The Burning

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 30, 2005 on CBS

• The horror of adulthood is having to grow up as a child. The scope of the show broadens this ep. as we find out the alien presence has been her before.

Imagine digging in your backyard and finding an alien. Pretty far out, huh? While I don't think this show will inspire a generation of youth to go get their shovels, I do think it opens a great window of opportunity with the show. By opening up the possiblity the alien presence has been to the earth many times long before the show began, past occurences can now be explained. This broadening of the scope of the show will help to increase the longevity of the series. Even if they begin to understand what is happening now, they will have a lot of way back when to explain.
    I have to say, I don't think they dealt with the mental patient's breaking and entering and essentially kidnapping the lady at the apartment. Granted, the wacked out ship crewman's came in right behind him and could be blamed. However, if the guy was as rational as all that, why didn't he explain that he had left someone tied up in her living room? Other than this rather large plot hole, the show moved very well.