The Young and the Restless

Weekdays 12:30 PM on CBS Premiered Mar 26, 1973 In Season

TVTome_Sudser

The Young and the Restless Fan Reviews page 4 of 13

7.6
  • Who hired the new writer?

Who was the person who came up with the idea to hire Phelps and Griffith. Together they are horrible. THEY are KILLING the SHOW. I have been watching for 30 years. I am in the 18-49 age group that is loosing interest in the show. Y&R is seeing the lowest ratings in years. Why are all of the main characters leaving? THE STORYLINES ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID. Phelps and Griffith and whomever else IS involved with writing, needs to look at the past storylines to see what use to work. Why were the ratings so great. What made the characters stay. Y&R has been #1 for 20+ years for a have a STRONG, LOYAL, fan base. We deserve better. Suck it up and bring back the original characters, Michelle Stafford (who is now on GH), Billy Miller, and Michael Muhney! Do whatever you have to do to get them back!!! I DVR the show everyday and fast forward most of the show. I HATE doing that. I look forward everyday to see this show, it's a part of me. The characters have become a part of many viewers lives. It is very upsetting to see them go downhill. The whole Jill and Collin storyline is so PATHETIC! Enough with the stupid jewelry You have her acting like a child. Get her a real honest gentleman already. Make some long lasting couples. Use some real life kidnappings, etc. and DON'T drag out the storylines. If you don't take the advice of your fans, which I am sure CBS has people reading post like this one, NONE of you will have a JOB because there will be NO one watching the show anymore! And that my friends would be the biggest tragic storyline EVER!
  • Please do something!!

I have been watching this show since I was five years old! This is the first time I have EVER skipped entire weeks of episodes and I don't even care. I no longer have the desire to even read the synopsis because both the story lines AND the new actors are TERRIBLE! Do the writers and producers not listen to the fans? Do they not see the ratings slipping? Do they even know the history of this show? I feel as if I could write and cast a better program! This is just sad!
  • Is anyone listening??? please

A huge mistake Y+R using Tom as "Billy ". My God, a whinny kid who has destroyed the role of a sexy, bad boy and keeps looking and sounding worse everyday is putting Y+R into the grave. WAKE UP!! Admit your mistake and pay whatever it takes to beg Billy back. U won't b sorry.
  • Bring Michael M. Adam Back !

1.5
    The story lines are usually good , but taking out one of the heavy Protagonists out of the script makes for a watered down and worthless storyline . He was out of order doing what he did , but people deserve second chances . I'm giving it a while to see if the script gets better , but it really has become uninteresting .
  • Where Have you Been Billy Boy.... Billy Boy??????

I can't believe that SAG didn't have some more qualified actors ready and willing to assume the role of Billy Abbott. This new dude looks like a high school kid and doesn't exactly exude any remote characteristic of the wayward Billy that we came to know and love. Writers need to take better care in not underestimating the intelligence of today's audience. The old story lines of people getting plastic surgery to look like someone else (of course they also somehow managed to get the same body build and voice pitch of the person they were duplicating) don't float. That's got to be the biggest insult of all.

However, back to the matter at hand. The new Billy is just not believable! When I retired a few years ago I started watching "The Bold and the Beautiful" because it was the worst writing of a soap opera I'd ever seen. It still is. I did, however, have faith in "The Young and the Restless" but it's wavering again - between the new Billy Abbott and Sharon's "secret" which they are milking beyond belief.
  • To bad for words

Get rid of Phelps. Bring back Michael, Billy, and Michelle and forget Susan lucci, her time has passed. I have been a fan for 48 years but am losing interest fast. Phelps has ruined the show trying to bring in her old croonies. Everyone she has brought on so far stink. She is an idiot and is ruining this show just like she ruined all the others she had been fired from.
  • Cast and Stories make for some terrible television

2.5
    I am a fan of Michael Muhney and I like Billy Miller, but I never intended to stop watching after he left. As long as the stories are good, I will keep watching. I watched the aftermath because I wanted to see how characters would react and deal with it. This was the beginning of boredom. With exception of Chelsea and Jack(brief moments Victor), he might as well packed a bag and left home to cheers. I watched consistently for two months. But instead of becoming explosive, the storylines dried up with repetition and any changes were just a turn for the worst. I lost interest and the family friends that came to watch from 12:30 to 2pm vacated like the police had knocked on the door.

