Thundercats

Lion-O's Anointment Final Day: The Trial of Evil

Aired Daily 5:00 PM Dec 16, 1985 on

• Inevitability makes this a must see.

Is this the moment you've been waiting for? The big climax to the Day of atonement saga? Indeed it should be if you have been watching the series thus far and paying attention. I have to ask the question is this as good as it gets though? Hopefully not buy a long shot, but I'm afraid so. Finaly Lion O ( would be lord of the thundercats ) must face off against the ever living evil know only as Mumm-ra. The main hero and main villian of the show coming head to head without interference. The biggest question remaing, does Lion O have what it takes to beat Mumm-ra without the sword of Omens and Claw glove? This reminds me of the first time luke confronted Vader, although much different. After analyzing the whole episode, I've come to realize this episode although interesting, lacks the focus it should have. More time and scenes should have been made in the final confrontation.
    Still it is what the audience has been waiting for, mostly. In the end it seems as if Lion O did almost nothing himself to defeat Mumm-ra directly. true he was able to find a weakness connected to Mumm-ra, but deafting Mum-ra without exploiting that would have been more heroic more remarkable. The ending provides some satisfaction and then undoes alot of what has already been established. So much for changing things. Yet, it still reinforces the fact that Mumm-ra can never truely be defeated. If thats the case then, why bother? It seems as though this battle has alot more left to show us than has already. Regardless, this episode has a decent amount of action, suspense, and a few surprises. However, I dont think it was intense enough to be considered a Season Finale. Although, it was one of the best episodes thus far, possibly the best ever.