Tiny Toon Adventures

FOX (ended 1993)

passiton

Tiny Toon Adventures Fan Reviews (51)

• A Great Way To Commemorate Bugs Bunny's Debut.

It's among the best shows to emerge from Warner Bros. Animation. I learned some facts about it that I probably still never would have if it weren't for the Wikipedia article, like about how this was originally intended to be a movie. Also, this series was created to coincide with and commemorate what was at the time this premiered, the 50th anniversary of Bugs Bunny's first short, "A Wild Hare". This is just such a brilliantly well-done cartoon.

One of the reasons why I've always loved Tiny Toons is because of GoGo DoDo, who is my most favorite character. He's the definitive, quintessential rep of animation and the ways he provides that coming from him cartoonish realm of Wackyland are what make him so cool. And he's got to be the most cartoonish of the cast. I like how there's been some episodes that hark back to a common theme of the classic era Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts (e.g. the "Hollywood Plucky" episode being a homage to and reminiscent of "Hollywood Steps Out", "Daffy Duck In Hollywood", "I Ought To Be In Pictures", etc.) and here are some interesting things about which I thought. Such as how the ghost from one of the "Return To The Acme Acres Zone" segments could be the successor of the ghost from the "Jeepers Creepers" short; whereas Furball was silent (save for the typical cat sounds) throughout most of the program's run and spoke rarely, how often Sylvester did and didn't speak was reversed, as he was known for talking more often than not and the few featurettes in which he appeared with him having no lines; and episodes that featured the '30s characters Bosko, Honey, Foxy, Roxy and Goopy Geer were my introduction to them. I wouldn't see any of their cartoons until years later and I didn't know until coming across the history behind Bosko and Honey on the net that they had designs differing from those in the episode in which they appeared, "Fields of Honey".

Anyway, to fill in the info for those who may be reading this and are new to the show, it's about a group of younger cartoon characters who aspire to follow in the footsteps of the Looney Tunes characters and learn how to be funny by attending a cartoon comedy school known as Acme Looniversity (or Acme Loo). Among the attendants and their idols who are staffed there are Buster and Babs Bunny (who are fans of Bugs), Plucky Duck (fan of Daffy), Hamton Pig (fan of Porky) and more. Most of the cast aren't related to them (with the exceptions of GoGo being the son of the dodo, who's now known as YoYo, from "Porky In Wackyland" and Marcia Martian (who appeared once) being the niece of Marvin The Martian. Most episodes of this show are packages of three shorts or segments made for the then-new generation and were brought to weekday afternoon or Saturday morning t.v. For all those who may already be well- familiar with the LT/MM featurettes from the classic era and others who may detract the show due to it (in some of your minds and as far as y'all are concerned) not being as funny as those, that it's lacking/missing something or whatever other reasons, I say check it out anyway because of some episodes paying tribute to the Warner Bros. cartoon shorts of yore, as well as other episodes having pop culture parodies. Tom Ruegger (with, I think, executive production from Steven Spielberg) did a great job bringing this to light. I proclaim this to be one of the best cartoons of not only the '90s, but all time. And all I just typed are why I recommend it.