This Just In

Spike TV (ended 2004)

This Just In Fan Reviews (5)

• Uber-Conservative blogger in uber-liberal California.

I loved this show. I can still remember several jokes from episodes and I haven't seen it in years. It is a great show if you are somewhat political and somewhat right leaning. I'm a right wing conservative and I loved this show! Great job of even mocking our side of the political aisle. Two of the jokes still make me laugh my butt off when I think of them.

In one episode Ted Kennedy lands in the guys bar. Newport goes and gives a speech somewhere and is driving back across the Golden Gate when Ted wakes up drunkenly in the back seat. Newport says "Ted Kennedy. Car. Bridge. Water. Oh ****.." The car then flips off the bridge and starts sinking. It lands upside down at the bottom. You hear Ted say "You were a lot prettier the last time this happened.

The other is from the Vegas episode. Newport is driving the gang and they are listening to Sean Hannity. One of guys says "Do we have to listen to Hannity?" Newport says "Sure let's see what Rush is up to. He changes the station in mid sentence from Hannity to Rush who is completing the exact same sentence. They get a weird look on their faces and go back and forth. It is the same speech. Newport just says "Huh. You know I always suspected this."

That is funny. I love Hannity and Rush and I laughed at this joke. That is funny.

Overall a great show that wasn't given a real chance.