Til Death Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Their Daughter

KyL416

[21]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 56
    They filmed some episodes out of order, and since Fox doesn't care anymore, they just aired them in production order. The previous episode where Ally's 3 months pregnant doesn't take place until later this season. So get ready to be even more confused in April when they air the episode where she announces she's pregnant.
    Edited on 03/16/2010 10:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[22]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 22
    That sure is a blatant disrespect of us viewers.

MichaelSam

[23]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 10

Thank you for clearing this up somehow. I was pretty sure there were 4 different actress playing the daughter over the last 4 years. Some nights, when they air two episodes, each one has a different daughter. Really stinks and FOX is to blame. And when did they reveal Ally is pregnant? I guess that previously filmed episode will be shown in the future, after airing one whre it is has already been revealed that she is. I mean, would it have been so hard to show the episodes in the right order?

KyL416

[24]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 56
    Basically the animated episode where she's already several months pregnant was filmed earlier in the season since post production for it takes longer than the usual episodes because the time it takes to animate everything and do the voice overs. (5 minutes of live action scenes mixed with about 18 minutes of animated scenes) If it wasn't for the break after Fox bumped it and Brothers from the Friday night slots, the episode would have aired later this season as it wouldn't have been ready to air yet like the producers planned.

The episode where she announces she's pregnant as well as the rest of the pregnant Ally episodes will be aired in the correct order beginning in early April. Last Sunday's episode was the only production season 4 episode that aired out of order (not counting the production season 3 leftovers that air randomly at 7pm).

MichaelSam

[25]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 10
    Thanks for the info KyL416...very impressive

thiam1

[26]Mar 23, 2010
    • level: 8

Thanks a lot for the info, KyL. This stuff was driving me nuts. The show has been feeling like a bicycle made out of random parts found in the back of the garage.

rhezekim

[27]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 6

I just read this show was getting canceled, I think this was a good show, I loved the episodes with Doug thinking he was on a TV show. I could do without Kenny. I miss the Woodcocks. This show has had to many changes to stay on the air. Four different daughters, and then pregnant and not pregnant was too confusing, I am taking it these were played out of order, and then the blonde daughter, basically I am saying to much jumping around, FOX should have tried to keep the shows in order. I will miss Joy and Eddie, they alone are the show but FOX like other networks tries to make to many changes to quickly so you never get used to a cast member before they are gone. I will miss this show but it's time is up.

Stikkio

[28]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 13
    we are watching from the uk and it got really confusing especially with all the daughters. dont like the blonde one an definitely dont like the bird faced one who was the waitress in the one they ate the lobster in where the kept sticking the bill. didnt mind first 1 but definitely preferred the second. Didnt realise the show had been cancelled tho which makes the episode jumbles clear now. Thought they would have at least made the daughters look alike rather than radically different. The show started getting abit crappy with the intro of the lil bro kenny he was rubbish it got worse with greg and now the bits with him an birdface oh an gilbert are bloody awful at least the bits with joely an brad kinda repair the damage

haldrey

[29]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 22
    I do not like the new daughter but disregarding who is playing the daughter the show is getting funnier as the end approaches.

BabyKitten199

[30]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 7
    The last daughter was the worst one - how did that broad even get into the business?!?! She's fugly as hell & can't act her way out of a paper bag. It was bad enough that Fox showed most of the series out of order but to subject us with such a horrible actress was the last straw. Doug was a total douche bag but even he was too good for that freak show with a schnoz the size of Detroit. WGN is showing repeats & they're showing them totally out of order, too so it's just like the old days on Fox, lol.