Titan Maximum

Pilot

Aired Unknown Sep 27, 2009 on Adult Swim

7.9
  • A group of teenagers form the Force Five, a group dedicated to protecting their base of a moon of Saturn. Then their funds are pulled.

I was able to catch this episode on youtube last night and I have to say, I like where the show is going. It's maybe not as funny as Robot Chicken's rapid and ever changing humor, but you can see the heart behind it. Done by Robot Chicken men Matt Senreich and Tom Root, you can see the college boy humor they often bring try to bring to Robot Chicken. As you may already know, Titan is a parody of various Japanimation shows featuring teenagers as space cadets piloting large ships, that become robots to save the world. Examples would be Voltron or such. While I know this, does the general American audience? Maybe this is where the show fails, not for me but for a larger viewing audience. Either way had I not known about these types of shows there's a good chance I still might have found this funny. Hell, the relationship on Gibbs and Palmer could be a parody to Kirk and Spock, right?