Time Trax

(ended 1994)

Time Trax Fan Reviews (9)

7.9
  • Fine show!

6.4
    The TV series "Time Trax" has popped into my mind more than once over the past couple of years, but I never took time to look it up on the internet until now. I keep thinking how it has become more and more relevant because of how the writers selected one of Darien Lambert's crisis points to be his suffering as a minority in his own time period -- as a "Blanco", of all things. How prescient was that, in view of the rising tide of Spanish-speaking immigrants (illegal and otherwise) which many think will drown our English-speaking traditions? Remember the recent news report about the anger over the singing of "The Star Spangled Banner" in Spanish? Wasn't Darien's assignment to catch criminals in the past part of the discrimination against him? That was never said in so many words, but I thought it was implied. All the other cops (non-Blanco) got the cushy jobs in their own time period. I always liked Dale Midkiff's portrayal of Darien and have followed his TV appearances ever since. He is believable as such a nice, moral guy, but then again he can play a real slick, mean one, too.