Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends Forums

Weekdays 3:30 PM on ITVIn Season

Characters that you want back in the series

duckfan8

[1]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 34

Okay, in this thread, post who you want to come back into the series. Heres my thoughts. Which characters would you like back in the series and why?

Duck: He should return. He was #8 on the island and was a great character. He would do a better job than Emily.

Oliver: He played some great roles before he was removed from the series. I think he should come back with a good role with Duck.

BoCo: He was taken out of the series too early. He was a "Big brother" character to Bill & Ben. I think he deserves to come back into the series. He was also one of those "Big Diesels" which we don`t see anymore and it would be exciting to see him again.

Duke: Duke should come back as the "Leader" character for the Narrow Guage engines since he only played a role in Season 4.

Edited on 11/19/2007 1:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tai_will

[2]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 12

I would obviously agree with that statement. Engines that I want back in the series:

Duck appeared in the RWS and is popular among Thomas and Friends fans.

Oliver and Toad because they are the Great Western engines and Duck as well.

Stepney is a visitor that appeared with the Narrow Gauge Engines and comes once in a lifetime.

Boco is an example of a "Big Brother" just like Duckfan8 said to Bill and Ben and a dieselthat is nice. (Mavis is all right, but Boco is better, No offense Mavis).

Duke is the last Narrow Gauge Engines to not appear. HIT, if you make Duke, at least make him look like Season 4 material. He should appear with Sir Handel and Peter Sam again, reunited.

Terence, a character that has been dropped from Season 7. He should've had the same opportunity like the Season 1 characters to appear in all of the seasons.

Old Slow Coach should have main roles alongsideengines like Oliver, Duck, and/or Toad since she was made in the GWR.

Fergus, a one of a kind engine that has been dropped to early from Season 7and islike Trevor with same characteristics. He should at least appear with the same extent like Emily (obviously), Murdoch, Spencer, and Arthur.

duckfan8

[4]Nov 19, 2007
    Fergus: He was only in 3 eps. I think he needs more time to shine.

tai_will

[5]Nov 19, 2007
    RaytheChameleon wrote:

Arthur: Very Underrated, and one of my favs.

Duke: He's never seen anymore.

Murdoch: Big, Strong and Shy, i don't see him anymore.

Technically he hasn't appeared with speaking roles, but made a cameo appearance along with Neville in Emily's Rubbish.

RRJS3

[6]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 27

Considering the fact that everything from the eighth season onwards is pretty much a seperate entity from all previous seasons, I would not really be concerned about bringing a lot of the older characters like Duck or Oliverback. Yes, they are my favorite characters, but I would much rather remember their previous greatness than see their personalities get switched around and exaggerated like most of the main characters. If Hit wants to change the show around, that's fine. But don't bring back old characters just for the opportunity to mold them into whatever they feel they need.

What I would like to see is newer characters such as Fergus and Dennis with further roles, considering that they are the ones who represent the new generation of the show. As long as the show can feature more widespread use of the characters thatHit have introduced themselves, the show should improve to some degreeover time.

jamesfan5

[7]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 8

Well I would agree,we need back the Awdry characters,or at least make referencing to them like

Derek/Bear:Both had problems with pulling trains

Freddie.Stanley:Based off the same locomtive

or story referencing like the Faulty Whistles/Mike's Whistle comparison

SLJCOAAATR2

[8]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    EVERYONE!!!Really,that'd be awesome!

dmorl1

[9]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 16
    I want Derek back the most, he could be like BoCo only with Arry and Bert

SLJCOAAATR2

[10]Nov 24, 2007
    Well,actually i think Hit HAD plans to bring back Derek after CAE for S.10.They just wanted to see fans reactions to his cameo.Apparently,it wasn't good enough for them to even bother again...

pyroguy9

[11]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 14

Bulgy: in all the cameos he's had since Bulgy Rides Again, he's been in his original form. A story that would be good would be like rabbits come and eat his vegetables.

Daisy: Appearingin CAE she might as well be brought back, I think many fans got their hopes up about seeing her in a HiT made story, I know I did.

Horrid Lorries: I mean iykimbahd! One episode and thats it eh? This pretty much explains itself!

Bulstrode: I mean iykimbahd! One episode and thats it eh? This pretty much explains itself!

Diesel 10: Appeared in both movies and several song appearances.I'd like to see himin a Brosnan narrated episode for no particular reason

Splatter and Dodge: What happened to them? Where'd they go? When's their return gonna be?

Jameslover555

[12]Nov 24, 2007
    Dude, Splodge isn't coming back. They vanished halfway through the movie. I would like to see Duck and Oliver back, but HIT would just warp them, like he said. The first Emily was fine, but now she's like Mavis was. Ick. And HiT won't bring back the Little Western for the simple reason that they want to be politically correct. Remember 'Arry and Bert from Stepney Gets Lost? Now they don't even threaten, much less mention scrapping except in a "What if" instead of a "We are" context.

SLJCOAAATR2

[13]Nov 24, 2007
    pyroguy9 wrote:

Bulgy: in all the cameos he's had since Bulgy Rides Again, he's been in his original form. A story that would be good would be like rabbits come and eat his vegetables.

Daisy: Appearingin CAE she might as well be brought back, I think many fans got their hopes up about seeing her in a HiT made story, I know I did.

Horrid Lorries: I mean iykimbahd! One episode and thats it eh? This pretty much explains itself!

Bulstrode: I mean iykimbahd! One episode and thats it eh? This pretty much explains itself!

Diesel 10: Appeared in both movies and several song appearances.I'd like to see himin a Brosnan narrated episode for no particular reason

Splatter and Dodge: What happened to them? Where'd they go? When's their return gonna be?

Duck and Oliver will be in season 12,Splodge is now the Iron twins. And the others probably won't return...The lorries are currently faceless...AHHHHH!

tai_will

[14]Nov 24, 2007
    I also want Derek and Dennis to return into the series.

TTlover

[15]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 20
    I want Derek back too! Great potential but then he was wasted

SLJCOAAATR2

[16]Nov 25, 2007
    tai_will wrote:
    I also want Derek and Dennis to return into the series.
    I have a bad a feeling we'll never see them again...

duckfan8

[17]Nov 25, 2007
    I doubt they will be back.

TotallyTyler01

[18]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 9
    I've got a feeling that perhaps Boco, Daisy, and Dereck will sometime make it back on TV. I am REALLY hoping so... but i hope that Duck, Oliver, Donald, Douglas, and maybe Fergus will be mentioned in one of the upcomming seasons.

Jameslover555

[20]Nov 26, 2007

I don't know. I'm kind of a stick-in-the-mud here...bring back the original flywheel wonder. Derek I thought may have at least had his name mentioned, he needs another episode...