Three Rivers Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

CBS pulls Three Rivers

davinp

[1]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 8

CBS is pulling the organ-donation medical drama from Sunday nights effective immediately.

"Rivers" is still in production and the network will complete all 13 episodes of the show's initial order. Though network sources say no final decision has been made about its future beyond the 13, given the show's consistent sub-2.0 ratings, fans shouldn't expect anything more than a burn-off at some point.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/11/cbs-pulls-three-rivers-.html

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pgsuperfan

[2]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 25
    CBS has not had much luck with doctor shows

davinp

[3]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 8
    pgsuperfan wrote:
    CBS has not had much luck with doctor shows

Yes, it hard to compete with FOX's "House" and ABC's "Grey's Anatomy"

siouxchic2002

[4]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 1
    I love this show.. I hope it continues.. I am starting to hate CBS they pulled one of my other shows this year I think I will just stop watching this channel all together I watch very few shows and two of my favorites are cancelled and now I have really liked this one and now it is being cancelled also.. THIS SUCKS

kopeckee

[5]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    the show never started on time on the east coast because of football... not a very good way to kick off a show......

haldrey

[6]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 22
    I do not think that the main reason for the show failure is not the show itself, it is the day. Sunday after football or The Great Race (or something like that), anyway, it was never on time. Cold Case survives because it is a great, proven, long running show which already have faithful followers which go with the show wherever and whenever they air it.

stellarchick86

[7]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 32
    Im still confused as to what is going on with future episodes. They have produced ones we have never seen before, so do we get to see them in the future or are we screwed on that? 'Cold Case' is on this weekend instead of the show so I wasnt sure if it was going to be like that all the time or just this weekend. Please help.

Catwoman87531

[8]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 55
    At this time the show has been pulled off the schedule. No further information is available about when or if CBS will air the unseen episodes. As noted above, they may burn them off at some other time.

stellarchick86

[9]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    Catwoman87531 wrote:
    At this time the show has been pulled off the schedule. No further information is available about when or if CBS will air the unseen episodes. As noted above, they may burn them off at some other time.

Oh, okay, thanks..well that really sucks.

tbys1980

[10]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 15
    I really liked this show. I hope they put it back on.

mimisc2009

[11]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    tbys1980 wrote:
    I really liked this show. I hope they put it back on.

I so agree. It started off slow but now I'm actually enjoying it. Really, really hope they don't cancel it.

LeeKern

[12]Dec 6, 2009
    Please reconsider: Three Rivers with Alex O'Loughlin is wonderful, do a little overhauling if you deem necessary, but for me I like this show and would not be happy with your cancelling it.
    Edited on 12/06/2009 5:06pm

NurseNut

[13]Dec 6, 2009

How did they ever think it would have a chance premiering it on Sundays after that worn out Amazing (?) Race (?)? Three Rivers' cast is phenomenal. The story lines are SO true to life (nearly spot on, I know for a fact) and it was just good TV for a change. I guess it wasn't enough shooting/robbing/raping/drugging for the execs at CBS. What a HUGE mistake not airing this.

Hey, I have an idea. How about a different night, like Monday or Tuesday or WEDNESDAY after CRIMINAL MINDS (which they'll probably cance that next cuz I like it so much!)...Thursday after CSI? How about getting rid of NCIS or whatever it is? BOYCOTTING CBS...except Criminal Minds. BOOOO.

KudoRan

[14]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 3

I was curious about this show because I'm from Pittsburgh... and I admit that I had some trouble getting into it (I also admit at this point to having only seen a couple episodes)... but I heard it wasn't publicized well enough, like they didn't get the pilot episode to the critics on time or something.

It was cool getting to hear the actors name local businesses and neighborhoods, but I wasn't sure there was anything overly special about the story.

bouchasharon

[15]Dec 11, 2009

Re: Three Rivers on Sunday Nights

This is a very good and realistic show.

It shows the necessity of being an organ

donor, and its effects on everyone, from the donor and

family to the recipient and family. And the process of

getting the transplanted organ from donor to

recipient.

Why not put it on Saturday Night since that

night seems to be so dead. But, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE SHOW

Edited on 12/11/2009 5:29pm

Burkardt1956

[16]Dec 13, 2009
    They finally Put a show on TV that is good but also give a GOOD message about organ donation. What is wrong with this Picture???????

Gridje

[17]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 11

I'm really liking the show now. I resently got to see the first and only season of Moonlight and got totally hooked on Alex O'Loughlin, that's probably the only reason I started trying out three rivers. It started of really slow, but by now I'm pretty much hooked. It seems really real and I think donating is so important! I love that show, and not to mention, moooore Alex O'Loughlin...

So I really hope they are going to show those last 5 episodes in another timeslot, and maybe it will pick up more viewers...

Edited on 12/13/2009 7:59am

nbmanning

[18]Dec 13, 2009
    Every time we get into a show and follow its episodes, the newtwork in this case CBS canx. Didn't like Three Rivers airing before Cold Case an hour later. We enjoy both shows and look forward to watching them on Sunday evening. Keep Cold Case at its regular schedule time, and move Three Rivers back to its original schedule or Monday when there isn't anything else worth watching. Hope CBS reads this email!

ardrialle

[19]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 2

I am not surprised by this. Typical CBS. If they really wanted the show to get recognition, they would have gotten the pilots out there and NOT put the show on late Sunday night. No they don't listen to the fans and no they don't care. CBS has shown me they are going to do what they want to do and when. Well boycott time again. I give up. I boycotted CBS for a long time because they cancelled several shows through the writers strike. I get that the strike was troublesome, but when it was all over and done with, I don't think they even tried to re-air some of the really good shows they had going. It was so bad that I boycotted television all together. It took me almost a year to get back to watching television I was so angry. You couldn't get into a show because as soon as you really started liking it, it was yanked right out from under you without warning. I am going back to watching Netflix and my DVDs. I have three shows I watch faithfully and I can honestly say I don't worry about them being pulled because none of them are CBS. Sorry CBS, just stating the facts. You guys totally missed the boat on the vampire/supernatural thing. Someone's not doing their homework very well over there.

Rant Off

darwise

[20]Dec 16, 2009
    I agree with several nof your other respondents. This was a good show that probably needed to air on a different night. I don't watch sports, so I am always frustrated when they keep a good show from starting on time!