Third Watch Forums

NBC (ended 2005)

It became stupid at the end

rossfan130

[1]Feb 26, 2006
    • level: 3
    At the end it became stupid...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BatmanNYC

[2]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 4
    I see why nobody didn't post anything on here, that was a stupid comment you made. no the show didn't become stupid at the end, it finished great!! If they wanna do a reunion on this show, it would work. Just because of how it ended.

SupermanNYC

[3]May 10, 2006
    • level: 45
    that sound like something I would say.

MercyDarkrose

[4]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    No the first guy was right.  The show did get stupid at the end.  The prodcers ruined the show, tried to dig themselves out, and got screwed.  I am glad they ended it when they did, one more season woulda completely destroyed the show.

ThirdWatchLover

[5]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    MercyDarkrose wrote:
    No the first guy was right. The show did get stupid at the end. The prodcers ruined the show, tried to dig themselves out, and got screwed. I am glad they ended it when they did, one more season woulda completely destroyed the show.
    hmm, you think so,

MercyDarkrose

[6]Jul 4, 2006
    Yeah I think so.  Look at the first 3 Seasons vs.. the last 2.  It started to get bad.  I know alot of people who watch this show that ALL agree that Season 6 was the worst season ever.

SupermanNYC

[7]Jul 4, 2006
    MercyDarkrose wrote:
    Yeah I think so. Look at the first 3 Seasons vs.. the last 2. It started to get bad. I know alot of people who watch this show that ALL agree that Season 6 was the worst season ever.
    I didn't care too much for that season myself.

gillius28

[8]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 3
    I actually thought the last 2 seasons were the best. In the first few seasons it was just answering calls in squad cars. Later on it became more in depth by characters moving on to anti crime and detective, and really getting into the crimes instead of just chasing and catching the criminals.

MBlaque

[9]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 5
    Would anyone happen to know where i can find a good recap of Third Watch episode season 5 ep.11 "A Call For Help".

MercyDarkrose

[10]Jul 19, 2006

gillius28 wrote:
    I actually thought the last 2 seasons were the best. In the first few seasons it was just answering calls in squad cars. Later on it became more in depth by characters moving on to anti crime and detective, and really getting into the crimes instead of just chasing and catching the criminals.

That was the original point of the show.  Showing how the firefighters, medics, and cops deal with situations involved in their jobs.  The first season was mostly about Faith's personal life, as well as Jimmy's (BORING).  The last season was all about Faith too, which ruined it, because they didn't backtrack and look at the original plot for the show, and went off, doing stupid things... LIKE...

Faith would NEVER have kept her promotion after admitting (even with a signed agreement) that she committed murder, escpecially of a handcuffed criminal! 

Sasha's IAB plotline and like 4 episodes of Sully getting over his Davis' father, Finney take-down, was kinda pathetic, but the connection that little Finney and Davis Jr made them a good team. 

Everything was obviously meant to go on for more than one season, and the fact they ahd to pull everyone back together in the last 2 episodes (because it was cancelled because of bad ratings because Bosco was missing more than half of the season) was half-azzed! 

Season 6 was the worst season, right in front of Season 1.  Season 2 3 and 5 were they best.

SupermanNYC

[11]Jul 20, 2006

MBlaque wrote:
    Would anyone happen to know where i can find a good recap of Third Watch episode season 5 ep.11 "A Call For Help".
    This episode (#99) airred on the 19th of July, at 4 am . You just missed it. It also airred last friday on the 14th of July at 9am.
    Edited on 07/20/2006 6:26am
    Edited 2 total times.

meganward04

[12]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    I really didnt watch the WHOLE season. I started watching when Faith and Bas found that body in the shed. I was hooked after that.
    I throught the ending was a great but kinda cheesey way to end it. If you notice that the way alot of show end things. by blowing it up or making a dream out of it. I also think they ended it knowing and wanting everyone else to know that there was NO way that it could be back. I mean they changed the station, they told us were everyone else was going and doing. It was nice. I cried.
    megan

MsJimmyBrooks

[13]Jul 29, 2006
    • level: 8

BatmanNYC wrote:
    I see why nobody didn't post anything on here, that was a stupid comment you made. no the show didn't become stupid at the end, it finished great!! If they wanna do a reunion on this show, it would work. Just because of how it ended.

