Thief Forums

FX (ended 2006)

Official Episode Discussion: No Direction Home (Episode 4/April 19th)

danharr

[1]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 45
    Please discuss this week's episode here.
    Edited on 04/20/2006 8:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AG19

[2]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    Did anyone else just get a grin on their face after that Chinese Mob Guy-Nick sequence? You know the one where the hitman (Excuse my complete lack of knowing their names as this is only the second 'Thief' episode I've watched)comes in with his annoying sidekick and everyone is just about ready to blow each others heads off? Nick and the hitman were just so smooth in that scene. That one sequence won me over. I'm now seriously regretting missing the first two episodes, and considering this show is only on for six episodes I doubt they'll even replay them. Er...

danharr

[3]Apr 19, 2006
    Nice build-up to the end of the mini-series and watching the team fall apart is very entertaining. I didn't expect the chinese mob to find Nick so soon and the fact that one of them is being hit hard about his Parkinsons. Well lets just say I hope jerk side kick gets shot before the end of the series. Brat girl is still causing trouble left and right wonder what how Nick is going to keep her from going to the police while he's off robbing a plane. Clifton Jr's character is under the gun from cops and his own personal guilt. Ah maybey they'll extend the series new episodes in the summer or something.

AG19

[4]Apr 19, 2006
    I don't really see how they could. After getting 40 million, why would you need more jobs? If I were them, I'd make the series finale a cliffhanger, and hope the public pressures the execs into extending the series.

JaCkKbAuEr2424

[5]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 33
    AG19 wrote:
    I don't really see how they could. After getting 40 million, why would you need more jobs? If I were them, I'd make the series finale a cliffhanger, and hope the public pressures the execs into extending the series.

Yeah, they should finish the whole plot about the heist, but make something shocking happen, and then they could continue the show with a full 13 episode season.. because this show is really good, and shouldn't just get 6 episodes.

Boy, they really set everything up for the next two episodes.. And like everyone else, that whole Nick/Hitman scene was awesome. They were just staring each other down, waiting for one to start shooting

SuperiorKart

[6]Apr 20, 2006
    • level: 12
    JaCkKbAuEr2424 wrote:
    AG19 wrote:

Yeah, they should finish the whole plot about the heist, but make something shocking happen, and then they could continue the show with a full 13 episode season.. because this show is really good, and shouldn't just get 6 episodes.

Boy, they really set everything up for the next two episodes.. And like everyone else, that whole Nick/Hitman scene was awesome. They were just staring each other down, waiting for one to start shooting

It should be more episodes! It's great to watch.

danharr

[7]Apr 20, 2006
    AG19 wrote:

I for one have heard tv gangsters say a million times that you never quit so I see no reason why these guys can't operate like any other show. Everyweek or season a new heist as long as it's done right such questions wouldn't matter.

Weston220

[8]Apr 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    on FX's flagship "The Shield" those dudes made off with a lot of cash.

Just because you HAVE the cash doesn't mean all your problems end.

AG19

[9]Apr 26, 2006
    The season following the money train robbery, they were running from the Arminian Mob. This time around, they're already running from the Chinese Mob from the start of the series. To top it off, they robbed the US Govt which has a few more resources to find them and take them to jail than than any other criminal orginization would.

waterbender22

[10]Oct 12, 2006
    • level: 1

Okay.  i caa't believe nobody posted anythign about my favorite character and the only reason I watch this show.  Mae Whitman's performance was awesome!  I can't believe nobody commented on it!  Mae Whitman is amazing and I gave her a  ten for her performance in No Direction Home.  I don't have much to say about Nick, except he better get his act together.  Because if he doesn't, he's going to wind up losing the only chance he has to be a good father to Tammi.  Tammi needs someone.  I mean she just lost her mother and her dad doesn't want her.  She needs someone to love her and really give her a chance.  Mae does such a great job and I really like and can relate to her character.  If Mae wasn't in the show, I wouldn't watch it at all.  But I really feel for Tammi.  I also thought it was sweet how Nick comforted Tammi at the end of her outburst.  Anyone else have any comments about Tammi's breakdown?