Third Watch Forums

NBC (ended 2005)

wow the 1st episoder are SO DIFF from later ones....

lilkunta

[1]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 6

So I'm seeeing the 1st season of 3W 4 the 1st time. So many differences!

-There is a focus on the paramedics and firefighters.

-There is no Cruz.

-Sully is thinner

-Sully has longer front hair.

-Ty Davis has hair! He fresh outta police school. I didnt know this.

-Yokas has BROWN hair! Y on y did they make her go blonde? Not every1 has to be blonde! We love brown haired ladies! Molly Price looks thinner also.

-Carlos has short hair.

-Carlos says he is in med school in day, paramedica @ night....highly unlikely. When does he study? Its alot of studying. I think a couple of paramedic shifts per week would be more believable.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OTH_TW_lover

[2]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 23
    lilkunta wrote:

-There is no Cruz.

-Sully is thinner

-Yokas has BROWN hair! Y on y did they make her go blonde? Not every1 has to be blonde! We love brown haired ladies! Molly Price looks thinner also.

-Carlos has short hair.

-Carlos says he is in med school in day, paramedica @ night....highly unlikely. When does he study? Its alot of studying. I think a couple of paramedic shifts per week would be more believable.

-This show started out focusing on the medics, firefighters and police. I wish they had kept it this way.

-Cruz wasnt on the show till season 4.

-Carlos was in med school during the day. They will actually show him at cla$s a few time and they will sometimes show him studying on the ambulance.

SupermanNYC

[3]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 45
    OTH_TW_lover wrote:
    lilkunta wrote:

-There is no Cruz.

-Sully is thinner

-Carlos has short hair.

-This show started out focusing on the medics, firefighters and police. I wish they had kept it this way.

-Cruz wasnt on the show till season 4.

-Carlos was in med school during the day. They will actually show him at cla$s a few time and they will sometimes show him studying on the ambulance.

I'm one of the few who liked it more when it involves the NYPD! I admit that it did changed over the seasons.

lillyland

[4]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yeah, there is a HUGE difference between the first season and the last few. Personally, I loved the first season the best. I have to say, my favorite part of the evolution of Third Watch was watching Sully and Ty's relationship evolve and in particular Ty becoming a better cop. Watching him go from following in his dad's footsteps, to coming into his own as a cop and finally choosing to stay with the police dep't instead of going to law school was fantastic. I don't know if anyone remembers the last epi of S1 (I think it was the last ep) when Sully finally lets him drive and take the lead ~ you really get to see how much he's developed as a cop, partner and friend. I think in the later seasons they kind of went too far into their personal lives because the show wasn't as much about the jobs anymore. And as someone else already stated, Cruz wasn't in the first seasons, thank goodness. (just my humble opinion)

trianglepark

[5]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 1
    the first five seasons were the best. it shows the relationship of the characters. but after doc went to prison.. the show was going downhill. but i guess it's still have what it takes to pull out a sucessful finale and final season.

OTH_TW_lover

[6]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 23
    Yeah I agree that the shows focus in the end was to much on the personal lifes of the characters. Yes some of that was interesting and explained alot about who they were as a person but i think they went to far into it and stopped really focusing on the job which is what the show was suppose to be about. I still loved the show from episode 1 all the way till the end even if the focus shifted I just prefered the earlier episodes when we saw all three divisions and only bits and pieces of everyones personal lifes.