Thundercats

(ended 1989)

Thundercats Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• lol my brother showed me clips.

7.8
    i wasn't born wen this came out or saw any episodes wen it was on tele. but my brother used to tell me all about it... he told me about the sword thing and the bad guy. he even brought sum tapes and showed me sum episodes!
    lol since i'm not a boy this wouldn't appeal to me as much , but i did like storytime wen my brother told me bout it wen i was about to go to sleep......memories lol.
  • Thunder...Thunder...Thunder...Thundercats! HO!

Wow! I am super impressed with this show alot! Thundercats is a really fantastic show for all ages! Yet a great story about Good vs Evil. Cat humanoids vs Mumm-ra is a great idea for an 80's Cartoon Series.

Really Tough action! Excellent Animation! Thundercats takes its place as one of the greatest cartoons that ever lived!
  • I STILL have a crush on Lion-O...

I STILL have a crush on Lion-O... And that sword of his that had one eye - The Sword of Omens (the Eye of Thundera), that just got bigger and Bigger and BIGGER, after he'd grab is with both hands. *giggle* Yeah, I wanted to cuddle up with Lion-O. *sigh*
  • Thundercats was an action show, a fruit of its time and great for kicks! I was 11 at the time and it grabbed me forever more. Great fun to watch. The kind of shows that makes kids jump from their seats.

The sword of omens, Mum-Ra, the Lunattacks, the Mutants it was all great. Only one thing bothered me, even tho I was so young. Yagga's ghost was an obvious copy of Obi-Wan's. If I had to make it again, I'll keep Yagga alive.
    Well, that was 20 years ago. At that time here in the New World we weren't used to such speed of action. It took He-Man or the Superfiends a lot to do battle. Here they were doing it in the title sequence!
    And I had known anime for a long time then. Astroboy, Mazinger Z, War of the Worlds...
  • DVDs don't look so hot!

I personally don't have it, but I've been reading different reviews from different forums from different websites and people are saying that the DVDs are bad. Closed Captions symbols popping up out of nowhere. Episode 2 is missing the music. And this is from WB.

Can anyone from this site comfirm with me about these, and if any more problems?
  • A classic cartoon product of the 80's, Thundercat's quality does not match up with modern day television, but for its time it was great and a favorite of kids from its generation.

A classic cartoon product of the 80's, Thundercat's quality does not match up with modern day television, but for its time it was great and a favorite of kids from its generation. Why was it so good you may be asking? Well, for one, it was one of the few cartoons to feature a continous storyline. Thus, in essence it was a soap opera for kids. Next, the animation quality while still being a product of the 80's has a slightly better feel to it than other era counterparts such as He-Man and Transformers. The sound quality is also better than most 80's cartoons. Throw in the fact that the dialogue was decent (all 80's shows have some amount of cheese to them, this one just keeps it to a minimum) and you have a very solid show even by modern standards. Yet, if you grade it based on its own time it gets extremely high reviews. As a result, I will mix the two grades (modern and 80's) and give htis a very good score, but not fantastic as there are presently better shows out there. I will say this though, this is a solid show that any kid nowadays would enjoy watching, and for those of us looking to catch a glimpse of the past, this show is a fantastic piece of work.

My final review: Solid but not amazing by today's standards; great by the standards of its era. This show is entertaining even if you are a present day kid and even better if you are one from the 80's.
  • Thunder-Thunder-Thundercats...HO! Animated Drama at its best. Adults had Days of Our Lives...and the children had THUNDERCATS.

Thunder-Thunder-Thundercats…HO!

Oh you’ve gotta smile when you read such an original phrase. Thundercats is one of the best cartoons of the 80’s, at the top of the list with He-Man, The Smurfs and Beverly Hills Teens.

This was just good classic clean animation at its best. Everybody’s favorite was Lion-O.

There was just something about a cartoon character that refused to die. And there was always a death scene with each episode. Maybe that’s what made this so classic and cool. Any character that can go thru a ten minute death scene while giving you a play by play of what he’s feeling with the utterance of such words as: “Feeling weak – feeling faint – getting weaker –can’t go on.” Ah yes, that’s doggone good watching in my book.

And the cartoon Oscar goes to…. Thundercats! This was animated drama at its best.
  • I have always had a special place in my heart for Thundercats, I was thoroughly addicted to watching each and every episode every morning before school. The idea of continuing story lines really sucked me in, I guess preparing me for an adult addiction t

I have always had a special place in my heart for Thundercats, I was thoroughly addicted to watching each and every episode every morning before school. The idea of continuing story lines really sucked me in, I guess preparing me for an adult addiction to soaps.

The series was quite dark for a cartoon, the Thundercats constantly fighting Mumm-ra and his demonic concoctions. The only cartoon I have seen that has a similar feel is Sailormoon which has a totally different story line. A few of my friends compared it to He-man and She-ra but I always thought that Thundercats had much more depth and was much darker. All in all Thundercats should be rerun till the cows come home.
1 2 >