The Young and the Restless Forums

Weekdays 12:30 PM on CBSIn Season

Victor Leaving Y&R!!!!!!!!!

imadoobee

[1]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    I just read on MSN that Eric Braeden is leaving Y&R!!! It has something to do with contract negotiations and they've been handled so poorly that he doesn't even care about the numbers anymore. This is just like what happened with Jess Walton (Jill) and Melodie Thomas Scott right? He'll be back, don't you guys think? What's Y&R without Victor? What was the point of bringing Nikki back if Victor is gonna be gone?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charley28

[2]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 66
    that's why melody was gone a couple months back. she went through the same thing as well as michelle stafford. it's a shame that he's leaving after almost 30 years on the show.. well it could be worse... they could do what they did to the cast of AMC and move them out West...

hopefully, they'll leave the door open for him since he's not actually dying.. he's just going to europe to recover from his complications

1MMfan

[3]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 16
    Well...that explains the seizure.
    But what was the whole point of this if he leaves?
    And if he does leave, Y&R just lost another viewer.

charley28

[4]Oct 10, 2009
    who knows what the point of the seizures were.. they could have just put it that he left after he got the heart to go recuperate.

imadoobee

[5]Oct 10, 2009

1MMfan wrote:
    Well...that explains the seizure.
    But what was the whole point of this if he leaves?
    And if he does leave, Y&R just lost another viewer.

I'm right there with ya. I remember watching this show with my mom back when Nikki was an exotic dancer. But if Victor is gone, so am I. I know he's kinda one of the "bad guys" sometimes but he's such a great actor and I just don't want to picture the show without him.

monk1220

[6]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    I sure hope Victor isn't gone for good. The show would not be the same without him. I've been watching Y & R for about 30 years. I wish they would get rid of the Gloria, Amber and that crew. They are so boring and I hate their story lines. Bring Victor back. Also, is anyone else sick and tired of poor frail helpless Sharon? I know I am sick to death of her. Wish she'd find another man already and leave Nick and Phyllis alone!

imadoobee

[7]Oct 17, 2009
    Eric Braeden's last day on the show is 11/02/09. I guess that will be my last day too. Victor is a great character on Y&R and for him to be treated as poorly as he was is criminal. Especially after being Victor Newman for 30 years. He will be missed.

Billie3

[8]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 20

Will he die from complications from his recent transplant surgery? Does anyone know how the writers plan to handle his exit?

I agree, the show will never be the same without the great Victor Newman. He was the glue that held the show together for the past 25 or so years. What will Nikki do without her beloved Victor? What will happen to the company, to his kids, to the ranch?

I cannot believe that he will actually leave the show and am secretly hoping that negotiations will take place to ensure that he will stay on. Otherwise I predict that this show is doomed.

charley28

[9]Oct 20, 2009
    WHY ARE YOU GOING TO STOP WATCHING?????? The show will go on without Eric Braeden. It's not like it is getting canceled.

He's not dying.. he's just leaving the show... he's going to be shipped off to Europe somewhere until who knows when??

Just look at it like this.. He's going to be the Stefano from DOOL for Y&R... They've brought Stefano back so many times from what ever situation the had him in the last time he was on...

Nikki will go on like she always has....

Billie3 have you been watching the show.. His kids are taking more leadership roles in the company... & Ashley is divorcing him & getting the ranch & Victor is letting her have it..

He's already gone... they attempted to give him a BS contract... latest Soap Digest book with him on it has it all in it... The show will go on like it always has...

lyndallfaith

[10]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 8

Eric Braeden leaving Y & R? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Victor Newman (and yes, most of us hate him) is the heart and soul of the show (although he is heartless and soulless). As I understand it, he was asked to take a big pay cut - economic crisis or not, you cut corners elsewhere (ahem, Lily). Sure, the show will go on, but I can't even imagine Y & R without him, and I've been hooked since the early 80's. There aren't many older actors on soaps that are constantly at the front burner of every storyline they are involved in. We've seen many of the actors disappear whilst in contract negotiations, only to return a couple of months later. Hopefully the powers that be at Y & R come to their senses and show the man the respect he deserves.

AnitaWilliams0

[11]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    Sure Y&R will go on without Victor Newman, but the point is -- will it be the same show? Continuity is what gives soaps the ability to bring viewers back daily, after months and months and sometimes after years away. Viewers enjoy identifying with those one, two or few cast members they either love to hate or hate to love. Victor Newman is one of those characters who possesses a certain je ne sais quoi, which both validates and adds oomph to the genre. He will be missed and for me the Y&R experience will suffer with his absence.

lyndallfaith

[12]Oct 29, 2009
    Eric Braeden has decided to stay and has come to an agreement with his employers. He's not going anywhere!!!!

wheelrchair

[13]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 15
    Where did you hear this.

imadoobee

[14]Nov 3, 2009

lyndallfaith wrote:
    Eric Braeden has decided to stay and has come to an agreement with his employers. He's not going anywhere!!!!

Do you remember where you read this? In everything I've read he seemed pretty firm in the fact that he wouldn't be back. Although it really wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's coming back. I'd just like to read it too!

lyndallfaith

[15]Nov 4, 2009

Here you go guys:

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/10/23/eric-braeden-stays-put-on-the-young-and-the-restless/

It's officially official.