When MM first left, I kept reading about recasts. 4 months later, I tune in to give Y&R a chance and catch up a bit. Who's the new Adam, don't know! He wasn't on today and yesterday or the day after. Ask my neighbor, but she doesn't know because SHE stopped watching! I check this weeks spoiler and find that he'll be peeking at Chelsea this week. Nice one Y&R. Hasn't the character behind the camera spy shot been used enough in daytime already?

Oh yeah, and there is Jack and Kelly (????), Nick and Sharon(??!?), that Neil with that woman Devon was with (WTF! $&*#)?

Character review:

The recasts and the boring storylines were the first things that got my notice when I returned to watch again. Billy, Phyllis, Adam, but now Abby, Victoria, and Kelly too!

Suddenly, after watching the new Abby, I was realized that I liked the old Abby so much more. This Abby looks older and even less believable. When someone first referred to her as "Victor's daughter," I kept wondering what daughter, and then realized, it CANNOT be that older woman????!! Are they really trying to sell that??

As for Kelly, I never liked her. She was an awful, unwanted character, that would have been more useful to character and story progression as the real driver in Delia's accident. But her replacement actor, let's just sum it up as the original Kelly played Kelly well. While she acted and behaved clingy, sneaky, and had real problems that she used to help wreck others' lives, the new Kelly seems more like a bed warmer character. Someone that would be on B&B warming beds for 6 months with male characters and leaving after tangling with Brooke.

New Billy is just awful. I gave him a chance. He was the original Billy after all, but the other reviewers are not lying. I can't stand to watch his bad acting. I miss Billy Miller so much. Take inspiration from his Emmy nod and rehire him. I've already heard from the grapevine that Davis Tom is out. That is one less stain on the screen.

His spouse, Victoria, is another victim. Another perfectly good, seasoned and well liked character. She had acting chops and tangoed well with Billy Miller. Loved her dad but knew how to balance her anger, after all, he is still their dad (I'm looking at you, Nick). I liked her when she debuted. And I am a person who loved me some Heather Tom. Now I'm just shaking my head.

Delia's accident was unwelcome storyline that should not have happened, BUT it made for some great acting. Some of the best material came out of that that we haven't seen as of recent. It made us feel a lot of things. Unfortunately, the less than good replacement actors, attempts to maintain year old storylines, plus keep the "aftermath of Delia's accident" alive drove anything good under. The latter two parts of the last sentence could be combined. I think JP wanted to keep the feels going. There were other stories she'd already drained, she just add this incident to the mix and now we all want to forget.

And perhaps I have it wrong; Delia's child actress may have very well have been the second victim, right behind Phyllis. She was a sweet, extra touch to a show where all the former kids suddenly were adults. She also brought out the better sides of the adults. It was a sad accident that made us really love Billy and want better for Adam; the confrontation was mesmerizing tv that would have made me recommend Y&R 100x. But after all these goings and recasts maybe it would have been better if this plot never made it to production. Mrs. Phelps is a jinx on this show, and my prediction is, Y&R will be lucky to last another decade on screen.

Tune in when it gets good, because once the story starts to stink, soon you'll be dancing with dozens of buzzards and vultures galore. 2.5 stars for putting me to sleep.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Chloe. Lies, shrieks, and thief is finally gone this week. Guess our writer did get something right.
  • C'mon writers!

This Sharon changing the paternity test thing has gone on waaayyy tooo long! Just get it over with already and let Nick know!
  • Do you want me to break all my TV's ?

