Thief

In the Wind

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM May 02, 2006 on FX

• This was the season and possibly the series finale of Thief. While it wasn\'t one of the best final epsiodes it certainly wasn\'t something to scoff at either.

This was Thief\'s final episode of its first season and I don\'t think it dissapointed. Think of Thief as you would think of HBO\'s, \"The Wire.\" If this was the first and only episode you saw, you probably don\'t have a high opinion of the show but if you watch it regularly, like \"The Wire,\" Thief built on their story line and wasn\'t too over the top leaving you just curious enough to see what was going to happen.

That was my attitude when sitting down to watch the show. The guys had an ingenius plan that seemed like nothing could go wrong w/ it but as each episode passed by, the plan didn\'t seem as bulletproof as it once appeared. In episode 5 they executed the plan to some degree of success and in this episode you find out the aftermath (I am trying not to give any spoilers, so I apoligize for being a bit vague).

What happened to the team was a bit predictable but not so predictable. I mean, the situation they were in, only a few outcomes were possible (i.e. they would get caught or they would dissapear into the wind). Also, you learn a little more about each character and how much the money really means to each of them and also why Broward is the leader of the crew and Yoba is not (if you watch the episode you will understand what I am saying).

Overall, I am pleased w/ the show. It wasn\'t the best season finale but remember this is a midseason replacement show and it had a solid, above average finale for a show of its kind. You will enjoy the show and just in case this is the finale, things do wrap up, but if its not the finale, the writers do leave space open for future storylines to develop and current ones to build upon.