TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

iMpact Wrestling Discussion

telvisnostic

[21]Feb 28, 2010
    • level: 52
    Lance Storm sent the following in to Wrestling Observer:

Just listening to WOR and have to say this.

I think Ken Anderson has been so GOD AWFUL on promos it's a channel changer for me.

His promo last week with angle actually made me turn the show off after Angle's awesome promo, and this week he talked forever in his first promo and I could not have possibly cared less.

He is doing the flippant Too Cool for School goof ball character, which in my opinion is the worst possible character. He makes light of absolutely everything as if it doesn't matter than ultimately it ends up not mattering.

Last week after Kurt was so hot at him for spitting on the USA and Dead Soldiers, Anderson came out with this goofy who cares flippant personality. HOW does that draw money? He treated it like a joke and thus it became one.

This week his promo with Christy went on forever and I ended up not having a clue what he was talking about, but when you go back and look he actually talked about laying out Kurt, spitting on America and going after a title tonight (TWO MAJOR ISSUES) yet finished off flippantly talking about fighting gorillas to the point we forgot his issue with Kurt and his title match with Rob. Almost a textbook example of a BAD promo.

Then they bury the Kurt program even deeper by having Anderson cut another f***ing promo while Kurt stands behind him for over a minute with a chair. If Kurt gave a flying f*** about Anderson laying him out or spitting on America why didn't he hit him right away rather than waiting for a minute for the comedy pop of watching Kurt stand behind him while Anderson was unaware.

This show was horrible and Anderson's character and promo work are ATROCIOUS. Yes he talks well but he buries the entire program with the way in which his talks and carries himself. He is my least favourite character on the show and that covers a lot of ground because this entire show SUCKS.

Also I can't believe no one pointed out that Anderson was KILLED by one chair shot (yes Bryan pointed this out) BUT Abyss was hit with 3 or 4 and was still on his feet later in the show. I could book a better show with a WEEGEE board.

Lance

Link
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AgeofCJ

[22]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 6
    Mr Anderson is not the problem in TNA, not even close. The Nasty Boys, The "Band", Kevin Nash, Abyss, and a heel AJ Styles has almost made TNA unbearable. AJ Styles is one of the worst heels I've ever seen in pro wrestling, he can't even get a reaction alongside the nature boy. The Nasty boys are just awful all around, The "Band" is washed up and old, Nash can't even walk, Abyss has never been interesting even with the great James Mitchell.

You give me a face AJ Styles and get rid of the other and TNA would be awesome.

JandSman

[23]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 32
    I think TNA March 15th will get low ratings because i believe it's taped.

telvisnostic

[24]Mar 4, 2010
    AgeofCJ wrote:
    Mr Anderson is not the problem in TNA, not even close. The Nasty Boys, The "Band", Kevin Nash, Abyss, and a heel AJ Styles has almost made TNA unbearable. AJ Styles is one of the worst heels I've ever seen in pro wrestling, he can't even get a reaction alongside the nature boy. The Nasty boys are just awful all around, The "Band" is washed up and old, Nash can't even walk, Abyss has never been interesting even with the great James Mitchell.

he gets a reaction. It's just mixed. And Mr. Anderson on the mic has been OK. Read what Storm said again. He said that his promos are killing the feud between he and Angle, which is true. This angle/story or whatever is very good, but Anderson's promos are killing it.

And I'll have to say no about Abyss too. Abyss is good, it's just that they have **** on his character so much so that he's a shell of his former self. Now they have to rebuild him again. It's stupid really.

AJ's heel persona this time around, #3 it is, is so bad that it's good. His first heel term when the show started was good, his second one as Prince AJ was excellent, this time, it's just stinky. He's being force fed as a heel who is like a little Naitch and that's not him. He shouldn't talk though, Flair should be the one to talk for him. That's better. Everything else I agree with. And I think they need a better writer for the show or at least some one new.

telvisnostic

[25]Mar 4, 2010
    JandSman wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not.

Crulex1369

[26]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 26

I could swear they are killing Abyss's character week after week. He starts off as a freak of nature with an amazing manager (The reason I started watching TNA). Then he loses the manager and goes crazy on his own (Fine, plus it gave us El Mesias for a little while, totally worth it).Then he talks (alright), then he's a crazy guy in white (Not good.), then a cowardly idiotin flannel (really not good) and finally a Hulk Hogan fanboy. Can TNA please give us the real Monster with chains, glass and tacksagain?

JandSman

[27]Mar 8, 2010
    telvisnostic wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Also i heard WWE maybe 3 hours and i agree with Crulex. Is anyone going to watch TNA live tonight i'm going to DVR it and then watch it right after Raw

telvisnostic

[28]Mar 8, 2010
    If I'm not feeling better, I'll be home to watch it.

telvisnostic

[29]Mar 8, 2010
    Will you be watching WWE Raw and/or TNA Impact tonight? Votes

I'm watching WWE Raw only. 18%

I'm watching TNA Impact only. 15%

I'm watching WWE Raw live, and will be recording TNA Impact. 11%

I'm watching TNA Impact live, and will be recording WWE Raw. 14%

I will be watching Raw live, but flipping to Impact during commercial breaks. 12%

I will be watching Impact live, but flipping to Raw during commercial breaks. 10%

I will flip back and forth between the two shows. 17%

I won't be watching either show tonight. 3%

786 votes total

ProWrestling.Net
    Edited on 03/08/2010 12:52pm

GoofyGoober88

[30]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 16
    AgeofCJ wrote:

I Think AJ should be building his own heel gimmick & stop copying Flairs...AJ is a christian & he just looks awkward being like Flair.