Watch a few days of the Young and Restless, with the ever boring puffy faced and bad hair days Sharon, the ever boring do nothing Nick, Nicki with her all too tight painted on clothes, Victor who simply buys too much hair grease, and not enough wrinkle cream, and can no longer get his annunciation or diction right-he mumbles everything, and now the boring Chloe and all the out of wedlock children and everyone having to have sex on TV, add CBS stupidity, and the worst of writers, and I want to fire all of them and destroy my TV

Get rid of this trash show PLEASE! The cast and show are sickening.
  • The Fall Of Y&R

4.5
    Daytime has a unique opportunity to create some very interesting and detailed story lines , but yet they refuse to. They have the characters cycle thru partners until they are forced to add a new male or female to the cast as any further relationships would be incest. We have a lot of characters on the show that are being under utilized and when they do throw them in the story lines are week and add no value. The death of Adam is just nonsense why we are getting flashes when it is truly insignificant. Chloe instead of this crazy obesession with the baby, let's kick it up a notch let her really lose is give us that Patty crazy let her stretch her acting chops. The treasure hunt was cute for a moment, the writers don't know what to do, it's so campy now it has lost its luster. Neil and Hillary seriously Y&R age may be nothing but a number, but he tried to sleep with her now dead mother so kill this story line now, you can always make it a fantasy scene. Ian Ward he really should got away or let us in on a part of the secret and some action on his part this just showing up is just foolish. I love Sharon, but why are we making her this ditsy. If she is bipolar lets see it let her really be manic, hyper sexual the sense of being lost the disease has so many layers to explore. Over the years so many relationships have been damaged that it's hard to make sense of the characters interacting with one another. Cane and Lilly (best couple ever) need another shake up (not infidelity) because hey love each other too much, the kids being kidnapped would be great but not that crappy BS give me some real primetime terror. Ben and Victoria it would amazing if this was a real fatal attraction, and for fear of what he might do to her miracle baby there is a 8 month long forced tense relationship. I know this rant may be ignored and we will continue to see the same sh!t over and over again but I really hope at least one smart writer gets the hint.
  • Horrible show!!

The show is clearly not doing well at all!! Repetition of the same stories over and over, shows that the writers are relying on old scripts and not making any efforts to create other exciting ones!

Victor and Nicki back and forth, Nick and Sharon (ridiculous couple), they both should not be even on the show, horrible actors! And what is with Jack??? Since when if your fiance is in a coma, you have the right to go love or have an affair with someone else? That's new low even for Y&R!

And Lily... She doesn't make sense... I don't even know "what" she is!

Victoria, Billy, Chloe, and CASSY/Maria?? Dear Lord! I could go on and on for hours... and the editors, aren't you suppose to "EDIT" the show before it airs???? During the hypnosis session, Sharon's Doctors is asking her "what are you sorry about?" before Sharon started saying I'm sorry!!!! what a waste of 5 minutes as this is how long it takes me to watch the whole show to get to some point, or any point!

This show is a joke!!!!

PS: Just an advice, bring back the real actors: Adam Newman (Michael Muhney), Phyllis Newman (Michelle Stafford), Billy Abbott (Billy Miller)... .and see your rating go up!

• Wasting Away

You have heard the complaints and I agree with all of them. Here are some suggestions.........

A new intern for Victor sparks a love interest for Kevin.

Cain discovers his fathers plot and in anger accidently kills him.

Courtney goes undercover to nail Ian and gets herself in serious danger.

Chloe gets pregnant and leaves town to hide it.

Jack puts an end to Hilary and Neil do to work space conflict.

Chloe and Billy start to get romantic and because of Victoria's unstable choices they seek to get custody of Johnny. Just when Chloe and Billy are finding happiness - Boom - Adam's back.

Victor is removed from Newman because of drug scandal and Adam takes over.

