The Young and the Restless

Weekdays 12:30 PM on CBS Premiered Mar 26, 1973 In Season

TVTome_Sudser

The Young and the Restless Fan Reviews (319)

• re: "the new billy"

I recommend Kaj-Erik Eriksen as the "new" Billy He looks the part and he deserves the role. I need someone to pass this information along to the writers.
  • Billy

I am a 30+ yr viewer.

The new Billy misses the mark!

The character has lost Billy's fun, whit and charm. The new fellow seems stiff and not all that believable. Feel like I am watching an actor play Billy. Disappointing!
  • HOW I GOT MY EX BACK

5.5
    Hello to the world at large I want to use this medium to tell

the world about Doctor BULL

who helped me in getting my

lover back with his powerful

spell, my ex and i where having

misunderstanding which led to our breakup though i went to

beg her several times to please

forgive and accept me back

because i know i offended her

but each time i went i always

feel more deeply in pain and agony because she always walk

out on me and would not want

to listen to what i have to tell

but on i faithful day as i was

browsing i came arose a

testimony of a woman whose problem was more than mine and

yet Doctor BULL helped her

with his spell so i was happy and

also contacted Doctor BULL for

help via email and then told him

my story but the only thing he said was that i will wipe you tear

with my spell so lucky for me

everything want well just as he

promised and right now i have

got my fiance back and we are

both living happily. there is nothing Doctor BULL can not do

with is spell and just as promise

my self i will keep testifying on

the internet of how Doctor BULL helped your

problem greater that mine or less i give you 100% guarantee

that Doctor BULL will put an

end to it with his powerful spell,

contact Doctor BULL for help

Via email GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.

2. WINNING LOTTERIES.

3. CHILD BEARING.

4. BREAKING OF GENERATION

COURSE.

5. GETTING OF JOB. 6. JOB PROMOTION.

7. MONEY SPELL.

8. SPIRITUAL PROTECTION.

9. HERBAL CARE.

10. BEAUTY SPELL.
  • Why does the New Billy look almost as old as Jack!!???

I am SOOO disappointed Y&R. Billy Abbott is boyish, adorable and witty. Not old, sorry, I am not saying the guy couldn't be in a other role, good enough looking guy but not even close to what Billy Miller is suppose to look and act like. Get your crap together!! Should have kept Billy Miller or geez have kept Davis Tom. Horrible just horrible, now he looks old just like job on that part I guess. It's a complete joke, seriously.
  • Why all the drama with black s on daytime soaps?

Hi everyone know it is just television but i cannot help but notice on the bold and beautiful and the young and the restless that the blacks always get some really ugly roles/ kills me to know that black actors cannot realize that producers are giving them parts to make them look cheap and without for instance the role of the black women on bold and beautiful Maya, Marcus, his wife his father all blacks without general hardly see Marcus Maya till now cannot marry and now she makes a fool of herself with and restless shows now Neil looking at a home for his black wife and her and his son in a dressing room making out why do they accept these type of roles it makes me so sick and the producers demonstrate in these soaps the disregard for black people look at the difference with hope she has constant roles and interesting ones all the whites in a matter of fact but the blacks need to wake up or the producers need to produce fairly as not all blacks live their lives with drama and disloyal behavior as they proudly display to the public in these soaps some black always in jail was a thief or something of that got money from his grand mom and does not know what to do with it i have never seen a white with a role to throw money off a roof top why do this to the black people his father is a business man in the show could they not instead show his dad teaching him to run business and successfully never see victor nor his kids doing this type of nonsense why do it to am sadden for this i am black and what i saw today with neil and his new bride made me sick and angry with producers of young and restless and The bold and beautiful.

Thanks for reading
  • How did this show win "best" Emmy

I have been watching YnR for over 30 years. I loved the quick pace and stellar acting and enjoyed the longevity of many characters. Ever since JFP took over the helm the show has gone from the best to the worst. Story lines are slow; some of the best characters have been made to look as stupid as can be. I don't want the characters of Phyllis and Adam to be recast because JFP does such a bad job at hiring new actors -- we can only expect the worst from whomever she chooses. This show was simply the worst last year and Days and GH were far better. The only thing that makes sense is that Emmy voters were bribed. This show is a slow slow slow moving train wreck and the writers and JFP need to be let go and the old team hired back.
  • NO LONGER YOUNG AND GETTING RESTLESS!

