ThunderCats Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2012)

What Lies Above Part II Episode Talkback

neoyamato_pi

[21]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 26

Man, what a twist. Admittedly I took a quick glimpse at the forums before watching the episode and I immediately regretted it. But still, nonetheless, Pumyra acting as a mole for Mumm-Ra was brilliant. I never would have seen it coming. Thinking back on it the tip-off, aside from her varying behavior, would be when she said she was loyal to her king and master. I haven't heard her call Lion-O her master before, but that's only with the knowledge that she betrays him. And dang, having his heart broken twice in the same season, both at the "end of the run" really sucks. The Vultureman betraying the cats and joining up with Mumm-Ra was predictable but still nice to see.

And nice to see the Forever Bag being used. If I didn't rewatch part 1, I would've never realized that the Kittens took it with them after their episode. And good to see the different races of 3rd Earth coming together. The finale was epic, really wish the second season was on next week.

But as for that, didn't someone mention that the show was guaranteed for at least two seasons? Or were they just referring to the fact that the first season being split up into two parts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ltcomstella

[22]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 18

i'll agree to disagree on pumyra 'dying'

RaizenYusuke

[23]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 28
    No one else was creeped out when Mumm-Ra called Pymra beloved?

syrusfan

[24]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 38

No, I thought that bit was pretty creepy too. I mean, she's a cat and he's a withered mummy. Even if he meant nothing by it, it's still an unpleasant image.

ltcomstella

[25]Jun 21, 2012

only got creeped out when he touched her chin with his claws....and she seemed to like it briefly...

neoyamato_pi

[26]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 26

I'll admit, that part of the scene was pretty creepy, but I think I just glossed over it after that epic battle/plot.

RaizenYusuke

[27]Jun 21, 2012

Why would Mumm-Ra be involved with Pumyra? He thinks the cats are like well animals. I can't see a situation where Mumm-Ra would want even use her for sex. If he is faking to get her loyalty, why would he? He could kill her if he wanted to and she hates Lion-O so much (or did)that she probably wants to get revenge on him no matter how he treats her. This has been baffling the hell out of me every since I heard him call her beloved. What is he playing at? I could see him just trying screw with Lion-O more, but it didn't seem like that.

DBTrilogy100

[28]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 7

neoyamato_pi wrote:

But as for that, didn't someone mention that the show was guaranteed for at least two seasons? Or were they just referring to the fact that the first season being split up into two parts?

Back in November 2011, Dan Norton (the art director) informed fans that the Crew was told that another 26 episodes were ordered, which is where the confusion lies. In a recent podcast interview, Dan Norton confirmed an update that they aren't currently in production, but it is not canceled either (basically, it's on hiatus right now). Here is a link to this podcast (it reveals a lot of other nit trivia, as well): http://www.thundercatsnow.com/features/podcast-library/podcast-episode-19/

antdude

[29]Jun 23, 2012
    perualonso1 wrote:

Everyone, calm down! For know, we don't know if wheter or not there will be a Season 2 of Thundercats. Don't just assume it's over already! As for the "Lion-O doesn't get the girl" scenario, that's just plain sad.

I wonder when will we know.

ltcomstella

[30]Jun 24, 2012

mumra will sacrifice anyone so he could easily dismiss pumyra later on in another fight or just send her out to get 'killed' but lion-o will save her like he did in the arena..

i hope this remake continues...

MajLorne

[31]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 21

readapost wrote:
    perualonso1 wrote:

Am I the only one annoyed with the fact that Pumyra double-crossed Lion-O? I know it's because he abandoned her, but he still didn't deserve that!

I know I never saw it coming! I mean a cat and a mummy? Hmm... still a better then Twlight.
    Lol! I love those 'anything is better than twilight' comments. But yes, it was totally unexpected. Damn, so much for another female on the team.. I will say that kick by that dog (forgot the name) seemed pretty harsh even for today's PC climate. I'm glad they got away with showing that.

I loved seeing all the allies together jumping out of the bag like that. Lol, "that's all you can bring, one guy"? Those kids are just great. Why can't more shows with kids that age be as useful and 'loveable'* like that?

I hope the next season is underway, this show is just too good to end here. It deserves at least another season.

*I don't think I can ever get over the 'we're too cute to die!' comment. If there's one line that this show will be remembered for, it has to be that.

Edited on 07/01/2012 1:49pm