The Young and the Restless

Weekdays 12:30 PM on CBS Premiered Mar 26, 1973 In Season

TVTome_Sudser

The Young and the Restless Fan Reviews page 6 of 11

• Current Y&R storylines SUCK! I could write better!

I used to watch Y&R to support my friends who act on there. I've seen good characters gone, just like good writing gone. I dvr'd the show this week and skipped everything to get the gist of it on Friday's episode. Billy leaving Didi in the car and she supposedly getting hit by Adam is lame. Adam would have/should have at least noticed that he hit something when they showed previously that he stopped for a dog.

You want Y&R to be at the top like they used to be? How about writing scripts that are at the pulse of today's issues? That whole storyline about Summer and Kyle being siblings could have been taken a bit further to where they could be caught in bed and told that they are siblings. Of course, now we know they're not. How about Phillip being brought back in with his male lover and how Jill has to deal with her son being gay. Hell, make Nicholas bi with all his female problems and let Victor chew on that issue with all his machismo. How about the IRS coming down on Victor or Jack? What about Victoria finally getting pregnant with Billy's kids (triplets) via invitro? I would love to see Adam create his own business that then buys out Newman Enterprises as Victor's ego drives Chancellor Enterprises to the ground.
  • Young and the Useless?

WHAT HAPPENED?? Y&R was my favorite show on TV. You must have new writers! This Nick and Summer storyline is just so very bad. Now finding out it really is not true? How bad and desperate can you get for a new storyline. This is the FIRST time I will stay away from this show. Get back your original writers as this show was always a number 10 and better than any prime time series.

I will miss the show but now choose to miss it with this horrible story with no meaning.

End it soon and I may come back!!!!!
  • bad.. adam hitting child avoiding dog billywow

When I restarted watching it and adam supposedly hit didie no proof. Than instead of.. billy calling cops or mom or wife he reminisces. Please.. make show more believed. . This sucked
  • sucks

Y&R is sooo boring, we've been waiting for weeks for something to happen, too late, we're done watching this show, we use to look so forward to watching it. Seems like it's the general consensus of all my friends that watch this show, too bad, it will be missed, and this isn't even worth rating. I've been watching this show for 30 years.
  • Why is Phylis gone????

WHy has she disappeared from the show??? It makes me worry that they are replacing her!! I hope not! Noone else can play Phylis! She needs to come out of coma and put Sharon in her place! ASAP!!!
  • BORING AND TIRED OF SHARON

Everyone gets into a bad situation and truth comes out except for Sharon. She is annoying on the program and honestly do not really care for this program anymore because the storyline is so unrealistic and boring, How come Sharon always gets away with things. Please find a better storyline than this.
  • Adam Newman is leaving the show???

Adam Newman is leaving the show?? NOOO!!!! the man is just great, why would any show wont this man gone, he is wonderful!! funny, freaking good looking, the man is a great actor!! I hope young and the restless would reconsider letting this man go
  • JFP at Y & R--there WILL be a mob war!!!

Y and R is ridiculous since Jill Farren Phelps (sp?) took over after leaving GH. Steve Burton left GH running some BS about having new projects lined up that were less demanding on his schedule allowing him to spend more time with family that had moved to TN. What a n load of BS. Steve has double or more airtime than he had on GH, he sucks as Dylan and JFP has tossed aside the actors and storylines we love in exchange for promoting her boy Steve Burton. But don't worry soon the Abbotts and Newmans will find out they are actually gangsters desended from prominent mob families and Steve Burton with be the #1 hitman. That's the only storyline JFP knows how to write. (Oh and please kill the storyline involving Neil, Leslie, Lily, Cane, Mason, Hilary----it's been dragged on and on to death multiple times.
  • SHARON'S GOT TO GO SOMEWHERE!!

