TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

iMpact Wrestling Discussion

  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [61]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850
    How did you guys feel about the Orlando Jordan segment? I thought it was edgy and pushing the envelope, so it gets a thumbs up in my book. I read that a lot of guys in the back didn't like it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [62]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    I thought it was alright because of his music. I like the song. Other than that, what purpose will it serve? Who is she targeting? Why should we care? The fact that they lost over 100,000 viewers with that segment alone...
    But because people viewed the video on their youtube site over a million times, they'll think it's a hit.
    If OJ wants to do it and do his thing in the ring, that's fine. ===============

    Abyss needs to stop yelling in his promos. It's like listening to Christian, it's very annoying.
    Edited on 04/05/2010 5:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [63]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850

    telvisnostic wrote:
    I thought it was alright because of his music. I like the song. Other than that, what purpose will it serve? Who is she targeting? Why should we care? The fact that they lost over 100,000 viewers with that segment alone... But because people viewed the video on their youtube site over a million times, they'll think it's a hit. If OJ wants to do it and do his thing in the ring? =============== Abyss needs to stop yelling in his promos. It's like listening to Christian, it's very annoying.
    I had no idea they lost over 100,000 viewers. In that case it can't be good for business. I don't think they are targeting anyone, I think they just wanted to push the envelope and get people talking, considering the video got viewed over a million times says something, but not as much as them losing viwers.


    Abyss needs to be fired.


    Is Robert Roode the son of Rick Rude?

    Edited on 04/05/2010 5:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [64]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    Yep that's how many viewers they lost. And pushing the envelope is one thing, but one must capitalize on it. It's the same gimmick he pushed with his former employer before he got fired.
    It reminds me of the Willow/Tara thing on Buffy. When they did it, it was a shock because she was on the rebound, but then they capitalized on it and made it work. TNA needs to make a decision on how they will capitalize on this.


    Abyss needs to be re-packaged again. He's been neutered.
    Nope, Roode isn't related to the late Rick Rude.
    Rob Terry is HUGE!
    Edited on 04/05/2010 5:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [65]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Abyss needs to be re-packaged again. He's been neutered.
    Nope, Roode isn't related to the late Rick Rude.
    He needs James Mitchell tbh. I loved his character then.

    I can't wait until Rob Terry loses the Global Championship.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [66]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    Oh Mr. Mitchell was the man.
    Terry is being made into a modern day Goldberg, but without the chants.
    And this Lockbox this is awful. Why does TNA feel the need to make the easiest things so complicated. Tara wins and no one cares.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [67]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850

    I agree that the whole Lockbox idea is pointless.


    Daffney is very impressive, ODB really needs a pair of shorts, and Lacey Von Erich should retire.


    Edited on 04/05/2010 5:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [68]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    Yeah I adore Daffney. She's pretty good. ODB needs to close her shirt too and Lacey should just go away and have her family train her.

    And they really should stop telling Tenay that they're going to stay on for the entire segment when they rarely ever do. It's rather annoying.

    Taz is annoying, not sure why, but he just is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [69]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    Well that was quite a good ladder match. The choking thing was crazy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [70]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850
    telvisnostic wrote:

    And they really should stop telling Tenay that they're going to stay on for the entire segment when they rarely ever do. It's rather annoying.

    After they say that they usually cut to a commercial break
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [71]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    I know. It's crazy isn't it?
    Let's hope MCMG don't get screwed over again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [72]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    Good to know that MCMg didn't get screwed.
    And Team 3D vs The Band next week? I smell a Dream coming through next week.
    Lace stripping was awful.
    Angelina Love vs Velvet Sky...bring it on!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Randyspeeps

    Randyspeeps

    [73]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 16,850
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Good to know that MCMg didn't get screwed.
    And Team 3D vs The Band next week? I smell a Dream coming through next week.
    Lace stripping was awful.
    Angelina Love vs Velvet Sky...bring it on!
    Anything she does is awful.

