Three Moons Over Milford

ABC Family (ended 2006)

Three Moons Over Milford Fan Reviews (22)

• “Three Moons Over Milford” does not match up to it’s competitor “Kyle XY”, but it is still a decent drama that is worth a look if you are looking for a quirky show somewhat along the lines of “Gilmore Girls”.

5.8
    I managed to catch the Pilot of “Three Moons Over Milford” on Itunes. ABC Family is not known for making hits. It surprised me with the breakout hit “Kyle XY”. “Kyle XY” was the first actually entertaining hit ABC Family has made. Seeing “Kyle XY” gave me new hope for the network, and for “Three Moons Over Milford”. When I first saw the previews for “Three Moons Over Milford”, I thought it looked cheesy. I was wondering if it could compare to “Kyle XY”. Then, like “Kyle XY” “Three Moons Over Milford” premiered on Itunes. The pilot for the show was interesting, and made me wonder how the series would develop in the future. It started off far-out and strange but it got better and more interesting as it rolled along. It was somewhat slow and boring at times, but at others it was fun. The storyline is cheesy, but they do it in a comic way that makes it fun to see. The series reminded me of “Gilmore Girls” in the way that it mixes comedy with drama and serious issues. The acting in the Pilot was mediocre from the main characters. Elizabeth McGovern who plays Laura Davis in the series, reminded me of Lauren Graham from “Gilmore Girls” in the way she performs her comedic roles. The Pilot for this series does get boring, but it also makes you want to tune in for further episodes. I am very interested to see where this goes with its further episodes. ABC Family is on the right track with its new series’ and this delivers potential for a future hit. The Pilot is promising, but can also get slow-moving and boring. You will get more and more interested and hooked as it moves along. To sum up this review, “Three Moons Over Milford” does not match up by far to it’s competitor “Kyle XY”, but it is still a decent drama that is worth a look if you are looking for a quirky show somewhat along the lines of “Gilmore Girls”.