Third Watch Forums

NBC (ended 2005)

third watch almost made me move to new york ???

trianglepark

[1]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 1
    third watch was so good it almost made me move to new york ??? i know no body there and i dislike the expensive living of the new york environment. i hate shows that are so good sometimes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SupermanNYC

[2]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 45
    trianglepark wrote:
    third watch was so good it almost made me move to new york ??? i know no body there and i dislike the expensive living of the new york environment. i hate shows that are so good sometimes.
    It's not a bad place to live. You just gotta get use to it. I even checked out some of the locations they have filmed at before.

trianglepark

[3]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 1

?what is some of the location? is there an angel of mercy hospital? how about 55th pricinct on king & author?

lillyland

[4]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    trianglepark wrote:

?what is some of the location? is there an angel of mercy hospital? how about 55th pricinct on king & author?

I've never heard of any Angel of Mercy Hospital here and there's definitely no 55th precinct on King and Arthur. This was made up for dramatic purposes. I'm pretty sure precincts are not allowed to use identical double digits - if they were at one point they aren't anymore. And there are definitely no intersecting streets called King and Arthur but I love the idea behind it. The streets King and Arthur was the whole reason the stationhouse was called "Camelot". However, I do recall them shooting in various parts of the city when the show was on air.

That's one thing about NY, with all of the procedurals out there, especially the Law & Order series - they are almost always shooting around the corner from where I work. There are always trailors lining the streets with the Kraft food tables outside. Maybe moving to NY isn't such a bad idea, you'll definitely see tons of that kind of stuff.

Edited on 10/03/2008 12:27pm

SupermanNYC

[5]Apr 12, 2009
    There's no 55prt. and the location of the percent is in Long Island City Queens. The Hospital was filmed on Roosevelt Island, which is also in Queens. If you notice in some of the scenes where they are right out side of the hospital, and standing by the river, well if you notice they are looking at the city from that the Queens side. Now if the hospital is in the city, how can they be looking at the city from the city. Anyone that lives here in NYC knows that. One more thing, that hospital that they did the filming of all the scenes from, I have visited it before.

SupermanNYC

[6]Apr 12, 2009
    Yes they can use identical double digits, we have a 77th and 88th PCT right here in Brooklyn. The 88th PCT is in the Fort Green section of Brooklyn and the 77th PCT is in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn.