Thief Forums

FX (ended 2006)

Official Discussion Thread: Episode 1-5 Flight (April 25th)

RoxieVelma

[1]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 60
    Please discuss this week's episode, Flight, here.
    Edited on 04/25/2006 5:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bobthebaker

[2]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 6

this series is really picking up as of last episode.  Can't believe they offed that cop so soon...what was even the point of developing his character if they're really just setting him up as a lead to Nick?  Didn't like his character so i'm glad he's gone regardless.

Also, was the old chinese boss guy suggesting the young chinese guy should kill vincent when he said "do what you have to"? 

I have a bad feeling this show isn't getting good ratings so i don't think it'll last past this season but it's a good ride so far

AG19

[3]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    Great episode as usual. It's a shame people are so against this show that they don't even want to give it a shot. Then again, the show was technically screwed when they only developed six episodes. They should've done six, and ended with a cliffhanger. Anyway, I'm a little confused on where the Tammy thing is going. Why got to her? And I completely missed how Gabo ended up being alive..

Akritt

[4]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 5

How do I say this and get it passed the word censors?

Ducking Amazing. Just futher ducking amazing.

First, Elmo didn't kill the truck kid even though it would have made things easier for the crew, it didn't even come up as a possibility: nice touch. They never cease to drive home that all these guys want is the money, but not at the cost of their ideals. They get in, they get the money, they get out. And they never leave their guns behind.

Vincent, you are going on the wall of Magnificent B*st*rds. You've earned it.

Anything else? Well, I'm kinda annoyed that the last episode this season (I don't care what you say; it's this season only, damn it!) will air on May 2 and the next of FX's big shows doesn't show up 'til May 30, but that's about it. And if this is the end of the ride, well it's been great and I for one will be paying the big bucks when "Thief" comes out on DVD. If only so I can watch Vincent kill that annoying kid again and again and again...

SunsprayHoney

[5]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 12
    I actually liked that kid, but it was obvious Vincent would kill him. Just a matter of when and how.

The detective getting shot kinda annoyed me, I didn't like him but I was expecting(like another poster said)he would meet Nick in the final episode.

Anyway, great way for Vinny to kill two birds with one stone( or one gun).

danharr

[6]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 45

I didn't expect them to get the money this episode and make it off the plane so I was really pleased at how things turned out. Finally annoying side-kick was killed to keep hitmans secret and the way the cop died was really weak imo and as others have said what was the point of his character in the first place. So glad Gabo made it and can't wait to see if the crew makes it or not.

JaCkKbAuEr2424

[7]Apr 29, 2006
    • level: 33
    Great episode, and as usual, they make the endings excellent. I never can tell when the episode is going to end, since I don't have a clock in my room right now, so when it ends, it's really surprising.

The whole daughter running away thing was a little weak for me, wasn't my favorite part, but the show is still awesome

AG19

[8]Apr 29, 2006
    • level: 9
    How did Gabo end up being alive? I thought Vincent killed him. I missed that minute where they explained that part.

GrandMasterLuis

[9]Apr 30, 2006
    • level: 1
    After he was shot by Vincent, and went and ducked behind the wall, he jumped through the glass and got away. Elmo thought he was dead because Gabo was calling him, when he noticed the asian kid, and tossed the phone and started shooting. Elmo thought Gabo had been killed at that point. After Vincent hit him, he knew Gabo got hit, so he assumed he'd be dead soon (probably didn't know where he'd hit him). So he picked up Gabo's phone, and called Nick (or Elmo, can't remember that part).

Even though Vincent thought he was dead, he wasn't. Gabo probably found a payphone and called Elmo, or maybe he was walking down the street in pain and Elmo noticed who it was and picked him up. They don't explain how Elmo found him, on the way to the guys, but it's pretty easy to see how he survived.

In TV world at least... a bullet to the kidney would normally not only hurt like hell, but require super immediate attention.

Which is why they're taking him to Riley's (whatever that dude's name is) house to get worked on... looks like Tuesday's gonna be pretty cool.

GenocidalSmashr

[10]Apr 30, 2006
    • level: 2

"Flight" was the first episode where stuff actually happened. I still cannot stand the daughter, she is a complete pain in the ass and I'll be mad if Nick blows the whole heist getaway to save her. I think the show would have been more interesting for me if each episode was about different jobs, or at least faster paced.

ydef

[11]May 3, 2006
    • level: 4
    What I'm not sure is whether Gabo survived the final episode.  It's not clear whether the guy that treated his wound purposely couldn't remove the bullet considering that he also turned out to be the SOB that held nick's daughter hostage.

At the end, with him in obvious pain after the the four split their seperate ways and with the shot of him in the car, did his eyes glaze over?  Did he die in that scene?

BrassMonkey

[12]May 3, 2006
    yea, that was the first clue that something was up with jack. If you watch again the bullet is sitting right on the surface of the wound, anybody could've removed it easily. Jack started stuffing the bullet into the wound deeper,

waterbender22

[13]Oct 12, 2006

I IaI don't understand why some people are so agaisnt Tammi.  I really like her and I can honestly relate to her.  And it might ahve a little something to do with the fact that Mae Whitman is one of my favorite actresses.  Or my favorite actress.  ANyway, Tammi ahs a lot to deal with.  Her father doesn't want her and her mother just died.  I would be angry and upset as well.  And then Nick jsut drops her off at a strangers house.  I would run away too!  She was scared.  Poor girl.  I would have been as well.  My mother doesn't deal iwth me and I know exactly wehre Tammi is coming from tehre.  I really feel for her.  I don't think she's a pain in the neck at all.  I realy like her.  And Tammi is the only reason I watch the show.  I know everyone ahs their own opinion, but say Tammi si a pain in teh butt is a little much.  She has a right to be upset and lash out.  Tammi just needs someone to love her.