thirtysomething Forums

ABC (ended 1991)

Favorite episode and/or character

sllimeeda

[1]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 8

My favorite character was Melissa, she was a bit screwed up but I could relate to her on so many different levels.  I think my favorite espisode was when Lee & Melissa broke up.

While watching my videos of this show the other day I realized something amazing, I am now 30something.  I was 19 when I used to watch the show on Lifetime, but now I am one of them!  Yikes!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anne54

[2]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    This has just starting repeating in the UK. I only remember watching the last couple of years. I can't remember too much about it, but I will watch the repeats and enjoy. I was about 16 when this first came on and I might appreciate it more in my 30's.

downthedip

[3]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 8

My favorite character was Melissa as well... I think my favorite episodes were the Joseph Dougherty ones.   "Michael Writes A Story", in particular.

CMSquirre1

[4]May 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    My favorite character would have to be Nancy.  She started out similar to how I have seen women after 12 years of marriage...worn out, frustrated and needing something more from her husband.  One of my favorite episodes "Courting Nancy" The two men trying to out due the other?  Great.

sadp28

[5]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    I was in my late 20's when thirtysomething started and I just loved the show. Alot of stuff I could relate to and some tearjerking moments. Like the ones when Nancy has cancer and especially the one when Gary dies. I wish they would show reruns I would definitely watch it again!!