Please new writers!!!! I beg you to get Sharon on a slow boat to China. Her storyline desecrates the memory of her -- not Nick's -- daughter. I've even forgotten her name, and I've been a viewer since the show's beginning!! Lock her up in a mental institution so she can get the help she needs. Send her on a trip. She KNOWS how to run away and find a man!! And her little bratty daughter, come on. Stop turning Faith into a creepy little menace. Sharon is just running roughshod over EVERYONE and getting away with it. PUHLEEZE write something good for a change.
  • cANCEL THIS SHOW

1.5
    cANCEL THIS STUPID SHOW NOW! After 35 years I cant stand it anymore what the hell happened?

• Nicky and MS

I would like to see more of the Nicky and MS story line. Millions of us have MS it's a great forum to help families understand what people with MS go through.
  • New writers

Story line is getting boring. Drop Cane and Lilly enough about Rose put Sharon back on her meds and we all know Adam is not going to be charged for rape. Let,s bring a new actoress in to replace Phyllis.
  • Sharon oh Sharon

FINALLY! Sharon has come to her senses in realizing that Nick is and always will be the LOVE of her life. We can debate Sharon's sanity because of the fact that she is taking advice to deceive that love, from the ghost of Cassie. We all take comfort where we can. But it's to late Sharon! Nick was ready, willing, and able to forgive and forget, but NNNooooo, you needed to prove that you didn't need him and that you were independent and that Adam was 'the one'. Now she is caught up in a web of lies that is causing pain and heartache to someone that Nick loves. Doesn't she know that it is going to end badly. My suggestion to Sharon is tell the truth . Before Phyllis or a fake Phyllis tells all and then she will never get a chance to make Nick understand that she really does love him in her own twisted way.
  • What's going on?

It seems that the cast is degrading in quality. The new Abby, who is totally giddy, is almost nauseating and Michelle leaving after Jeanne's death leaves much to be desired to watch.
  • Fed up

I've been watching this show since my junior year of high school in 1994. First of all I'm upset to see Michelle (Phyllis) leave, her eventually getting back with Nick was the only reason I continued to watch now. Someone should have told her if it's not broke don't fix it with a Web show. Second I am sick of watching Sharon get away with everything over the peat several years. You have this story line about the love they had for their dead daughter, but let me tell you how I remember it. Cassie didn't come on the scene until she was five years old and bought in by someone who was trying to get back at Sharon for something. She didn't want Nick or the other Newman's to know about her. She didn't even want the little girl around until Nick convinced her that he did. A year later she leaves the ill conceived child along with their toddler son with Nick while she ran off with another man I think named Diago. Lastly I watched a love connection with Chelsea and Adam that was so refreshing that you decided to end it for something that no one can be stupid enough to believe. I'm done and I'm afraid so is Y&R.
  • Do we need new writers?

For the past three weeks, I have chosen to boycott this daytime television drama. The plots are so exhaustingly negative, specifically, the insidious paternity switches for Summer. First, the average, non-trained individual could not change DNA results in an actual lab. Second, no physician would stand in publicly accessible area and announce paternity results with the patient's name audible to the surroundings.

I believe Y&R will lose a vast majority of intelligent viewers if these sad stories continue. They have certainly lost me.

• Hey Dig that "Beautiful Red Hair" on Phyllis after Brain Surgery

Gee writers give us a break Phyllis looks like she just got back from having a make over then someone who just got out of brain surgery. Where's the bandages from the surgery? and what up with her hair?

I thought that a person who has Brain surgery they cut the hair? You did on Mrs. C when she was in the hospital with a head injury. Come on Phyllis has to feel really stupid playing a part of a brain surgery patient and looking so great afterwards can I have the same doctor so when this happens to me I can look so great too. Phyllis I luv u your a great actress but please do us all a favor and don't submit this role for the Daytime Soap Opera Awards u won't win if u do it's a non believable role sorry girlfriend but I still luv u anyways.

Glenn
  • Script

The writers really need to look at all of the sadness they are writing in. True turnoff. Hate to see Phyllis go. Sharon should leave!
  • Sharon wins again

5.5
    Why does Sharon keep winning. Now she has broken Nick heart as well as Noah and summer. This is terrible, I wish they would find Sharon a new man and not a Newman or an Abbot.
  • My Favorite is going on????

