Tiny Toon Adventures Forums

FOX (ended 1993)

Fifi LaFume!!!!!

  • Avatar of Martiangrl

    Martiangrl

    [81]Jul 9, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,037

    When I first saw the episode years back, I actually didn't get that particular reference (I was more of a Marvel reader at the time). It's kind of hard for me to like or dislike Fifi as Zatanna, since she didn't actually do anything in the skit other than zap Hampton. I'm neutral about her.

    Buster, however, turned Superman into a big self-righteous jerk. Didn't care for that, though I guess it was needed to advance the story. Bat-Duck pwns them all!  

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [82]Jul 9, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    Well, I think she looks hot as Scentanna! Does anybody else? 
    Edited on 07/09/2006 6:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of passiton

    passiton

    [83]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 6,329
    I'll check back with you on that. I have to rewatch that episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [84]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    passiton wrote:
    I'll check back with you on that. I have to rewatch that episode.
    Okay.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [85]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    But still, does anybody think Fifi looks hot as Scentanna?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kitendoc

    kitendoc

    [86]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 08/16/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 11,037
    I saw that episode a few years ago, and I agree with you on that one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Martiangrl

    Martiangrl

    [87]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,037

    passiton wrote:
    I'll check back with you on that. I have to rewatch that episode.

    You can find a photo still of Fifi as Zatanna at wikipedia.org

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [88]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    kitendoc wrote:
    I saw that episode a few years ago, and I agree with you on that one.
    Oh, good! I knew you'd agree with me that Fifi looks hot as Scentanna!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [89]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    Martiangrl wrote:

    When I first saw the episode years back, I actually didn't get that particular reference (I was more of a Marvel reader at the time). It's kind of hard for me to like or dislike Fifi as Zatanna, since she didn't actually do anything in the skit other than zap Hampton. I'm neutral about her.

    Buster, however, turned Superman into a big self-righteous jerk. Didn't care for that, though I guess it was needed to advance the story. Bat-Duck pwns them all!  

    But why did she zap Hamton? Does anybody know?

    Edited on 07/10/2006 4:46pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kitendoc

    kitendoc

    [90]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 08/16/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 11,037
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    Martiangrl wrote:

    When I first saw the episode years back, I actually didn't get that particular reference (I was more of a Marvel reader at the time). It's kind of hard for me to like or dislike Fifi as Zatanna, since she didn't actually do anything in the skit other than zap Hampton. I'm neutral about her.

    Buster, however, turned Superman into a big self-righteous jerk. Didn't care for that, though I guess it was needed to advance the story. Bat-Duck pwns them all!  

    But why did she zap Hamton? Does anybody know?

    Maybe she thought that the whistling thing was overrated, I think.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of passiton

    passiton

    [91]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 6,329
    Martiangrl wrote:

    passiton wrote:
    I'll check back with you on that. I have to rewatch that episode.

    You can find a photo still of Fifi as Zatanna at wikipedia.org



    Thanks for the tip.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of passiton

    passiton

    [92]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/05
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 6,329
    And now I can say that she does indeed look hot as Scentanna.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [93]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    kitendoc wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    Martiangrl wrote:

    When I first saw the episode years back, I actually didn't get that particular reference (I was more of a Marvel reader at the time). It's kind of hard for me to like or dislike Fifi as Zatanna, since she didn't actually do anything in the skit other than zap Hampton. I'm neutral about her.

    Buster, however, turned Superman into a big self-righteous jerk. Didn't care for that, though I guess it was needed to advance the story. Bat-Duck pwns them all!  

    But why did she zap Hamton? Does anybody know?

    Maybe she thought that the whistling thing was overrated, I think.

    That's a good possible reason.

    Edited on 07/11/2006 4:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [94]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    Who disliked that part in "Out of Odor" where Elmyra successfully removed Fifi's stink by squishing tomatoes all over her?????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kitendoc

    kitendoc

    [95]Jul 10, 2006
    • member since: 08/16/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 11,037
    Squishing tomatoes all over her.
    (BTW, check out my new topic on the forum about making up your own pop culture reference in TTA.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [96]Jul 11, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    kitendoc wrote:
    Squishing tomatoes all over her. (BTW, check out my new topic on the forum about making up your own pop culture reference in TTA.)
    Are you saying that you disliked that part?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kitendoc

    kitendoc

    [97]Jul 11, 2006
    • member since: 08/16/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 11,037
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    kitendoc wrote:
    Squishing tomatoes all over her. (BTW, check out my new topic on the forum about making up your own pop culture reference in TTA.)
    Are you saying that you disliked that part?
    I just hated that part and the fact that it's not true.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [98]Jul 11, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040
    kitendoc wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    kitendoc wrote:
    Squishing tomatoes all over her. (BTW, check out my new topic on the forum about making up your own pop culture reference in TTA.)
    Are you saying that you disliked that part?
    I just hated that part and the fact that it's not true.
    Not only is it not true, but it's also very sad and heartbreaking. I really feel sorry for poor Fifi! She, like other skunks, can't do without her stink! I'm tellin' you once more, DON'T WATCH THAT EPISODE!!!!!!
    Edited on 07/11/2006 6:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tkerekes13

    Tkerekes13

    [99]Jul 11, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 11,040

    Again, why did Fifi (as Scentanna) zap Hamton in "Just-Us League of Supertoons"?

    Edited on 07/11/2006 6:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Martiangrl

    Martiangrl

    [100]Jul 11, 2006
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,037

    Hampton did a classic "male-bugs-out-when-seeing-pretty-girl" wild take. Guess she didn't care for it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.