Tin Man Forums

Syfy (Mini-Series 2007)

DG and Cain?

aksorcha16

[1]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 7

OK, im kinda just slightly confused. The series hasnt aired over here in the UK yet, but ive been trying to keep up with it any way and im kinda curious, so was there something between Cain and DG in the show or was that just something the fanfiction writers fabricated out of thin air?

cuz personally i think it would be cool if something were to be going on between them but its impossible to tell fromany of the sypnosis'

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

athevolunteer

[2]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 20
    No there isn't any romantic connection between the two characters.

oz_island

[3]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 12
    I think there may have been some unintentional tension between the two. Cain is too old to be considered anything more than a father figure to D.G. (she's like 19 in the show, and Cain's son isn't much younger than she is).

Jouai

[4]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 13
    oz_island wrote:
    I think there may have been some unintentional tension between the two. Cain is too old to be considered anything more than a father figure to D.G. (she's like 19 in the show, and Cain's son isn't much younger than she is).

THANK you.

RedJuliet

[5]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 11
    I think that it is more of a father daughter, protector protectee thing. I think that Cain feels responsible for her because her innocence reminds him of his family. He couldn't help them, but he can help her and so on. I also think that his instincts as a cop led to the intital feelings of protection that grew into actually caring for her. I would be really interested to have Cain's son meet DG and see if they hit it off...

Jouai

[6]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 13
    RedJuliet wrote:
    I think that it is more of a father daughter, protector protectee thing. I think that Cain feels responsible for her because her innocence reminds him of his family. He couldn't help them, but he can help her and so on. I also think that his instincts as a cop led to the intital feelings of protection that grew into actually caring for her. I would be really interested to have Cain's son meet DG and see if they hit it off...

Exactly. Try telling that to others and they jump on you LoL

FRamirez25

[7]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    There was never intention of romance between the characters. I just think the actors had great chemistry. Though there was a certain "hug" that was very questionable.I wouldn't mind a romance between them. DG is referred to in the series as "20 annuals", which means she's 20 years old. Cain must be 40 or in his very early 40's. His son has to be no older than 17. I'd like to think ofit as a Remus/Tonks type relationship (from the Harry Potter series). Either way is fine. I just didn't like how everyone kept referring to DG as a "kid". She's 20. I wasn't called a kid at that age.

slim324k

[8]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 12
    RedJuliet wrote:

Agree! Although Cains son and DG is a terrible idea.

house4life

[9]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 1

Spoilers included

I'd have to disagree. There was definitely some hot chemistry between the two. I think that the writers didn't make it more, because they are hoping for a series. That way they can play it out more. Oh and to me it's not father and daughter at all. I mean she already has two fathers on the show. I think that's why they killed off his wife. So if they do a series him and her are left open to each other.

FRamirez25

[10]Jan 7, 2008
    Actually, it looks like there was meant to be chemistry all along. The writers and creators talked about the subtle chemistry they purposely put in planning out the series. If they make it into a series or sequel, they want to play on the relationship between Cain and DG. So it looks like a little romance between the two is not so far-fetched, which makes me happy. They make a sweet couple.

athevolunteer

[11]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 20
    We'll there still may be hope for the Dain fans.

Bren_thy_God

[12]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 14
    Well I remember reading something with a writer who said there was no plans for DG or Cain but they did see a DG and Glitch romance. Either way I think it's gross since Glitch knew her when she was a little girl and Cain is old too, attractive but the girl was only 20 years old. Anyways if there was a continuation she should find someone new. And needs to see more of The Great Gale! Haha.

FRamirez25

[13]Dec 26, 2008
    Bren Thy God, hun. Nowhere, anywhere, has any writer ever said that about Glitch and DG. If you would actually watch and read what the writers said, they only mention Cain and DG. Either way, old news. bye bye.

FRamirez25

[14]Dec 26, 2008
    oh, and you must be 12, because its not "gross". Like fer sure.

PepperElf

[15]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 1
    "she's like 19 in the show"

Was she? I know Zooey was 27 when the show was released and Neal was 41... so if they played the characters true to age, it'd only be a 14 year difference, which isn't unheard of. But yeah they probably had her playing a younger age cos being lost without direction at 19 or 20 (the Kansas scenes) doesn't sound as bad as being lost without direction at 27.

(Plus constantly calling him "Mr." helped make her seem younger.)

But I suspect they'll just leave that relationship for the fanfics and keep it at a deep friendship. Although, it was mentioned she already had 2 fathers and didn't need a third... And I was going to agree but... in a way he's been there for her more than either of her two fathers were. Popsicle was nice, but hey he *did* get reprogrammed to favor Az, and Ahamo (even ignoring that he was kinda creepy at first) was never there for her. I just never got the feeling that there were really strong bonds between either man and DG. So in a way Cain was more of a father than Popsicle or Ahamo was. Even though it meant giving up on his Zero-Vendetta he promised to watch over her - even took a bad runner-bite and two gun shots for her. But never betrayed her or abandoned her.

So... if they do make another mini series - which I doubt - they'll probably just keep the couple as deep friends. (Though yeah, an actual relationship could be cute, especially if they played the characters to their real life ages).