Tin Man Forums

Syfy (Mini-Series 2007)

Where do you want the story to go from here?

How do you want to continue Tin Man?

athevolunteer

[1]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 20

Considering there may be a high chance that Tin Man will either get a series (much like what happened to Battlestar Galatica) how would you want it to happen? A prequel series could show the events of the war. How the LongCoats fought the Tin Men. Azkadellia would still be evil and DG would be left out (unless it showed her doing normal things at home). A sequel series could continue where the miniseries left off, and show how DG and the gang revived the O.Z. after saving it. Or another mini-series (possibly in a year from now) could be made following one of the previously stated ways of continuing the show. Personally I am leaning towards a prequel series, especially if it focused on Cain and left DG out (since most people didn't like her acting), but I think continuing where they left off wouldn't be too bad either.

Edited on 12/08/2007 9:31pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jouai

[2]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 13
    athevolunteer wrote:

Considering there may be a high chance that Tin Man will either get a series (much like what happened to Battlestar Galatica) how would you want it to happen? A prequel series could show the events of the war. How the LongCoats fought the Tin Men. Azkadellia would still be evil and DG would be left out (unless it showed her doing normal things at home). A sequel series could continue where the miniseries left off, and show how DG and the gang revived the O.Z. after saving it. Or another mini-series (possibly in a year from now) could be made following one of the previously stated ways of continuing the show. Personally I am leaning towards a prequel series, especially if it focused on Cain and left DG out (since most people didn't like her acting), but I think continuing where they left off wouldn't be too bad either.

But that's sort of being showcased in the comic book (the war/LC/TM fight, blah blah). But anyway. Honestly I'd prefer not to see how it all began because whether we know how/why or not, it's still a war, regardless. LoL

Plus, it'd be a bit boring since the Queen would be trapped by then, Ahamo would've been in hiding, Cain in his Tin Suit prison, and DG still in "denial" on the Other Side. So it isn't as though there'd be a major combating focus. Also, don't we ALREADY know why it'd begun, because the E.W.O.T.D. wanted the Emerald of the Eclipse and just used Az to get it. *Shrugs*

As for a series coming out of it, why is that the widened belief? That's the HOPE, sure, but I've just been hearing that the production for the 6 hour event had been rather expensive an investment, so they doubt that it will happen. At least not super 1-2-3 like next year or something.

And if it DOES happen, it'll use other actors to play them, since most hired, while not super A-Listers, do get their fair share amount of parts. So there'd be scheduling conflicts anyhow. And then, thus, we the fans would be a bit turned off to see new people play the characters we're already attached to.

But in regard to another miniseries, I doubt they have that intention, but after seeing how successful it was off the bat, they might honestly consider it (especially after reading various posts on the 'net of how we felt the end was dissatisfying).

So of all the possibilities, just another SEQUEL miniseries would happen (hence my vote lol)

Versus_XIII

[3]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 3
    I hope for a sequel. The ending was not satisfying for me. I actually wanted more, there was a period where I thought..there is going to be a part 4 right? lol. I want to see how they fix the OZ.

athevolunteer

[4]Dec 10, 2007
    Jouai wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:

But that's sort of being showcased in the comic book (the war/LC/TM fight, blah blah). But anyway. Honestly I'd prefer not to see how it all began because whether we know how/why or not, it's still a war, regardless. LoL

Plus, it'd be a bit boring since the Queen would be trapped by then, Ahamo would've been in hiding, Cain in his Tin Suit prison, and DG still in "denial" on the Other Side. So it isn't as though there'd be a major combating focus. Also, don't we ALREADY know why it'd begun, because the E.W.O.T.D. wanted the Emerald of the Eclipse and just used Az to get it. *Shrugs*

As for a series coming out of it, why is that the widened belief? That's the HOPE, sure, but I've just been hearing that the production for the 6 hour event had been rather expensive an investment, so they doubt that it will happen. At least not super 1-2-3 like next year or something.

And if it DOES happen, it'll use other actors to play them, since most hired, while not super A-Listers, do get their fair share amount of parts. So there'd be scheduling conflicts anyhow. And then, thus, we the fans would be a bit turned off to see new people play the characters we're already attached to.

But in regard to another miniseries, I doubt they have that intention, but after seeing how successful it was off the bat, they might honestly consider it (especially after reading various posts on the 'net of how we felt the end was dissatisfying).

So of all the possibilities, just another SEQUEL miniseries would happen (hence my vote lol)

Well first off I haven't read the comic yet so I didn't know that it was prequelish. xD But they could do a prequel even before Cain was trapped in the suit. Anyways I'm pretty sure the writers pitched Tin Man as a series, but Sci-Fi told them to do a miniseries. We'll have to see how everything plays out. Right now I'm leaning on a series (because I liked the miniseries so much), but anything will be fine as long as we get more. I haven't vote yet.

athevolunteer

[5]Dec 10, 2007
    Versus_XIII wrote:
    I hope for a sequel. The ending was not satisfying for me. I actually wanted more, there was a period where I thought..there is going to be a part 4 right? lol. I want to see how they fix the OZ.

Exactly. I felt like the last line was rushed and the credits were rolled before it could even be finished. I wanted to see Glitch get his brain and O.Z. being repaired in a way. This is why I feel there should be some kind of continuation.

The_Gnat_5000

[6]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 8
    athevolunteer wrote:
    Versus_XIII wrote:

Exactly. I felt like the last line was rushed and the credits were rolled before it could even be finished. I wanted to see Glitch get his brain and O.Z. being repaired in a way. This is why I feel there should be some kind of continuation.

At least with them not show the O.Z. being repared and returned to normal, it appears that they are leaving the option for another mini-series, or possibly a series about the O.Z. As for the last line being rushed, or cut short, I don't really remember it all that well, but again that can be seen as a symbol of continuation in that the story/dialog doesn't end when the viewer stops watching it, but life in the O.Z. continues on.

conversegirl022

[7]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 2

I'd really like a sqequel tbh.

I know it could be expensive but they could cut down on some of it, I mean there's not gonna be any mobats anymore so theres one thing.

I'd just like to see what happens to them all, and plus they could include more flashbacks of maybe Glitch, Cain and Raws past so we see more

about them that way everybody would be happy XD

fermaldehyde

[8]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    A sequel would be best, but I'd be stoked just to see it return in any way! I'm almost finished rewatching the series, and the second time around it's still awesome, and I would love to see them continue it.