Three Rivers

Code Green

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 2009 on CBS

• A football teams bus crashes and the victims are sent to Three Rivers. We see all of the doctors rally to help the wounded and they are not always successful. A man is in need of a new heart and almost looses it because of no transportation.

Well they did have a few transplant cases involved here, but the direction of the show was mostly on the trauma of the bus accident.

It seems the writers have seemed to loose their focus on the point of the show. Obviously this is a hospital with an ER, but I'm not sure if the show should be called ER or Three Rivers which is suppose to be focused on the transplant of organs.

The main storyline here is the bus crash and the results of the different cases. We get a ridiculously stupid backup story about the transplant coordinator getting stuck between a nosy patient who needs a new heart's wife and the surgeon. In general the show has good acting. The production seems pretty good also. Where the show seems to loose it is the stories that are told. Again the most empathetic character of the bunch is the young man who is the transplant coordinator. They are trying to soften the doctors and the veneers seem to be coming off some of the characters especially the younger ones. It may be taking them too long to react to viewers and their general reaction to the show.

We'll see how much longer this show is around. Thanks for reading...
  • Bus crashes, some live and some die. CPR on driver has a messed up script. They still get a transplant done. From what I saw, I would not want to go to that hospital!!

OMG is what every RN I know was saying. Doesn't anyone review the script. During a code on the bus driver, when the patient's rhythm started to come back, the nurse stated that the patient was in tachycardia with a rate of 20. Even the greenest nurse would know that a rate of 20 would be bradicadia. Tach means to fast, bradi means to slow. I think that whoever is going over the script for accuracy needs to go back to school or at the least, find some medical personnel. Even a clerk that has taken medical terminology, would be able to tell the differance. I was watching because of Alex. But not now. I like a good medical show. They seem to have died post(which means after) "ER".
  • A busy day at Three Rivers.

I actually didn't like this episode as much as I liked the previous ones, mainly because there were some bits that bothered me. But overall, it was a good episode.

Miranda's telescope joke was an insant win for me. Also the scene where the mother broke down and she almost cried too. That's how you set classic moments that determine a character. But not when she stormed into Dr. Jordan's patient and tried to resusciate him. It felt too out of place, and I felt the same when Dr.jordan sent her to look for the missing kid.

I really would like to see them work on patients together more, a little ER-esque mentor-student relationship like the interaction between Dr.Lee & Dr.Jordan. The show is just finding its voice and style so, hopefully in the future we'll get to see good character interactions among the staff of Three Rivers Hospital.
  • Ok. Much better this time around.

This episode, hopefully, has been a coming of age of sorts for this series.

For the first time they did not try to do everything in the space of one episode. They focused on a few PARTS of a story and made them feel real. The set up was much more extensive and focused on the victims, while showing that, for a medical team, things are not always under their control. When do-do happens, sometimes it can't be corrected, and personnel can't always be where they want to be. And along that line: personally, if "Ryan" were my transplant coordinator...well, suffice it to say, he WOULDN'T be!

I could even overlook the medical inaccuracies this episode because of the way in which they presented the stories...that is, until the very last scene. But sorry, I have never seen a heart defibrillated from asystole, even after transplant. A heart must first be IN fibrillation in order to DE-fibrillate it. Small detail (on TV if not so small in real life) that would have been easy to correct...medical advisors: where were you, or must you bow to the networks for the all-important dramatic component??!!

Still, "A for effort" and I hope its a trend. Now if we could just see some follow up on this recipient's post op journey (and maybe some feedback on how the donor kids' family copes) in a subsequent episode...that would be a nice touch that completed a pretty decent story.