Randyspeeps

[31]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 34

Abyss is annoying. When Hogan or Bishoff referred to him as TNA's John Cena, I lol'd. His current storyline is terrible. Everything about Abyss at this point annoys me,which is sad, because I used to find his character interesting.

I don't care what anyone says, I don't mind Ric Flair wrestling at his age, Hogan on the other hand I have a problem with. My only problem with Flair is the fact thathe's wrestling after the amazing send off the WWE gave him.

Edited on 03/08/2010 5:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

lakmisdra

[32]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 8

RVD!! I was pleasantly surprised to see him on Impact tonight. Is AJ still champ? I haven't heard him mentioned as it really tonight, I have been flipping back and forth though.

telvisnostic

[33]Mar 8, 2010
    I missed the last hour, but I did enjoy most of the first hour.

JandSman

[34]Mar 8, 2010
    It was an alright show i had problems with it but i had problems with WWE show as well.

Crulex1369

[35]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 26

Save_Us_RVD! Yes!!!! I would love to see a Sting/RVD feud!

Randyspeeps

[36]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I missed the last hour, but I did enjoy most of the first hour.
    In my opinion the last hour was the best part of the show.

TNA did a tremendous job of turning Sting heel.

telvisnostic

[37]Mar 9, 2010
    My thoughts on the show as it happened:

- The opening match of Hulk Hogan and Abyss vs. AJ Styles and Ric Flair ended in a no contest after Sting made his return and shocked the world by attacking Hogan and Abyss! Hogan promised Flair and Styles that the match would be restarted later, under NO DQ rules.

-With all the hype of that viral video TNA did on the interwebz, they didn't deliver, but they did. What they did was they got people who normally don't watch the show to tune in to the first 5 and then to get regulars like myself to just watch it like they normally do.

-Hogan, no matter how badly in shape he might be, or how much he doesn't need to wrestle, made that match interesting by just being there.

-Flair and AJ did their thing. AJ has to find a way to stand out from Flair, but still not overshadow Flair threw promos and wrestling. He and Abyss worked well and I thought the opening segment did it's job. It got people interested in those last extra 8 minutes to see what would happen.

-When people get older, do they bleed easier? Because Hogan and Flair seem to be that way.

-If you've watched wrestling for a long time, you would have seen Sting's heel turn as clear as day. I liked it and was so waiting for a run-in.

- Later, cameras found Sting backstage, who was confronted by TNA President Dixie Carter. Sting shoved Carter out of the way and told her he didn't owe her anything!

-Sting shoving Dixie was interesting to say the least. She did look legit scared though.

- X Division Champion Doug Williams defeated Kazarian and Daniels in a 3-Way Match. The bout was made by Eric Bischoff. After the match, Shannon Moore made his TNA return and attacked Doug Williams! Bischoff then announced that Williams would defend the X Title against Shannon Moore at Destination X!

-Kaz should not talk again ever. Christopher Daniels' lukewarm reaction from the fans was sad. The cat has been involved in almost all the most exciting moments of the X-Division. And the fans should be ashamed for that. Someone on another site said that it's sad that his title reign length from 2005 is still in tact? What the bloody hell does that mean? I guess HTM's Intercontinental Title longest reign from decades ago is silly too? Shut the **** up!

-Doug Williams, who is just superb in every way possible, was solid in this match. It was a short match that is slowly making the division mean something again.

-Poor Shannon Moore, who my sister was wondering about who he was, came to the sounds of not just crickets, but grasshoppers. He's good, but much like Kendrick, why does he get an automatic bid to the belt?

- Backstage, a very serious TNA President Dixie Carter announced that Sting would be competing on the broadcast against an opponent of her choosing!

-Meh.

- The Beautiful People defeated Taylor Wilde and Sarita and the tandem of Angelina Love and Tara to win the vacant TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship when Daffney interfered and cost Tara the bout.

-Wait a second, they didn't give Hamada a chance to get a new partner, so they shafted her out of a match, WTF?

-The Beautiful People are decent. Sarita-Wild got new outfits. And Love/Tara are now 'best friends', who would have thunk it huh?

-The match itself was way too short. Angelina Love looked great in her outfit. Thank goodness she's wearing clothes. Tara, who I love as a wrestler, just seems so out of place in this company. I do love me some Daffney getting in her licks to make sure she gets a title match soon. Daffney for champ. -It was fairly obvious that they are going the way of sexy people as champs when TBP won. Hope they defend those Titles.

