Thief

In the Wind

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM May 02, 2006 on FX

• An ending but sadly no follow up :(

I heard about this show back in 2006 and finally found it on Hulu and watched it all in about a day. I was iffy at first in the first two or so episodes but once the heist was underway on the plane and Gabo got shot and Nick's plan unfolding it was all like a everything was coming together, even the somewhat muddled Tam storyline. In the end I was happy Nick traded his share of the cut to the old man for Tam's safety and is sending her to that school and will send for her if she doesn't like it. The things that I didn't like at all were Elmo getting pinched, the guy that has 5 kids has to get, why not someone else? Also after a few episodes the Chinese storyline lots its flare completely until the Parkinson's hitman killed his beloved uncle it all felt so pointless. But hey nothing drags the series down more than Shrimp Boy. Anyway Andre Braugher more than makes up for the few faults that this show has plot wise. Also, the cop character just seemed to be eager to be rid of which is kind of a waste of a good character. I wish this series had had a more satisfying ending or just another season it really did have potential, but kudos for casting James Remar as the federal agent in charge of tracking them.