"Behind the Huge Wall" 1.1 8/9/2009

agent_0042

[1]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 66
    Well, the show started out at least halfway promising. Immediately though, I was weary of a couple things-- the presence of kids as competitors, which is rarely a good sign & the host, who doesn't seem to have much spark.

I think I began to grow irritated right around the first competition. Covering people up with mud and spraying them down with fire hoses? Lame!

Around the commercial break after that, I started reading a book and just sort of half-watched the show. It seemed like most of the rest of the program was taken up by discussion of which family would be eliminated and the actual elimination ceremony. Very poorly structured.

I don't give this show very long at all and there's about no chance I will be watching next week. I have other things to do with my time...

The Amazing Race this show wasn't. CBS, I know you own this site, so if you're reading, do better next time, please.
    Edited on 08/09/2009 7:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 17

I don't think I care about what happens so it seemed boring. I doubt I'll watch the 2nd episode.

What I would like to know is how long it took to build the wall. They almost made it seem like they woke up one day and there it was, but I think it must have taken a long time to construct unless it's not really as solid as it looks.

dunbrine47

[3]Aug 10, 2009
    • level: 9

EJamison wrote:

I don't think I care about what happens so it seemed boring. I doubt I'll watch the 2nd episode.

What I would like to know is how long it took to build the wall. They almost made it seem like they woke up one day and there it was, but I think it must have taken a long time to construct unless it's not really as solid as it looks.

Oh what no barbed wire and armed guards?

They should have tottaly gone for the "East German" look.

agent_0042

[4]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 66
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's not as solid as it looks. I mean, it's probably more symbolic than anything. The people on there, they can talk about supposedly dreaming up ways to escape, but I'm sure it's down in the rules that if you get out, you're disqualified. And there are no doubt cameras everywhere.