2.5
    New Billy - a bit better than the old new Billy - the stress is on 'bit'. Definitely no zing!! Chelsea and Billy - a big yuck! I also agree about Cain and Lily - boring couple! Neil and his new wife - terrible to watch. Get Devon his old girlfriend back - not the terrible beanpole model actress, the first girlfriend!! How about bringing back Sophia and Ronan Malloy and Chance - they are better actors/actress!!! Less of Chelsea's father - pathetic actor. Hunter King also not a very good actress. ENOUGH already of Sharon and Nick - lost interest to watch them. Bring Phyllis and her son back already! 07/07

I agree with the other reviewer that it's time to get Phyllis back!! She was nasty but in an interesting but not irritating way. The new Kelly is a little bit of an improvement over the old Kelly - but just as nauseating! The new Billy is still way past nauseating!! Sharon and Nick .... not worth watching ... ughh!! A lot of fastforwarding whenever they are together!!! Now the secret is out about the Cassie 'clone' (hope we are not going to see anymore of her!) How about blowing Sharon out of the water with her so called 'secret' and get it over and done with. Had enough of her already!! One more rating down!! Almost time to stop watching! 4/25

EWWWWWW!!!! Sharon and Nick making eyes at each other is making me gag!!!!!! Victoria and Snitch - they seem to match nicely ... Billy and Kelly - a definite NO!! Enough of Victor the dictator!! How about nice things happening to Adam and Jack for once??? Every episode is gloom and doom - not so enjoyable to watch anymore! The way the story is going and has already gone, is making me lower the rating! 1/10/2014

YES, please send Sharon posthaste on a slow boat to China! ENOUGH of Sharon. I really cannot stand her acting! How could the writers even make her dead daughter to be so devious and ugly in mind for that age? When I saw that I couldn't even believe what I was watching. Get Chelsea and Adam back together, I think they go very well together. How about more on Devon?
  • The Show

Hi new to this so please excuse me if I don't do a very good job. The new Billy/ Billy Miller was SUPER!!! so anyone to follow him has BIG shoes to fill. David Tom was a great teenager Billy. He has the skills but he did look to young. Oh how sad to look to young, if we all had that problem. I do love the Paul/Dylan story. Hats off to TPTB for finally putting a happy ending (so far) on that story line. I am from a strong military family so I am happy that they are finally bringing our Veterans to a story line however small that May be. Oh for heavens sake bring this Sharon story to an end!!!!! I have been watching this show since it first aired. This is the first time I can remember that I'm sick of this never ending (excuse me) drama. I'm sure I'm not alone. Hunter King is sure doing a good job being Phyliss's child. Impulsive and inappropriate. Keep up the good work. Back to the new Billy. I'm gonna give him some time before I pass judgement. His acting is ok it's just those BIG shoes. I do love the show and will continue to watch and complain LOL. I think Neil is silly and probably Mr St John feels silly playing it. Let Devon be with Hillary for goodness sakes. They are cute together. I know it's a Daytime Drama but some of these pairings are awful. I'd like to see a 50 year old woman paired with a 30 year old man. Both are inappropriate. Ok everyone TY for listening to my opinion.
  • Dissatisfied

The new Billy sucks! He is nothing like Billy Miller! He's not believable at all! David Tom was just as worse!!! Starting to not like the show after 25 years of watching! :(
  • OMG, TAKE IT EASY ON THE TEETH WHITENING!!!!!

Was watching Y&R and I almost needed a shield to protect me from all of the extreme fake teeth whitening! Come on guys, teeth whitening is great, but some of your actors have taken it to the extreme where it just looks very unnatural, almost like you are trying too hard to look perfect. Give it it down.
  • young and restless

I think it's really starting to suck, I used to look so forward to Mondays, and watching, but now, i feel who cares, it should be called the young and boring, to many changes in Billy's, and both of them stink , neither act like the real one. Ian, what a jerk, and i can't beleive that manic Sharon really can' t remember what she did to Phillis, which i miss so much, i was hoping she would come back and kick Sharon's ass. All i can say is they really need to make changes or I'm moving on to a new soap, maybe bb.
  • New Billy & Kelly, Adam

I've watched Y&R my whole life and the latest actor playing Billy will never be a Billy-type character. He just doesn't have the right style or charm to be Billy. The Billy character may as well be dead if this guy plays him. The last guy, David Tom, was way better. Of course Billy Miller was awesome, but if you can't get him, then you should have kept David. The new Kelly is super annoying and a bad actor. And of course I keep wishing you bring back Michael Muhney to play Adam again. He's one of the rare few actors over several decades that made the show really interesting. And the story plot was the best and most intricate when Michael Muhney first joined, like the murder mystery that lasted a year practically. That was the best the show's ever been. It went from a complex awesome show to a typical soap again. If Michael does go to General Hospital, I think I'm going to have to check that show out.
  • young and restless

Bring Billy Miller back I know they said the replacement they got for him was to young but he is still better than this new guy. I have watched this show since the beginning, have excepted some replacements but this one takes the cake !!!
  • Where are you finding these actors????

