ThunderCats

The Duelist and the Drifter

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 09, 2011 on Cartoon Network

• The Duelist and the Drifter

The Duelist and the Drifter was another perfect episode of this amazing new version of The Thundercats. I really enjoyed watching this episode because the over all production quality was awesome, great story and lesson to be learned, and there was a lot of character development. This reminds me of the original Thundercats in that Lion-O had an adventure by himself and in the end learns a lesson and makes a random friend who may be important or seen again down the road but has no real connection to the over all plot currently. I thought the Drifter was an awesome character and I like his wisdom. The Duelist was also very interesting and reminded me of a fighter from Soul Caliber. I love this new version more each new episode and I look forward to watching the next episode of Thundercats 2011!!!!!!!!!

• In a rather "Avatar"-esque type journey, Lion-O visit a village, meets a creepy floating rabbit guy, fights for honor, and does it all in less then unrealistically fast day.

While the Thundertank is being repaired, Lion-O leaves the gang to head for a town for supplies. He meets a "wise" floating rabbit guy who is in turn lazy, worthless, and without cause, other then to have some sort of point in life.

Lion-O meets a tall pointy chap who challenges him fort he Sword of Omens and loses. He challenges the duelist for another chance at getting his sword back as well as all the swords the duelist has captured. In turn, if the duelist wins, he gets to execute Lion-O.

What the main fault of this episode is, is this. Lion-O barely trains, and when he fights the deulist, he fails miserably, even at the end. It is only until the freaky floating rabbit guy gives his words of wisdom, does some how out of nowhere, Lion-O becomes all Matrixy and out moves the duelist to win everything back in a very rushed ending that made very little sense. How did Lion-O do this all in one day? They even had a brand new sword made for him, all within the course of a few hours.

It is little details like this that make this show seem out of touch, and slightly behind in terms of quality. If they can fix this little discrepancies, this series could be a leader for Cartoon Network.