The Young Riders

The Kid

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 20, 1989 on ABC

• Five young men and one young woman join up with the Pony Express out of Sweetwater. They all come from different backgrounds thinking they are ready for one of the toughest jobs around.

This episode started up one of my favorite television programs of all time. For a pilot episode it actually had most of the main relationships all set up. Some of the characters changed a lot over the three seasons and others changed very little. I think the thing that brought me into the show right away was how quickly the characters became a family. It took them a lot longer to figure out that they were a family than it took the audience. from the moment they stood together we all knew they would do alright. Fabulous episode.
  • Great western series about the early years of the pony express.

One of the best western series EVER. I never missed an episodes. I love westerns,but this one was one of the best. It wasn\'t your typical western (you know there\'s some Indians, lets shoot them for the heck of it) It was intelligent with enough action not to be boring, and it had a great soundtrack. I wish it had lasted much longer but you know with any good series they move it around till nobody can find it and then cancel it. Series 1 is out on DVD in March and I will be first in line to get. GREAT SERIES!!!
  • About this episode

This had wonderful costuming.