- Sting came out for his match...and his opponent was the debuting ROB VAN DAM!! Van Dam surprised Sting by coming in through the crowd and hitting The Icon with a dropkick off the top followed by his rolling thunder for the quick pin and win! After the bout, an irate Sting battered RVD with his black bat until a bloodied Hulk Hogan came out to confront his longtime nemesis! Hulk was held back by Bubba The Love Sponge and TNA security. However, Sting went after Hogan and nailed him with the bat on the stage before leaving the arena! Complete chaos! RVD won his surprise TNA debut, but Sting cut short the celebration with the attack.

-As my sister and I were getting ready to leave for the gym, I told her I knew who Sting's opponent would be. She asked me who is would be and I said Rob Van Dam. And it was him. she told me I've been watching pro-wrestling for too long. He won in what, 30 seconds? Did I care, nope, because Rob Van dam is annoying.

-If he's so 'special', why did he get **** on for what, 5 minutes, before Hogan came out to tell him (Sting) to stop beating RVD up? This segment I didn't like too much.

- Kevin Nash and Eric Young came out to talk about Scott Hall and Sean Waltman. Nash said he got Hulk Hogan to agree to let Nash and Waltman face Nash and Young at Destination X! Nash called them out to accept the challenge. After security hit the ring, Hall and Waltman came out to give their answer - they accepted, and said if they won, they wanted big TNA contracts! Eric Bischoff appeared on the big screen and made the match official at the PPV - and after some brawling between both sides, announced Eric Young vs. Waltman on the broadcast! In the impromptu match, Eric Young beat Waltman!

-Too much crap here. Sean can still go, so just have him battle Young and get it over with. Or as I see it at the PPV, Nash will turn on Young, because you know that's how they do.

-Also too much Bischoff.

- A U.S. Army humvee pulled up in the backstage area, with members of the Army lining the ringside entrance ramp - followed by the entrance of Kurt Angle! Angle spoke candidly about his ongoing war with Mr. Anderson, promising to annihilate Mr. Anderson at Destination X! Anderson interrupted on the big screen, but Angle ran to the backstage area and attacked him. The fight went to the ring, where Angle fought off Anderson and even let the troops get some shots in before hitting the Angle Slam on Anderson and waving the U.S. flag over him. The troops then lifted Angle on their shoulders in celebration.

-I didn't watch. Anderson is boring.

- In a handicap match made by Eric Bischoff, Beer Money faced Jeff Jarrett with Mick Foley as special referee! During the bout, Foley tried to help Jarrett even the odds by bringing out the barbed wire bat, but another referee took it away. allowing Beer Money to get the win on Jarrett!

-It did what it was supposed to do? BMI are now heels?! Too many tweeners.

- The main event was the restart of Hulk Hogan and Abyss vs. Ric Flair and AJ Styles! While a bloodied Hogan and Flair went after each other, Styles and Abyss faced off! After some major brawling, Hogan sent Styles into Abyss, who hit the Black Hole Slam for the win!

-Decent match.

- After the bout, Desmond Wolfe hit the ring and attacked Hogan and Abyss with a steel chair, allowing Flair and Styles to restart their attack. However, in a huge surprise, "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy made his TNA return to save Hogan and Abyss as "iMPACT!"

-I'm calling it now, Wolfie will be in a faction soon with Flair and AJ. It has to happen. They are too good to not be put together to go after Abyss and DiNero.

-The unprotected chair shot bothered me. They should stop that. Have we not learned from the Benoit thing with his brain? Also I think Flair had trouble holding the chair.

-They did get you tuned in for next week to see if Jeff did his Swanton on them. -I think they did a decent job of hyping up Destination X, because GM vs MCMG in an UX Match should be killer. MCMG are bump machines and are innovative so that's a cool thing there.

*disclaimer, all the stuff in italics is from TNA Wrestling*
    Edited on 03/09/2010 4:09pm

GoofyGoober88

[38]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 16
    I Would love to see a RVD/AJ match at some point hmm, I Would order that PPV for that match alone

telvisnostic

[39]Mar 9, 2010
    Great side by side thing to read here.

telvisnostic

[40]Mar 10, 2010
    Q1: 0.99 rating - Hulk Hogan, Abyss, A.J. Styles, Ric Flair, Sting appearance

Q2: 0.98 rating - Sting and Dixie backstage, Styles and Flair, X Division setup and match

Q3: 1.00 rating - Continuation of X Division match, Shannon Moore run-in, Dixie Carter, Beautiful People tease

Q4: 1.07 rating - Knockouts Tag Title match, Tazz teases RVD, RVD vs. Sting

Q5: 1.07 rating - Sting and Hogan confrontation, Kevin Nash, Eric Young, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman

Q6: 1.03 rating - Young vs. Waltman, Ken Anderson and Kurt Angle

Q7: 0.95 rating - Bubba The Love Sponge with Hogan, Beer Money vs. Jeff Jarrett

Q8: 0.76 rating - Beer Money vs. Jarrett conclusion, Hulk and Brooke Hogan, Hogan and Abyss vs. Flair and Styles

Overrun: 1.01 rating - The bulk of the main event match, various run-ins, Jeff Hardy save.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10010730.shtml

----------

Well the girls still got it.