Sharon discovers the truth about Summer and twists the story so she looks like the hero, but Avery figures her out.
  • Billy might as well killed his daughter

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of Billy blaming Adam for his child's death? I am surprised the police didn't arrest Billy for child endangerment. The death of Billy's daughter is completely Billy's fault. The only thing Adam was guilty of is not saying anything, but the child shouldn't of been in the road in the first place. Billy is really looking like a punk. One more you ever feel like there is a writer whom nobody will say no or that doesn't sound right? Like when Leslie said no to marriage and then gets married. That was really lame.
  • HARD TO RATE WHEN IT SUCKS

TO THE DIRECTORS/POWERS TO BE WHO ARE DECISION MAKERS ON Y&R STORY LINES. MAKE SENSE OR MAKE NO SENSE THIS IS CONFUSING, GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES, NICHOLAS IS SO DISRESPECTFUL TO HIS DAD MY BIG NICHOLAS IS A WHINY ASS, GRASSHOPPER HAS MUCH TO LEARN FROM HIS DAD, SEEMS HE SHOULD TAKE THE GOOD AND THE BAD AND DRAW FROM IT WHERE HIS DAD IS CONCERNED. NIKKI LEAVING RATHER THAN DEAL WITH BIG VIC HER HUSBAND, SHE VOWED TO STAND BY HER MAN/HUSBAND FOR BETTER OR WORSE. YES LAUREN W/A BABY MIGHT NOT BE SUCH A BAD IDEA, IF WOULD BE REFRESHING I THINK. SHARON TAKING HER CLOTHES OFF IS SICKENING TO ME AT THIS STAGE, NEAL AND HIS CO WORKER, NOT A GOOD LOOK. GETTING OLD THE FIGHT WITH LILLIE AND SEE I CAN NOT EVEN REMEMBER HER NAME THAT WOUD BE HILLARY, STOP ALREADY. FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO WHAT MAKES Y&R STAND OUT WHICH ALSO MADE IT NUMBER 1 SOAP. IT DEALT WITH ACTUAL REALITY, STAYED TRUE TO DAILY LIFE ISSUES, THAT I APPLIED TO MY OWN LIFE AND IT REALLY WORKED WHEN I DID, I NEED TO KEEP BIG VIC, NIKKI AND ALL THE SEASONED CAST MEMBERS WORKING, INCLUDING JACK GET US A SOLUTION TO PHYLLIS, GET HER OUT OF THIS COMA AND BACK TO HOME, AND THIS NEW GIRL AS HIS LOVE INTEREST IS NOT A GOOD LOOK, PERHAPS THE FIRST KELLY WOULD BE BETTER. THE NEW BILLY IS SUCKS, HE IS NOT A GOOD FIT OR A GOOD LOOK, HIS OVERALL IMAGE IS NOT WORKING FOR A WHOLE LOT OF US. WE WANT THE OLD BILLY BACK.

GONNA NEED SHARON TO KEEP HER CLOTHES ON GET HER MEMORY BACK GIVE US THE PART WHERE SHE IS FOUND OUT OR BRING BACK PHYLLIS TO FORCE HER TO ADMIT WHAT SHE DID, AND LET'S MOVE ON, THIS IS SO OLD AND NOT WORKING FOR THIS PORTION OF SOAP TO DRAG OUT SO LONG. ALSO FOR RUDE NCHOLAS ALSO TO KEEP HIS CLOTHES ON AND GIVE HIM A NEW RESPECTFUL DIALOG IN DEALING WITH HIS DAD BIG VIC.

GONNA NEED YOU TO GIVE BIG VIC HIS POWER BACK OF A MOVER AND SHAKER, HE CAN MOVE SHARON AND NICHOLAS FROM HIS PROPERTY PERMANENTLY, WITH HIS MONEY AND POWER HIS SECURITY IS SUFFERING FROM A LACK OF PROTECTION OVERALL ALL. THE MONEY NICHOLAS JUMPED ON BOARD TO SUFFOCATE FROM THE LAWSUIT AGAINST VICTOR.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADAM RETURNED TO SOAP THE LAST ADAM WITH A NEW REVELATION, FOR HIS DAD, TO REUNITE WITH VICTOR IN BUSINESS AND SHOW STUPID, UNFORGIVING CHARACTERS, NICHOLAS AND VICTORIA WHAT A PERSON LOOKS LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE LIVED A LIFE AS ADAM HAS AND GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE; HOW IT IS DONE IN BUSINESS, LIVE THE LEGACY VICTOR HAS IN MIND FOR HIS FAMILY, BUT NOT BORING. HAVE BILLY ARRESTED FOR KIDNAPPING , SHOOTING ADAM AND LEAVING THE SCENE OF A CRIME.

