Tin Man

Syfy (Mini-Series 2007)

walrus_8463

Tin Man Fan Reviews (45)

• I really like that this is not a "remake." Tin Man is a bizzare continuation of a classic story... which was bizzare on a less dark level in of itself.

I am a fan of Zooey, but have to admit that she's not the reason I watched this. Although she did help make it really work for me. I didn't like the idea of this show at first and didn't watch it until a friend handed me his DVDs and said "you're crazy so I know you'll like this too." How can you resist that? Once again our main female character is pulled into the world of Oz without having previous knowledge of its exsitance. Then she starts to realize that not only did she know of it before, but she is actually from there. Oz has changed a great deal and is in danger of perminetly becoming a place she doesn't want her homeland to be. So she gathers a bunch of misfits to help solve the mysteries of the current events and figure out her blocked memories. I loved looking for the allusions to the classic take and seeing how they altered or included them in the story. There is cheesy element in the story, but it works enough that it doesn't bother you too much. There was potental to make this story much darker, but they still kept it a family friendly show, as family friendly as SciFi can be.