    I found the ending a little odd.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [74]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    Yep it was a bit odd.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wdprince

    wdprince

    [75]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 12/08/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 826

    telvisnostic wrote:
    And pushing the envelope is one thing, but one must capitalize on it.


    like how they did that first blood match last week between tara and daffney? the match was perfect until the ending, i hated it. the conclusion was too sudden and bland, and you could barely see any blood on daffney until she starts licking it off her hand. tna has been having this problem a lot lately; they make up promising matches and angles, yet they always fall short or fail horribly ( i.e. main event mafia)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [76]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    wdprince wrote:

    telvisnostic wrote:
    And pushing the envelope is one thing, but one must capitalize on it.


    like how they did that first blood match last week between tara and daffney? the match was perfect until the ending, i hated it. the conclusion was too sudden and bland, and you could barely see any blood on daffney until she starts licking it off her hand. tna has been having this problem a lot lately; they make up promising matches and angles, yet they always fall short or fail horribly ( i.e. main event mafia)

    Exactly. The plan is there in the beginning, but they seem to be lost on how to end it without looking and sounding like idiots.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [77]Apr 6, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    :
    Q1: 0.87 rating - Christy Hemme explains the rules of the Knockouts match, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Team Flair, Jeff Hardy, and Rob Van Dam in-ring segment

    Q2: 0.85 rating - Continuation of the opening segment, RVD vs. James Storm

    Q3: 0.98 rating - Jeff Hardy saves RVD, Robert Roode attacks Hardy, Hemme interviews the Knockouts, Rob Terry vs. Homicide, Knockouts lockbox challenge

    Q4: 0.93 rating - Lockbox challenge continuation, Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle ladder match

    Q5: 0.81 rating - Angle vs. Anderson continuation, Jeremy Borash interviews Hulk Hogan, Bubba The Love Sponge and Jay Lethal show up

    Q6: 0.88 rating - Hemme interviews Matt Morgan, Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D

    Q7: 0.73 rating - The Band promo, Pope interview with Desmond Wolfe interruption, Douglas Williams vs. Generation Me

    Q8: 0.70 rating - Shannon Moore attacks Williams, Beautiful People backstage, Team 3D interview, D'Angelo Dinero vs. Desmond Wolfe,

    Overrun: 0.97 rating - Knockouts open the lockboxes, http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10011234.shtml
    My girls did it again and The Band promo got terrible ratings! Yes, yes, yes!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crulex1369

    Crulex1369

    [78]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 09/30/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,477

    telvisnostic wrote:
    :
    Q1: 0.87 rating - Christy Hemme explains the rules of the Knockouts match, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Team Flair, Jeff Hardy, and Rob Van Dam in-ring segment Q2: 0.85 rating - Continuation of the opening segment, RVD vs. James Storm Q3: 0.98 rating - Jeff Hardy saves RVD, Robert Roode attacks Hardy, Hemme interviews the Knockouts, Rob Terry vs. Homicide, Knockouts lockbox challenge Q4: 0.93 rating - Lockbox challenge continuation, Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle ladder match Q5: 0.81 rating - Angle vs. Anderson continuation, Jeremy Borash interviews Hulk Hogan, Bubba The Love Sponge and Jay Lethal show up Q6: 0.88 rating - Hemme interviews Matt Morgan, Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D Q7: 0.73 rating - The Band promo, Pope interview with Desmond Wolfe interruption, Douglas Williams vs. Generation Me Q8: 0.70 rating - Shannon Moore attacks Williams, Beautiful People backstage, Team 3D interview, D'Angelo Dinero vs. Desmond Wolfe, Overrun: 0.97 rating - Knockouts open the lockboxes, http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10011234.shtml
    My girls did it again and The Band promo got terrible ratings! Yes, yes, yes!


    So Daffney's extremely sexy striptease, the knockout's matchand Rob Terry killing Homicide was the best thing to come outofTNA lastMonday? Haha! That's kinda funny.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of telvisnostic

    telvisnostic

    [79]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 25,288
    It's weird isn't it? She didn't strip, but people sure wanted to see Lacey do it. And Rob Terry is being booked as an undefeated manster with a semi good repertoire. Homicide needs to just go back to LAX. Or change his name.

    The 3 highest segments:

    Q3: 0.98 rating - Jeff Hardy saves RVD, Robert Roode attacks Hardy, Hemme interviews the Knockouts, Rob Terry vs. Homicide, Knockouts lockbox challenge

    -No matter how annoying Jeff is, he still draws. The interview with the Knockouts was meh. The Lockbox challenge was so awful. But I had to support my girls.

    Q4: 0.93 rating - Lockbox challenge continuation, Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle ladder match

    -That Ladder match and RVD vs Roode saved the show really.

    Overrun: 0.97 rating - Knockouts open the lockboxes

    -That segment could have been saved for next week to get people to tune in.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qfrodri85

    qfrodri85

    [80]Apr 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 11,091
    I think TNA actually put the Rob Terry match in between two Knockouts segments to guarantee higher ratings and justify his push.

    Terry needs more chairshots to the head.
    Edited on 04/10/2010 12:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.