YES I SO AGREE WITH YOU THAT THINK THAT BILLY IS A COMPLETE DIP, AND JILL AND COLIN ARE A COMPLETE DISASTER, THE STORY LINE IS SENSELESS, THIS IS SAME AS A PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM AND THEY DON'T WANT OR THINK WE SEE IT, BELIEVE ME WE SEE IT AND ARE WATCHING IT AND THIS IS WHY WE ARE ASKING YOU ALL TO FIX THIS. WE ARE LOYAL FANS . ADMIT THIS IS A DISASTER Y&R, THIS IS GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES AND FRANKLY I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING Y & R SINCE 1962, WHAT IS THIS YOU ARE DOING NOW? PLEASE REGROUP AND GO BACK TO THE NORMAL, BEFORE I STOP WATCHING THIS SOAP ALTOGETHER, I WOULD ONLY RECORD AND FAITHFULLY WATCH Y&R ALWAYS. HAVEN'T MISSED A SHOW. I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE ON A COLLISION COURSE AS YOU ARE PRESENTLY, PLEASE SAVE Y&R, TALK TO VICTOR, NIKKI, PAUL LAUREN ABOUT WHAT MADE THE SHOW WORK? THEY ARE THE SEASONED MAJOR PLAYERS WHO HAVE LONGEVITY ON THE SHOW, ALONG WITH THOSE WHO HAVE SINCE GONE ON TO HEAVEN/ DECEASED; KEPT THIS SOAP NUMBER ONE. I HATE WE LOST KATE CHANCHELLOR, HOPING MY SPELLING IS DOING JUSTICE.

MY POINT IS I NEED MY FAVORITE AND ONLY SOAP I CHOOSE TO WATCH ON THE AIR. I WANT TO KEEP WATCHING.
  • annoying

Since the Newmans are ALL millionaires and educated, when Nick announced the DNA issue, the entire family would have had ANOTHER test!!!!!! This nonsense has no intrigue or mystery. It is just ANNOYING!!!!

The new Billy has a weird lisp, looks like a bum, and is ANNOYING!!!!

The new Kelly looks like a young Joan Rivers and is ANNOYING!!!

The writers of Y&R consider the fans as stupid.
  • Gross

3.5
    Thank God for Nicholas! All other men on Y&R are disgusting. Then EW with Sharon, the last sexy went to hell EW. I've been watching since birth and have never seen a more unattractive poor acting male cast.
  • I may be not be Young but I am Restless

After many years of watching and loving this show, something is horribly wrong.

David Tom is too young and a terrible actor to fill the shoes of Billy Miller and how will they ever replace Michael Muhney and Elizabeth Hendrickson. The story lines are UNBELIEVABLE - Mariah is dead Cassie look alike, the far reaching and boring Abbey, and Tyler. Kelley who is way too old for Billy and the snore fest that is Jill and Colin.

I wonder, do the producers want us to watch or are they trying to kill the show?
  • The Young & The Restless

I have watched for many many years and it is getting boring. There are no good story lines anymore. It is all just chit chat and filling time with sex scenes. Stupid. Bring back Phyllis. If you have to replace her with a new actress just do it!!!! There are other sexy sassy actresses around that could fill that character. Getting tired of the boring stuff now.
  • Bad actors!

