Three Moons Over Milford

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Aug 06, 2006 on ABC Family

7.7
  • After an asteroid strike splits the moon into 3 pieces, the world seems to be dealing with impending doom rather calmly, even comically, all things considered. Failed spells, love affairs, zen journeys to discover oneself: many plots/subplots appear.
    7.8
    I was attracted to this series because I like end-of-the-world scenarios anyway, and one which seemed to deal with it in a serio-comic way appealed to me.

Being of a non-traditional religion myself, I also found the daughter's Wiccan spellwork funny especially when the mom insisted "We're Methodist!"

Not sure where the subplot involving the female math genius and the son is going, but it wasn't totally out of the realm of believability.

The husband? What a jerk. I hope Elizabeth McGovern's character divorces him posthaste and gets involved with the hunky lawyer before his ex-high school crush gets her claws into him again.

All told, this pilot was a little slow but considering the amount of exposition which needed to get out of the way, it wasn't too bad. I have high hopes for this series.