The new actor for Billy is awful!!! Nothing even close to the old Billy!!! Who is this Kelly?? She sucks!! Come on producers get it together or you will be gone, just like Guiding Light!! Quit being greedy and pay the great actors and actress's what they are worth!!!
  • Stop recording! Stop watching!

I stopped recording and watching. I do not care about any story line or character. Stop watching and they will get the hint. Nick and Sharon make me want to vomit. Who cares about any couple. No character has any integrity!
  • New Billy

I like this new don't love him like the old Billy, but so much better than David Tom! I actually stopped watching the show because of him. I still like Billy Miller best. Why are you people not bringing back such a fun and talented actor Miller? Get it together people. This show just drags on day to day. I also want Adam back.
  • New Billy Sucks.

I've watched this soap for at least 30 years and it pains me to see its demise. This nuBilly is horrible and out of place . David Tom was believable but this guy seems out of place. Billy Miller made his own Billy but chose to leave and that's fine. Bring David Tom back. And please no more sick Sharon and Nick. Bring some eligible women in the show for Nick. It's darn time for the secret about Stitch to be revealed. The nuKelly is fine. The other one looked too old for Billy Miller and had no chemistry with Jack. Oh gosh NuBilly looks older than Jack.
  • Whoever is in charge at Y & R you are ruining the show!

Bring back the old Billy Abbott, we need the old Phyliss back! The new actors suck such as Kelly. She is ridiculous! You are ruining everything! Sick of Nick and nutcase Sharon! It would be nice to have the old Adam back! We need our favorites! I don't care how much you have to pay them. Get them back!

Please! I have been watching the show since I was 12. I am about ready to stop! If you don't fix this mess! I hate it! You are going to lose a loyal fan if you don't go back and fix whoever changed this mess! If you want to contact me for some help feel free. Apologize to Phylliss and Billy get them back!
  • BORING AND SOON TO BE CANCELLED

Y&R has become so boring. This new writer drags out the stupidest story lines that viewers can see the outcome well in advance. This new recast for Billy shows the writer doesn't know the character. Billy Miller needs to be recast. This new recast if boring, old looking (looks older than Jack), serious and rigid. Billy use to be fun, adorable, unpredictable but tender. Recast Billy Miller. Christine looks horrible (makeup, and hair). Why did you even bring her back? If Y&R doesn't improve it will be off the air like all the other soaps.
  • Y&R WRITER WONT LISTEN TO US

WHY YOU CLOWNS MAKE THE CHANGES YOU MAKE ARE BEYOND US. ARE YOU TRYING TO GET Y&R TAKEN OFF THE AIR LIKE GUIDING LIGHT WAS? YOUR WELL ON YOUR WAY
  • Hair Desasters! Ugly, Ugly Hair!

When Character Avery first came to Y&R she had very Beautiful Hair. Now for 2months it looks Ragged and in Very Poor Health. Christines Hair looks horrible also.
  • WORST PRODUCER IN Y&R HISTORY

1.5
    36 yrs of watching this show and today I finally had enough!! What this new producer has done to Y&R is a CRIME!!! She has not only made it boring but she has made it so I don't even recognize anyone anymore. What a way to revamp the show, get rid of all the great actors and replace them with worse & worser!! Where is this lady's boss? Wake UP and fire her before Y&R looses all of its fans. Billy, Summer & Kelly ALL need to GO!!! And get my Adam back!!! Ugh hate this new producer! I now watch Y& R on DVR and fast forward through 90% of the story like everyone else. But today iv had enough not even going to bother recording it anymore. Maybe when all of the fans are gone they will wake up. PS this new Billy is just as bad as the one before. Listen to the fans and get our old Billy back.
  • disappointing

I've watched for 24 years. Everything is boring right now. I fast forward through most of the dialogue. Boring: Jill/Colin, Neil/Hilary, Mariah/Tyler/Abby, Summer/Austin, Jack/Kelly. What has happened? I like both David Tom & Billy Miller as Billy. They both give Billy the type of personality Billy should have. I loved David Tom when he originated the bad boy teen Billy, so I was excited to see him in the role again. The newest Billy is not believable as the new Malcom was not believable as a replacement for Shemar Moore a while back... BTW, why has there been no mention of the fact that Hilary is half sister of Leslie & Tyler?
  • The Young and Restless? More like The Young and BORING!!

