Thundercats

The Evil Harp of Charr-Nin

Aired Daily 5:00 PM Nov 11, 1985 on

7.7
  • Under Mumm-ra's control, Charr-nin, the djini of the golden harp, captures the Thundercats and takes them to the center of Third Earth.

The story to this episode was solid, I just thought that it wasn't interesting or exciting.

Charr-nin isn't an interesting character. I don't understand why Mumm-ra would want his help. If Mumm-ra is the most powerful wizard on Third Earth, then why would he need the help of a djini?

I didn't think that the battle at the center of Third Earth was exciting. The Thunderkittens pull an old trick on the djini to distract him while Lion-O frees himself. You see it all the time in these cartoons. The final scene with Mumm-ra escaping from the center of Third Earth was well animated, but I do get tired of hearing Mumm-ra repeating that phrase "as long as evil exists ..." This is another Thundercats episode that can be skipped. Nothing interesting here.
  • This episode shows my favourite thundercats, the kids, getting into trouble when they come across this lamp. A genie appears and at first is friendly towards them, but becomes influenced by Mummra's evil. As usual, the kids know how to handle themselves!

This episode is good because it is one of the only episodes ever to dedicate the entire episode to the kids. As usual, even in cartoons, children are shunned in favour of grown ups, and Thundercats although amazing, did feed this stereotype often. Even when Lion-O would call with the sword, half the time the kids wouldn't even adhere to the call. What, were they temporarily blinded? Tucked up in bed with a bottle of milk? Nah man, they were probably out there kicking ass elsewhere! Their pelits are the best weapons ever! Anywayz, back to the episode. The kids find the genie, who turns on them in favour of Mummra's promise of freedom if he helps him get rid of the Thundercats.The genie ends up taking Lion-O captive and itz up to the ever so talented Thunderkittens, and cats, to help save him.