The last 2 seasons were my favorite. They had the best storyline

malfana

[14]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    "it became stupid at the end"

It's kinda harsh.
    For truly devoted fan of TW (I am), the end is really disapointing. The whole last season was way too different. New characters who somehow became more important than the original cast, some characters became different. I didn't recognize the show I loved for 5 years.
    I still hope for a reunion. I wanna a make-up for this screwed-up end !

SupermanNYC

[15]Aug 1, 2006

malfana wrote:

It's kinda harsh.
    For truly devoted fan of TW (I am), the end is really disapointing. The whole last season was way too different. New characters who somehow became more important than the original cast, some characters became different. I didn't recognize the show I loved for 5 years.

I agree with you there, I didn't like how they added the new characters and how they focus more on some of them.

ThirdWatchLover

[16]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    malfana wrote:

It's kinda harsh.

I agree with you there, I didn't like how they added the new characters and how they focus more on some of them.
    I agree as well

swat_tw124

[17]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    MercyDarkrose wrote:

gillius28 wrote:

That was the original point of the show.  Showing how the firefighters, medics, and cops deal with situations involved in their jobs.  The first season was mostly about Faith's personal life, as well as Jimmy's (BORING).  The last season was all about Faith too, which ruined it, because they didn't backtrack and look at the original plot for the show, and went off, doing stupid things... LIKE...

Faith would NEVER have kept her promotion after admitting (even with a signed agreement) that she committed murder, escpecially of a handcuffed criminal! 

Sasha's IAB plotline and like 4 episodes of Sully getting over his Davis' father, Finney take-down, was kinda pathetic, but the connection that little Finney and Davis Jr made them a good team. 

Everything was obviously meant to go on for more than one season, and the fact they ahd to pull everyone back together in the last 2 episodes (because it was cancelled because of bad ratings because Bosco was missing more than half of the season) was half-azzed! 

Season 6 was the worst season, right in front of Season 1.  Season 2 3 and 5 were they best.

I will agree that Third Watch was meant to be more of an Action then a Drama, and, The last few seasons almost made it a Soap Opera. The whole Faith thing was gayer then hell, you never saw Bosco being Bosco and they started to be like ER, losing all of it's origianl cast memebers.

The show I don't think should have been canceled, but I can see why it was.

Now if they were to start a whole new show about Ty and Finny in there Anti-Crime unit then add Bosco in as ESU and just let Sully come in one or two parts, then you got your-self a great new show, does anyone agree with that?

SupermanNYC

[18]Sep 3, 2006
    swat_tw124 wrote:
    MercyDarkrose wrote:

gillius28 wrote:

That was the original point of the show. Showing how the firefighters, medics, and cops deal with situations involved in their jobs. The first season was mostly about Faith's personal life, as well as Jimmy's (BORING). The last season was all about Faith too, which ruined it, because they didn't backtrack and look at the original plot for the show, and went off, doing stupid things... LIKE...

Season 6 was the worst season, right in front of Season 1. Season 2 3 and 5 were they best.

I will agree that Third Watch was meant to be more of an Action then a Drama, and, The last few seasons almost made it a Soap Opera. The whole Faith thing was gayer then hell, you never saw Bosco being Bosco and they started to be like ER, losing all of it's origianl cast memebers.

The show I don't think should have been canceled, but I can see why it was.

Now if they were to start a whole new show about Ty and Finny in there Anti-Crime unit then add Bosco in as ESU and just let Sully come in one or two parts, then you got your-self a great new show, does anyone agree with that?
    I never thought of it that way and yes I can agree with that thought too. I like it.

insinity

[19]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 40
    MercyDarkrose wrote:
    Yeah I think so. Look at the first 3 Seasons vs.. the last 2. It started to get bad. I know alot of people who watch this show that ALL agree that Season 6 was the worst season ever.

I think 5th season is a lot worse. 6th season had a lot ot good plots going on.

SupermanNYC

[20]Jan 17, 2007
    insinity wrote:
    MercyDarkrose wrote:

I think 5th season is a lot worse. 6th season had a lot ot good plots going on.
    I agree, I loved season 6 a lot.