Yawn! Yawn!! Where do I start? I am so tired of lousy actors like David Tom. Lets start with him! Not even believable for a husband for Victoria. David Tom looks way too much younger than her. Pathetic acting on his part. The old Billy was much better in that part, really handsome to watch not to mention more believable. I am tired of looking at Sharon with her hair in her face all the time. Seriously put it back, comb it for Gods sake, and wash it! Her hair always looks so greasy. Boring parts like Jill and Colin story line. Its also stupid!! This new person in the Kelly part? I liked the other one better. Too much changing of actors not a good idea. Really stupid story lines. Cassie lookalike? Really? Pathetic!! Come on people!! Straighten up. I have watched for so many years and I am leaving as I cant take the stupid, boring story lines any longer, not to mention lousy actors!! Cameron Grimes does NOT fit the Mir rah character. Cameron Grimes looks like a "goody two shoes" and not a Mirrah type! So glad you got rid of David Tom! Bring back Billy Miller please!!! He suits the part of Billy Abbot so much better! Please read this over and over! Most of the story lines are so BORING!!
  • New Billy

PLEASE tell me this new Billy is a temp until they find a permanent replacement. This one is almost a carbon copy of Stitch and does not fit Billy's character AT ALL!! It make watching his scenes very hard to watch and I don't feel good watching this episode, and I've watched all my life, and for the first time I'm not feeling this Billy and if he remains, I will phase the show out of my life because this new guy is NOT good fit in every way. Please keep looking!
  • BILLY

THANK GOODNESS THIS BILLY IS GET THE OLD BILLY BACK BUT THIS ONE AT LEAST FITS THE SHELLY AND STITCH AT THE END ARE BROTHER AND AM BETTING ON DID NOT KILL SOMEONE DIED IT WAS EITHER AN ACCIDENT, DURING MILITARY SERVICE OR WHILE AN FOR IT , VICTORIA

HE'S THE ONE...
  • what are you thinking?

5.5
    Billy Miller needs to return to Y & R, no matter how you try, no one else will ever nail that character as he did. As it is your story lines have been waining, as you let three main characters go (Billy, Adam, and Phyllis) what are you thinking!
  • Get it together Y and R

Ok!!! What is going on ??

I saw Billy Miller recently on the Talk. He said he didn't have a job yet.. Good lord people get him back!!!!! Geez pay up! It's like losing a victor or smthg. He is Billy.. I understand why you got rid of Adam because of his sexual enhancements toward that Hunter girl (Summer) but the show has lost it's passion! Phyllis being or going on another soap yeah that sucks !! You are doing smthg wrong to to lose your main people.. This Devon Neil Lilly and whatever her name is triangle thing it's soooooo boring!!!!! And good god enough already with Colin and Jill??? Snore !!!!!!!!! And Cassie / Mariah? One word of advice quick killing off your people because they always come back as look a likes ????? Stupid!!!
  • Hello!!! Is anybody listening!!!!!!

I canno bear to watch this show anymore!! Not only is it boring but it's also a continuously excruciating train wreck. So hard to watch. These story lines are ridiculous and do not make sense. As a loyal Y&R fan for over 30 years, I too am changing the channel. What was once a dynamic cast with brilliantly cast actors is now absolutely pitiful. Please listen to those who back Billy, Michelle and Michael!!! Sooo frustrating!!! Just torture!!
  • Niki & Paul

You might have fooled the the newbie watchers but you can't fool the ones of us who have watched from day 1. Niki & Paul DID NOT have a romantic affair when they were in the commune. They were friends like brother & sister and he watched out for her. The "computer enhanced, manlipulated scenes" that you played on 6/16 were just FOR TV AND NOT FOR THOSE THAT KNOW, they did not happen.

It makes me very sad that your writers think that we don't remember how things were and that they create things to make their stories go the way they want them to go. Give us some credit. They need to go back and see how things really were in the past before they write this stuff. I, and several of my friends, are very close to shutting down watching Y&R. It is becoming a big disappointment instead of a story that can be believable. Hope you have enough Newbie watchers to keep going.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10