Three's Company Forums

ABC (ended 1984)

Chrissy, Cindy, or Terri

zvyh

[1]Aug 8, 2005
    • level: 6
    Who was better-Chrissy, Cindy, or Terri? Personally I thought Cindy had some funny lines. Especially the one where "Janet Wigs Out" and she says to Janet at the Reagle Beagle Janet I can't believe you're still wearing your wi wi wist watch!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jedimastertahl

[2]Aug 8, 2005
    • level: 16
    I thought they were all good in their own way, although I could have done without Chrissy in her last season because she was just too dumb. I would have prefered her character to stay as it was in the earlier seasons.

yoester

[3]Aug 8, 2005
    • level: 11
    I liked all 3 on the show and was happy on how it all worked out. Now when I turn on the tv, I know exactly what era it was. The Cindy era brought us lots of laughs because of her hurting Jack, that was great! I liked Terri because it was more of a modern setting. I agree with jedimastertahl, Chrissy was great but got way too dumb at the end.

weezie_Y

[4]Aug 8, 2005
    • level: 19
    Out of all the three, Chrissy was my favorite. Cindy was ok, but I didn't really laugh at any of her lines. All she had going was the physical comedy with Jack. Terri was a little better than Cindy. However, she kind of pulled a "Chrissy" in the later seasons as she said some silly things.

in-correct

[5]Aug 10, 2005
    • level: 2
    Chrissy and Cindy both funny, and I think Cindy was the funniest since she knocked people out when she came in the room. As for Terri, She was just like another Janet, but at that time, Janets was funnier because she started attacking people.

rae_8419

[6]Aug 13, 2005
    • level: 3
    I liked Chrissy the best i thought she was the only funny one. I hated Cindy, She was annoying. Terri was alright just acted a little uptight.

cwbybri

[7]Aug 14, 2005
    • level: 24
    Cindy's clumsiness (sp?) played best with John Ritter's physical comedy. That being said, I like the fact that they never tried to imitate Chrissy. Cindy and Terri were their own people.

yoester

[8]Aug 22, 2005
    ^ All 3 were special in there own way. Imagine if they tried to replace Chrissy with another actress and called her Chrissy?

The show would have been totally different.

Kind of like what they did on Different Strokes and The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air with the mothers.

flyme9sky

[9]Aug 23, 2005
    • level: 2
    i say chrissy
    she's the bomb. i like that laugh she does.

Stephen0684

[10]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 8
    The way I see it, Chrissy, is an good choice but a tad dumb execpt a few times but overall, she's just a little bit nuts. As for Cindy, seems a bit smarter than her cousin (barly) and isn't that much of an pushover. (Ex. Winston kept bugging her for marriage) And last Terri, she smarter that the Snow cousins and she tougher as well can be sweet and tough if she has to. At least with her, you can have protection. Therefore, if I had to choose it would be Cindy, Terri, and then Chrissy.

sonia1982

[11]Aug 25, 2005
    Chrissy! i dont know why but i thought her ditzyness and her naiveness is soo likeable! she was also very sweet.But you know what? i wonder why when suzanne started wanting more of the profit, why didnt they just get another actress that looked like her to play chrissy? i liked cindy and terri but they should of just kept the same chrissy character,but a different actress to portrayl the role.

weezie_Y

[12]Aug 25, 2005
    sonia1982 wrote:
    Chrissy! i dont know why but i thought her ditzyness and her naiveness is soo likeable! she was also very sweet.But you know what? i wonder why when suzanne started wanting more of the profit, why didnt they just get another actress that looked like her to play chrissy? i liked cindy and terri but they should of just kept the same chrissy character,but a different actress to portrayl the role.

I think recasting the role of Chrissy would not have been the same. In fact, it would have been a bad idea. Everybody has a different style of acting and no one could have played the Chrissy character better than Suzanne Somers.

sonia1982

[13]Aug 25, 2005
    Yeah,if only she didnt get a huge ego and well,you know the rest... thought her character was the key's success to the show.She was perfect as Chrissy Snow though!

jedimastertahl

[14]Aug 26, 2005
    I'm sure she thought that without her, the show would go off the air, but of course, she was wrong. You would have thought her career would have gone downhill after this happened, but if anything, she became even more famous. I liked her as Chrissy, but I can't really say I like Suzanne herself very much.

yoester

[15]Aug 26, 2005
    I think Suzanne Somers got lucky after 3's Company.... She struggled for awhile performing in Vegas, but then the Thighmaster, Sheriff show, Step By Step..... she lucked out....

weezie_Y

[16]Aug 26, 2005
    And now she's on the Home Shopping Network (HSN). She usually has her own show almost every month.

AnimeSpirit15

[17]Aug 31, 2005
    • level: 21
    I've always liked Terri, they always save the best for last, and Priscilla Barnes, did a wonderful job as Terri Alden, R.N.

jedimastertahl

[18]Aug 31, 2005
    I liked Terri also. She seemed more like a real person that just a made up character. I have met a lot of stupid people but have yet to meet one as dumb as Chrissy, so she never seemed real to me. I liked the episodes that had both Terri and Cindy.

yoester

[19]Aug 31, 2005
    I liked Terri too! The Terri and Cindy episodes were great!
    Too bad we could have never saw all 5 roomates together!

jedimastertahl

[20]Sep 1, 2005
    That would have been cool!