The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

ABC (ended 1996)

pferreira86

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Fan Reviews (5)

• The show I still claim is my favorite TV show of all time, although I'm not exactly sure why anymore. There was humor, adventure, history, general cleverness... well, I guess that's why.

I was in eighth grade when this came out, and my family watched it together, but I'm not sure I'd even seen "Raiders" at the time... I'm pretty sure I saw "The Last Crusade" though. I really didn't know what to expect, which is maybe why I enjoyed it more than the critics who claimed it wasn't enough like the movies. Darn those critics. Did they have any influence on people not watching this? Did they have any influence on the show getting cancelled way before its time? Or is it just that the American public just does not have as good of taste as me? Which accounts for why two of my other favorite shows of all time, "Freaks and Geeks" and "Firefly," were cancelled in even half the time as this one? What is WRONG with the world?!

I remember the show made me laugh. I remember my second cousins were all over my house because their grandmother had just died and we were all watching this and LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY even though their grandmother had, as I already mentioned, just died. I remember I was always sitting with my eyes wide, just taking it all in, feeling on the edge of my seat even if I wasn't actually sitting there.

I remember an episode I'd been really looking forward to aired while I was busy having a birthday party, and I was THAT TORN between actually doing party things with all my guests and sneaking away to watch! I never did see that episode....

I remember my sister was starting band and had to pick an instrument and picked sax JUST because Indy played sax on the show. I really need to get my hands on the DVD...