Third Watch Forums

NBC (ended 2005)

Which episode is your favorite

HeatherLeigh7

[61]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 2

Episodes "Last Call" and "Goodbye to Camelot" are my absolute favourite.

Runners-up are"September Tenth", "The Price of Nobility", and "No More, Forever"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SupermanNYC

[62]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 45
    Welcome to the forum.

arkhyel

[63]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 37
    I'm gonna say "After Hours". It just cannot be compared to any another episode. Episodes that are definetly worth to mention are: Exposing Faith, September Tenth, Blackout, Monsters & The Other L Word. At this time two last episodes are not yet aired in Finland so I don't know anything about them (but I'm expecting that last episode will be remarkable).
    Edited on 09/01/2007 2:18pm

thepopsicle

[64]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    The best ones were definately the Sept 11th ones (the first 2 of S3)

OTH_TW_lover

[65]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 23

thepopsicle wrote:
    The best ones were definately the Sept 11th ones (the first 2 of S3)

Are you talking about September 10th and After Time or are you considering In Their Own Words as the first episode of season 3.

Mlebaron

[66]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 11

Okay, so this thread is sort of old, but I just finished watching the series finale of Third Watch and figured that I could finally chime in with some of my thoughts.

In general, I liked the earlier seasons better than the later ones. 1 and 2 were top notch, and the rest gradually declined in quality. I don't mean to say they were bad, I just think that the show had a general trend. Anyway, I don't want to get into an analysis of the series as a whole, so here are my favorite episodes:

After Hours. Hands down the best episode of Third Watch. It wasn't a typical episode and it ended in kind of a cheesy way and was sort of gimmicky, but I don't think any other episode kept me so enthralled.

Crash and Burn: I liked how the episode focused on Jimmy and gave time to every one of the people involved in the accident on the bridge. I think the episode was very well structured.

Superheroes 1 & 2: The whole Russian mob angle and the shootout at the restaurant were great. The investigation into who shot who was pretty good stuff too. Some emotional moments with Gusler.

September 10th: I think Third Watch handled the events of 9/11 really well and this episode is a testament to that. I especially liked the scene with Bosco hearing the sound of the plane crashing.

A Call for Help: The storyline of this episode wasn't really anything new or special, but the gimmick with how it was shot puts this episode on the list. In a so-so season 5, this episode tried something new and tested the actors and the crew. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should watch the episode again, you might appreciate it more.

Honorable mentions: Young Men and Fire, Four Days, Requiem for a Bantamweight, Exposing Faith, True Love

OTH_TW_lover

[67]Mar 7, 2008
    Mlebaron wrote:

Okay, so this thread is sort of old, but I just finished watching the series finale of Third Watch and figured that I could finally chime in with some of my thoughts.

In general, I liked the earlier seasons better than the later ones. 1 and 2 were top notch, and the rest gradually declined in quality. I don't mean to say they were bad, I just think that the show had a general trend. Anyway, I don't want to get into an analysis of the series as a whole, so here are my favorite episodes:

After Hours. Hands down the best episode of Third Watch. It wasn't a typical episode and it ended in kind of a cheesy way and was sort of gimmicky, but I don't think any other episode kept me so enthralled.

Crash and Burn: I liked how the episode focused on Jimmy and gave time to every one of the people involved in the accident on the bridge. I think the episode was very well structured.

Superheroes 1 & 2: The whole Russian mob angle and the shootout at the restaurant were great. The investigation into who shot who was pretty good stuff too. Some emotional moments with Gusler.

September 10th: I think Third Watch handled the events of 9/11 really well and this episode is a testament to that. I especially liked the scene with Bosco hearing the sound of the plane crashing.

A Call for Help: The storyline of this episode wasn't really anything new or special, but the gimmick with how it was shot puts this episode on the list. In a so-so season 5, this episode tried something new and tested the actors and the crew. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should watch the episode again, you might appreciate it more.

Honorable mentions: Young Men and Fire, Four Days, Requiem for a Bantamweight, Exposing Faith, True Love

I agree with you on alot of those. I loved Third Watch but have to agree that each season kind of took a step down. I think my problem was that the later season seemed to focus only on the police and specifically anti-crime. I liked when all the cops were just regular patrol car cops with the occasional guest appearance from one of the specialized squads. After Hours was my favorite episode and I love Crash and Burn. Young Men and Fire and Requiem for a Bantamweight (although I like Unfinished Business better) would be on my honorable mention list also.

SupermanNYC

[68]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 45
    OTH_TW_lover wrote:
    Mlebaron wrote:

I agree with you on alot of those. I loved Third Watch but have to agree that each season kind of took a step down. I think my problem was that the later season seemed to focus only on the police and specifically anti-crime. I liked when all the cops were just regular patrol car cops with the occasional guest appearance from one of the specialized squads. After Hours was my favorite episode and I love Crash and Burn. Young Men and Fire and Requiem for a Bantamweight (although I like Unfinished Business better) would be on my honorable mention list also.

So You like more episoes that involved the FDNY!

mimSs

[69]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    I loved all episodes I can't think of any that I didn't like TW is just the BEST ! =]

Mlebaron

[70]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 11
    We seriously need to get the rest of the seasons on DVD. I'd even settle for a complete series set that makes me buy season 1 all over again because I love this show so much. That I could re-watch everything and be more certain of which episodes were great. I think watching a show in marathon style can separated the wheat from the chaff.

OTH_TW_lover

[71]Sep 27, 2008
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    So You like more episoes that involved the FDNY!
    Yeah i definitly prefered the episodes that involved the FDNY. I liked when their was a mix between the two. Thats one of the reasons I like After Hours so much because we really got to see the interaction between the characters from FDNY and NYPD.
    Mlebaron wrote:
    We seriously need to get the rest of the seasons on DVD. I'd even settle for a complete series set that makes me buy season 1 all over again because I love this show so much. That I could re-watch everything and be more certain of which episodes were great. I think watching a show in marathon style can separated the wheat from the chaff.
    Yeah I would also be willing to buy a complete series set. Normally I dont buy those if I already have at least one season seperate but in this case it would be worth it. I might have to give up driving for a few weeks to afford it but I would definitly buy it.