Three's Company

Friends and Lovers (2)

Aired Unknown Sep 18, 1984 on ABC

• Not the best way to end it....but also not the worst

I love Three's Company and I'm a big fan. I feel the show's last hurrah was in the sixth season, after that it became boring. While they were able to get away with those 'misunderstandings' for six years I felt that the show became tired by season seven. The quality was down and the show wasn't as funny as seasons 2 and 3 (the best seasons in my opinion). So after 8 years... this is what we get. My feelings about the finale are mixed. The thing about Jack and Vicky I could understand, Jack was maturing and looking to settle down and find the girl of his dreams. But the Janet and Phillip relationship...I don't like. First of all, there is no chemistry between them. Maybe if Phillip was played by a different actor and introduced at the beginning of the series I would be okay with it. But to me it is illogical that Janet would marry a guy after knowing for only a week or two. And Terri, what's the deal? She is not very important in the finale. They should have given her some kind of story. And her promotion to Hawaii came out of no where. Mr. Furley also needed some kind of closure. And what about the Ropers and Cindy? They should have been at Janet's wedding. I'm sure if the actors were asked they would have come to shoot the finale. Chrissy should've been there most of all but there was 0% that was even possible with the cast feuds and all. She should've at least been mentioned but Joyce DeWitt would have freaked if even that happened. Anyway, the final scene with the trio and Mr. Furley in the empty apartment makes up for the many flaws of the finale. The last scene is well written and a tearjerker. And while the finale on a whole left much to be desired, the final scene was a sweet and simple way to end one of TV's greatest sitcoms.
TVLAND