ThunderCats Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2012)

Cancellation Threat

bluecatcinema

[1]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 61

This series is currently in danger of being cancelled. Fortunately, a petition has been formed against this. Click here to sign it: http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-bros-animation-keep-the-new-thundercats-on-for-another-season

You can also E-mail Cartoon network itself and make your voice heard: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

Let them know this show should be renewed!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

syrusfan

[2]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 38

Ugh, seriously CN? You can definitely count me in for this petition.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 28
    This show is in danger? I find it hard to believe this show is doing worse than most other shows, but they showed it later during the day it would get more viewers. I'll sign, but not confident it will do anything. If CN wants a show gone regardless of how popular it is it will be gone. Justice League Unlimated's final season was given no advertising at all and aired without so much as any hint from media it was coming back than put on 8 or 9 month hiatus when it was announced it was not renewed it aired te final episodes. CN insured it got bad ratings and just wanted it gone.

ltcomstella

[4]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 18

wouldn't surprise me good show good story awesome animation and still has the original series charm but way sexier

whats not to like ?

yes they have green lantern to bring back as well

zuperduper

[5]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 10

Unfortunately Cartoon Network wants viewers in their kids demographic. The show pulls in great adult ratings but poor kids ratings. The worst part is that it's probably not Thundercats fault. Cartoon Network abandoned Thundercats by reducing promotional time and by deathsloting it. This gave Thundercats a disadvantage.

RaizenYusuke

[6]Jun 26, 2012
    I should never have got attached to this series. I should have known when they put it on Saturday mornings this show was going to be killed. I am not even sure if I want to sign the peition, those things never work.

MajLorne

[7]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 21
    zuperduper wrote:

Unfortunately Cartoon Network wants viewers in their kids demographic. The show pulls in great adult ratings but poor kids ratings. The worst part is that it's probably not Thundercats fault. Cartoon Network abandoned Thundercats by reducing promotional time and by deathsloting it. This gave Thundercats a disadvantage.

They should put it back in the primetime spot like 9pm. If it's so much about more adults than kids demo, then put it at a later time where it can be appreciated. CN, Nick, Disney spews enough under '10' crap as it is. How about having something intelligent on for a change? I will say this about Nick, (other than invader zim) they pretty much treat most of their shows very well (avatar and legend of korra) and it took something out of their own hands (wolverine and the x-men not getting the funding from the outside studio) for a show to get canned. If CN drops it, I hope Nick picks it up and airs it with Legend of Korra. Now that would be an awesome 1-2 punch.

frosty_ice

[8]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 24
    I support that... how can they expect kids to watch the series, if they put it on a time slot where kids are either still asleep or in school?! For crying out loud, they should have learned by now! I'll sign the petition, you can bet that.

wolfdemontsuki

[9]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 2

MajLorne wrote:
    zuperduper wrote:

They should put it back in the primetime spot like 9pm. If it's so much about more adults than kids demo, then put it at a later time where it can be appreciated. CN, Nick, Disney spews enough under '10' crap as it is. How about having something intelligent on for a change? I will say this about Nick, (other than invader zim) they pretty much treat most of their shows very well (avatar and legend of korra) and it took something out of their own hands (wolverine and the x-men not getting the funding from the outside studio) for a show to get canned. If CN drops it, I hope Nick picks it up and airs it with Legend of Korra. Now that would be an awesome 1-2 punch.

gods above and below i hope you are right that would be awesome.

MajLorne

[10]Jul 17, 2012
    Thanks, yeah. It would be a total travesty if this show were to end like that. At the very least CN should order a 13 ep season. A show this good should not be shafted like that.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Jul 26, 2012
    I finally signed the petition. It is at least better to try and do something than complain about it. Does anyone know the ratings for this series? Cartoon Network should put it back on Fridays like it was before. 9 am on Saturdays is not a good time as it use to be. It would help if they showed reruns now. I wish they could show this series on Toonami. I think if it was on the new Toonami it would get more viewers.

DBTrilogy100

[12]Aug 30, 2012
    • level: 7

Just found this article:

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=19084

It still speaks in vague terms, but it seems to be more so on the good news then the bad news.

ltcomstella

[13]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 18

tvrage has it listed as cancelled/ended...

antdude

[14]Sep 1, 2012
    • level: 27
    Axed according to https://www.facebook.com/groups/303701856364963/ from http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thundercats-cartoon-news-3/rip-thundercats-2011-2012-504/ from http://forums.voltron.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=9051046761&m=2063914467&r=1593923477#1593923477

RaizenYusuke

[15]Sep 1, 2012
    Figures. My mistake was getting attached to this series. Goods hows gets cancelled anyway. They barely showed re-runs meanwhile CN plays any other shows 10 times a day. If they kept the show on Firdays were people watched it they would have got better ratings. After the first half of season 1 they all, but stopped advertising it.

DBTrilogy100

[16]Sep 1, 2012

So it has been canceled, then. Such a shame, we were halfway through this story. The 2002 He-Man Series was another well-done reboot that ended before it got to finish the story it wanted to tell. Well, I'm at least grateful for what we did get. With this new information, I'm guessing this "big announcement" mentioned in the article I found is probably going to be for another reboot (users from fan sites theorize this, as well). I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this"big announcement" will be.

MajLorne

[17]Sep 3, 2012
    Damn it. So do we at least get a movie wrap up? I don't want another reboot after such a great series as this version was. Watch them making it more 'camp' to appease the kids. The hell with that.

neoyamato_pi

[18]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 26
    Darn it. Oh well, I guess we'll just be left hanging on how the story was supposed to end.

DBTrilogy100

[19]Sep 7, 2012

Well, I just found an article that is a respond to the initial article I found:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=291&itemid=19111

It's still an answer that "speaks in riddles", so I don't know what they mean exactly and, therefore, am approaching this information with caution. Make of it what you will.

Edited on 09/07/2012 7:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MajLorne

[20]Sep 10, 2012
    I hate uncertainty. Though I guess there maybe a small chance, but it's not good enough. Why can't we just get at least a 12 or 13 ep season if the network doesn't want to commit to the show anymore? Other shows have done the same thing in doing a 13 ep season. We fans should not be left out in the cold especially when a show is this good.