I have watched Y&R for many years and they have recently switched some actors. They are horrible: billy and kelly's actors are not attractive and not good at acting!!!!!2
  • Neil, a sick dirty old man

what is the producer thinking? Neil dating a girl the age of Lily and Devon... totally sick... and to see him prance around like he is younger... that is sick... I'm happy he is no longer with Leslie... she should actually be gone from the show... doesn't fit in... however, he should be dating someone his own age...

absolutely sickening... Would the producer have Nicki date Adam.... no... I don't think so...

needless to say... not a fan...

based on this storyline and Nick and Sharon... my rating goes down down down
  • THE NEW BILLY SUCKS! THE OLD KELLY IS THANKFULLY GONE! WE NEED PHYLLIS!

Phyllis made things fun! Wake her up and have her push Sharon down a set of stairs and hopefully her crappy weave/extensions come out. But I do love Sharon and Nick together. Have Jack start something with Kelly (the new one) and wake Phyllis up, making it difficult for Jack to choose...

BRING ADAM BACK!!

I love Victor's character.

The new Billy's voice is SOO ANNOYING!! The old Kelly's lack of face movement was sickening. Jill and Colin. Who the hell wants to watch these two going at it. The idea of Lauren having a baby was a bad idea. And give Cricket a kid, she needs one. I say "give" because she is too dam old to have a baby.

Summer's character is a total snooze....

Have Kevin meet a woman that can appreciate his kindness. Billy needs to move on. so confused is annoying and boring.

• Genoa City's Misery

Put Y&R out of its misery.
  • fire the writers!

Get rid of this new Billy quick! bring Adam and the old Billy back ,bring the other Abby back, don't let Chloe Phyllis back,enough of Sharon and Nick it's just sick and get your act together and get this show back on track before there is absolutely no reason for anyone to watch at all!
  • What happened to the writing?

this show is going down. Filler with sex scenes, stupid story lines, poor replacements for main characters. I am hating it now...
  • why why Dixie and Opel... I like Jason from General Hospital but no all my children

I can't believe that Y&R has Opel and Dixie... this is not all my children... and I really dropped that show a long time ago for a reason
  • Stop the madness!!!

Quick thoughts. Can't stand the new Billy. He has to go. Bad actor. Bad voice. Not nearly as fun and as real as the old Billy. Such a shame. Big mistake getting rid of Adam. The show just isn't the same. Stupid story lines: Cassie look alike, Summer's paternity line, sick of mean girl Lillie, Nick and Sharon. Jill and Colin, Billy and Victoria. Oh wait, I guess the whole show is STUPID!!!!!!! Come on, I've been a loyal watcher for years. Give me something or I'm done. Get your house in order.
  • What he hell???

Done with Y&R after many years. Pathetic...
  • I'm tired of the current Billy

The previous Billy Abbott was believable. The new Billy makes me want to stop watching the show. My wife and I record and watch the show daily. We are so close to taking Y&R out of our daily entertainment. I agree with The Titanic is Sinking comments. Either make some major changes and get back the stars we like to see or Y&R is history in our house.

Honestly I have a hard time believing the rating score posted on this board when I entered. I gave you a 4 and feel that is more than generous.
  • Young and the restless

My mom and I think it is ridiculous that Billy feels he has the right to be upset and feel betrayed about Victoria and Stitch when HE WAS THE ONE WHO CHEATED ON VICTORIA in the first place!!!!! He has no right to act so righteous, they're separated and he is the one that screwed up!!

And we will never be a fan of Sharon and Nick, her lies about Summer's paternity need to come out already!

Our rating would usually be a 9+ but with these two story lines going the way they are were not impressed lately!!
  • The Titanic is Sinking

Billy Miller and Michelle Stafford are the drama we love to embrace. My husband and I have watched Y&R for over 30 years and everyday for the past two weeks we keep asking each other "really, do we really want to torture ourselves?" When is enough, enough?. Y&R, you need new writers and you need to get back the stars of the show, beginning with Billy Miller and Michelle Stafford. Your story line stinks, and it is apparent that you are losing your audience. Are you going to stand up and take notice once it is too late? You are on the verge of following the many great Soaps that have gone under. Please, please give us what we want before it's too late.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10