Thundercats Forums

(ended 1989)

Mumm -Ra's powers

mizasterj

[1]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 16
    I know Mumm Ra was a powerful sorceror who used black magic, but lets try to get into detail about his powers and limits. I seen him do many amazing things. What stands out the most? a few I can think of are Hypnosis and transformation. What do you think the extint of those abilities are?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Streeca

[2]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 15
    I'm still far away from the first season's end, but of what i saw so far, the most impressive thing he did was creating the whole dreamland {with himself as Selkie} into which Tygra stumbled in "The Garden of Delights". Turning into a swarm of locusts in "Berbils" was pretty cool too, providing a nice little Excorcist II flashback. :=}

divinematt

[3]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 5
    I think Mumm-Ra could pretty much do anything that the spirits of evil allowed.

JohnnyPromoshot

[4]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    How about when he was smart enough to think about putting on those little glasses so that he couldn't see his reflection. Out of all the powers he could come up with, that seemed to be the smartest thing that he ever once did. Otherwise, I thought the ability to use his little pyramid to transport himself the vast distance from Third Earth to Thundera and back was pretty cool too. "Super" Mumm-Ra was probably my favorite transformation for him--it reminded me of something out of a true anime cartoon.

seto1

[5]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 16
    Thats the thing isnt it on his own monra is of no treat to the thunder cats but the spirits make his powers limitless,but it would appear that something about using the power drains him forcing him to use his chamber

raven_blue

[6]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 4
    despite of all his powers, i like the one when he calls evil people form past or other galaxies, like the way he brought the thunder-cutter and then ninja to kill the thundercats.