5.5
    I sit here listening to Y and R and I say listening because I had to stop watching to let you know my thoughts. I have been a Y and R fan since I was am 56 now. I DVR episodes when I am not able to watch at the scheduled time. Lately I have to fast forward through many of the episodes because I cannot stomach the characters you are now focusing on in your storylines,,,Nick was your worst used to fastforward it is Avery (Ms. Sugar and Syrup), Dylan (Mr. Deer in the rid of should not be on the of them are so sappy! Put Chelsea back with were great together.

The new Kyle and . I am listening to Kyle has no bring back the other Kyle and Abby. What happened to them? If it pay, give it to them!

I really wish Heather Tom were back as other gal, rid of her, too!

I don't know what is going on at Y and R, but fix it!
  • The new Kyle and Abby just don't cut it!

Why did Y&R have to recast Abby and Kyle, the new abby does NOT measure up the Emme Rylan and the new Kyle does not have the flair, whit, and savvy of the previous 25-yr old Kyle! What bad casting decisions on the show's part. Oh the new Kyle is SUCH a bore!!! It's really souring me on the scenes that involve these two now.
  • Why is this show still on?

1.5
    First of all, parents not telling their daughter that she's about to sleep with her brother ... Tell her before the show really receive nasty emails.

A husband going out on a pretend date with his cheating wife ... Please get a divorce already.

None of the so-called graduates, who by the way grew up 13yrs from last year, were ever shown going to school or doing homework. They all end up working for Newman, etc.

Lily and Tyler .... Victor and family ... the whole group .... Boring.

Dylan and Chelsea actors should leave so that they can still salvage their careers. They should go prime time to other shows.

• So close to no longer watching

2.5
    I thought the old writer was bad but this new writing team may even be worse. Why are we having a 1000 recasts? Why are all these washed up former SOAP stars on my show? I didn't watch Y&R for over 2 decades to watch a bunch of hacks from General Hospital, Hawthorn Heights and wherever else these horrible actors are coming from. I have never liked other SOAPS besides Y&R and have no interest in watching their actors on this show. And why oh why would they hire a writer from a SOAP that flopped? To ruin what was left in this show?
  • Young and the Restless

Program today was there be a video out?
  • For Black and White

As from the late"Micheal Jackson" It Doesn't Matter if Your Black or White. You yourself are mixed we all are, go to ancestory and find out more about yourself.
  • Re: Black and White

I love how you think you can speak the minds of black and white. It's 2013, mixed people are all over, it's reality. Get over it!!!!!
  • Black and White

2.5
    Use to love this show. Now I hate it because everytime I tune in you are mixing up blacks with white people. The white people don't like it and neither do the blacks. If got had wanted us to be mixed up eve would have been black and adam would have been white. Get a grip! Stop mixing it up!
  • What is going on??

Y & R has become so bad I can hardly believe it. The new producer - or who ever she is - is just ruining the show. Steve Burton is like a fish out of water and does not fit the part. Actually there is no reason for this Dylan character at all. And Avery - get rid of her - she is sooooooooooo dumb for someone who is supposed to be smart. The new development of a toryline around Neil's girlfriend is also dumb. And the new Kyle who started today is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! What a disappointment this show is and has become a disaster. It is getting as bad as the STUPID Bold & Beautiful!!!
  • get a grip

everyone needs to get a grip. nikki needs to stop looking her nose down on sharon and realize and remember she got her start on a stripper pole. the newmans also need to start showing so respect to adam for what he did. nick needs to wake up about his little girl and do something besides going to bed with avery
  • Steve Burton will always be seen as jason morgan.

I am a huge fan of steves, tried to start watching y&r when he came on the show and by day 3 i was over it. SInce he moved to nashville maybe he should try to get a part on the show nashville with his music talent. his former daytime co-star from . fits like a glove in that show. If you cant play jason morgan maybe you should think about not doing daytime at all.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10