Thundercats Forums

(ended 1989)

Before You Submit

Im2Crazy4U

[1]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 51
    This space is going to be used for rules and guidelines for making submissions to this guide. I will make this better over time, but for now I must cover a few things that keep popping up.

Summary:

This is meant to be a short (2 sentences or less) summary of what the episode is about, without any plot. Due to most of this guide originating on TVTome where the summary was the recap, almost all episodes with summaries have bad summaries. I plan on rewriting them when I get the chance.

Also note that summaries by definition do not contain any spoilers. Again, many of the current summaries fail this

For an example see the summary for the first episode, which is the only one written by me.

Recap:

This is meant to be a very detailed account of what happened in the episode. This needs to include plot points, actual dialogue and anything else that will let show one who hasn't seen the episode know what they missed. This should not be a copy of the script, as this violates copyright.

By definition this must contain spoilers. There are very few recaps in this guide, and most of then suck.

For an example see the recap for the first episode, which is the only one written by me.

Rules:

1. If you see minor typos in the summary and it fails the above rules, it will be rejected. Although typos are acceptable to fix, it is a minor problem compared with the broken summary. If you want to fix typos in the summary then correct the summary as well. If you've never seen the episode then don't bother submitting.

2. Rule 1 applies to recaps as well.

3. Keep quotes short and to the point. If you have to post 4 or 5 lines for a quote, then that would be the longest quote I will keep. If it's longer than that then it has to be Earth shattering otherwise I'll toss it. Quotes need to be relevant.

4. If you laughed really hard at a line of dialogue that makes no sense to your mother (who I assume has not seen this show) then don't bother submitting it. If I don't laugh on reading after having not seen the episode since its first run, then it's not funny.

More to come, when I get the chance or repeated submissions that fail.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.