Tin Man

Tin Man

Aired Weekdays 9:00 PM Dec 04, 2007 on Syfy

• A tragic doomsday is averted at the last possible moment in the finale of this mini-series.

The finale of this 3-part mini-series was well written and played out. I enjoyed seeing the drama come to a head as DG gets kidnapped, finds out her kidnapper is actually her missing father. Her friends are all taken by the kings men and rescued by Cain's son, Jeb. DG's father takes her to look for the Grey Gale via a hot air balloon, a different take on the original. They find the Grey Gale, a mausoleum, for the entire Gale clan from the very first Gale to make it to The O.Z. from The Other Side, Dorothy Gale. Upon entering the doors for Dorothy's final resting place, DG meets her predecessor and the emerald is given into her safekeeping to save The O.Z. Azkadellia then grabs the emerald and their father and locks DG in a coffin in the mausoleum and she is rescued by Cain, Raw, Glitch and Toto. In a nice spin on the original, DG gives her little encouraging speeches to Raw, Glitch and Cain before they raid the tower to stop Azkadellia's evil plan. Cain was very emotional, proving he has a soft side to go with the tough one he likes to put on. It was very nearly the disaster we feared as they rushed headlong into danger, battling Azkadellia's minions to stop the machine that will set in darkness forever. DG appeals to her sister and their childhood bond of friendship to take her hand and she'll never leave her. I had tears in my eyes as I watched Azkadellia struggle with her fear and her desire to be with her sister again. Then, finally, it is done. The wicked with melts, as in the original, nicely and DG gets to meet her real mother and Azkadellia is welcomed back into the fold with joy, happiness and relief.

This adaptation of the original was a delightful treat and had many twists to the plot to keep my interest sharp and keen. As a big fan of the original, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. If you are a fan, I recommend you watch this epic re-telling of a story of faith, hope and determination as a girl tries to overcome the many odds to bring her family back together so she can be happy and true to herself. You will be pleasantly surprised.

I cannot wait to add this little gem to my collection.