T.J. Hooker

ABC (ended 1986)

lordbowler

T.J. Hooker Fan Reviews (5)

• T.J. Hooker was the best cop show in my opinion for many reasons.

Firstly, the storylines and action scenes were very good. But the thing I liked most was seeing the superb William Shatner playing Hooker.

Hooker was human. He was divorced from his wife because of his dedication to the job. He was a great mentor to rookie officers and he always cared about the victims of crime. And he was persistent when it came to chasing the villains. In Hookers eyes, no crime was minor and every victim of crime was a human being with feelings.

It would be so hard to recommend certain episodes because they were all good. The 3rd episode of season 1 was good-Hooker was on the trail of two drug dealers who had killed a young girl. His dedication was second to none as he pursued the bad guys.

A great show. Hooker is the type of police officer I hope exists in real life.
  • T.J. Hooker was one of the best shows of the 80s.

A very good premise and excellent execution. With Captain Kirk patrolling the streets hunting down the scum of the city was enticing enough for me to watch it. Heather Locklear was the hot tv chick back then. This show was on for 4 years. This was one good drama show. William Shatner was a real draw for the show. It may look old now, because of the change in culture. Things have changed since then, the way dialogue are written are different. It may look cheesy. To give merit to the show, it had a good hook, T.J. going after the bad guys was a real treat. I\'ll give it minus 1 point coz it\'s a little old.
  • Absolutelty fantastic

When i first heard about TJ Hooker i thought it would be another crappy 80's copshow with over the top acting and over dramatic storylines. But i was suprised, its not crap it is absolutely fantastic, the storylines are inventive. The characters are likeable. Every day at 4.00 i turn on the tv and cant want for TJ Hooker and i want to watch more and more because it is becoming more and more addictive. I like the original storyline and how the episodes are themed. I love the shootouts and the action. This show is my new favourite cop show!! 10/10
  • i cannot believe anyone took it seriously

4.6
    i can not believe any one took this show seriously. to watch it now you would think it was a comedy not a crime drama. william shatner is the funniest actor there is in my opinion. his price line commercials where he did the lounge singing thing were the funniest advertisements ever. the best thing about tj hooker was heather locklear. god she was fine. the worst thing about tj hooker was adrian zmed, what a dork.
  • A really good cop show. God bless Heather Locklear.

A really good cop show. God bless Heather Locklear. This was more than a pretty good television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity