TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

iMpact Wrestling Discussion

telvisnostic

[81]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 52
    You're right about that. And although he is getting people to cheer for him, he's no Goldberg.
    Edited on 04/10/2010 10:31am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Crulex1369

[82]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 26

telvisnostic wrote:
    You're right about that. And although he is getting people to cheer for him, he's no Goldberg.

No, he's no Goldberg, but at least he's one of the fewTNA grownguys getting pushed along with AJ. I'll take Rob Terry over Hogan, Flair, and Hardy any day. Hell, I can't wait until Joe gets back to clear that place up.

JandSman

[83]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 32
    I think every since Hogan came to TNA the show quality has gone down a lot. Anyone agree with me or disagree?

telvisnostic

[84]Apr 11, 2010
    I think he has too much input. Personally I'd like to see him, Eric, The Band and Russo all go away and get someone else.

Dutch Mantell said it best:

The Post and Courier wrote:
    Mantell had worked behind the scenes as a writer and agent for TNA since 2003, and had made a number of valuable contributions, not the least of which was helping create the popular TNA Knockouts division and bringing in Awesome Kong.

But in July 2009, Mantell was released by the company, and he returned to Puerto Rico to work for the IWA.

Mantell says declining ratings for TNA portend an even bleaker future for the company.

"I told Jeff Jarrett that his big mistake was allowing bigger con men than him to get in there. That's what he did," says Mantell.

"Before Jeff, Cornette and I left, we had this thing up to a 1.3 for three weeks in a row. When we left, you could almost track the demise of TNA from July 31 backwards. They dropped it down to a .9. And it's continued to drop."

"I don't think they know their audience. In their eyes, if you don't understand it, it's not the writing, it's you. The joke seems to be on them. I've been around a lot of offices with the death knell, and the TNA office has got the death knell about it. The only money they're really making is off Spike, and if Spike balks, they're screwed."

"What a war this has turned out to be," laughs Mantell. "This hasn't even been a border skirmish yet. How can you have a war when one side doesn't even know it's going on?"

Randyspeeps

[85]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 34
    telvisnostic wrote:
    I think he has too much input. Personally I'd like to see him, Eric, The Band and Russo all go away and get someone else.

Dutch Mantell said it best:

The Post and Courier wrote:
    Mantell had worked behind the scenes as a writer and agent for TNA since 2003, and had made a number of valuable contributions, not the least of which was helping create the popular TNA Knockouts division and bringing in Awesome Kong.

But in July 2009, Mantell was released by the company, and he returned to Puerto Rico to work for the IWA.

Mantell says declining ratings for TNA portend an even bleaker future for the company.

"I told Jeff Jarrett that his big mistake was allowing bigger con men than him to get in there. That's what he did," says Mantell.

"Before Jeff, Cornette and I left, we had this thing up to a 1.3 for three weeks in a row. When we left, you could almost track the demise of TNA from July 31 backwards. They dropped it down to a .9. And it's continued to drop."

"I don't think they know their audience. In their eyes, if you don't understand it, it's not the writing, it's you. The joke seems to be on them. I've been around a lot of offices with the death knell, and the TNA office has got the death knell about it. The only money they're really making is off Spike, and if Spike balks, they're screwed."

"What a war this has turned out to be," laughs Mantell. "This hasn't even been a border skirmish yet. How can you have a war when one side doesn't even know it's going on?"
    Nicely put.

Not only do they have too much input, they have too much air time.

telvisnostic

[86]Apr 12, 2010
    The interesting thing that I see is that before Hogan and his homies came in, the show was actually getting better. I think they could have gone the route of just hiring Hervey/Bischoff's entertainment company to just solely promote the show/company that is TNA.

TNA ReAction was actually good. I still think it should have aired on Thursday to get more people to tune in. With all the experience thse people have had around the monster that is the WWE, you'd think they'd pick that up.

So far the show has been decent and the Kaz/Moore match was rather good.

wdprince

[87]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 21

thanks a lot hogan, thanks for sh!tting all over the main reason i even bother to watch tna. thanks for barging into the companyand f'ing up the knockouts division for me and the rest of the fans worldwide. thank you for that subpar first blood match 2 weeks ago and most of all, thank you for that piss poor excuse for an i quit match!just the way i like em: one sided the entire fight and absolutely NO weapons, plus the bonus of them NOT leaving the ring at all! what more damage can you do? exactly what more can you f up in this company?! punk was right about you, you're only in this for yourself, cuz your desperate butt need some cash in your pockets! and you know whats funny as well, the fact thatnow inTHIS day and age, that cm punk is now winning world championships while you're pooping in YOUR diapers, not to mention onall of tna! here's a piece of advice: GET OFF MY TV SCREEN!!!

telvisnostic

[88]Apr 12, 2010
    ^^I love you!

qfrodri85

[89]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 27
    This week's episode was decent, better than Raw. That's not saying much. Last week's episode annoyed me.

Crulex1369

[90]Apr 13, 2010

wdprince wrote:

thanks a lot hogan, thanks for sh!tting all over the main reason i even bother to watch tna. thanks for barging into the companyand f'ing up the knockouts division for me and the rest of the fans worldwide. thank you for that subpar first blood match 2 weeks ago and most of all, thank you for that piss poor excuse for an i quit match!just the way i like em: one sided the entire fight and absolutely NO weapons, plus the bonus of them NOT leaving the ring at all! what more damage can you do? exactly what more can you f up in this company?! punk was right about you, you're only in this for yourself, cuz your desperate butt need some cash in your pockets! and you know whats funny as well, the fact thatnow inTHIS day and age, that cm punk is now winning world championships while you're pooping in YOUR diapers, not to mention onall of tna! here's a piece of advice: GET OFF MY TV SCREEN!!!

This is awesome. Buwahahahaha! Nice!

Randyspeeps

[91]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 34
    wdprince wrote:

That was quite the rant.

telvisnostic

[92]Apr 19, 2010
    Big rumored match for the show tonight.

There is also some BIG suprise for the show tonight according to EB.
    Edited on 04/19/2010 4:53pm

telvisnostic

[93]Apr 19, 2010
    AJ Styles is more interesting than RVD right now. RVD is really acrobatic, but AJ is a whole other bag.

telvisnostic

[94]Apr 19, 2010
    It's a great thing to see AJ get the boos. AJ has been getting so much better on the mic. I love it!

telvisnostic

[95]Apr 19, 2010
    The ladies tag team match was decent. It could have been better though. I also would have loved for TBP to gloat about having all the belts.

telvisnostic

[96]Apr 19, 2010
    Poor Rob Terry, he messed up a few times. The dude is HUGE though, HUGE.

lakmisdra

[97]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 8

All that confetti? Really? No wonder they're losing money.

telvisnostic

[98]Apr 19, 2010
    He shouldn't have won, I don't care what anyone says. And what happened to the re-match clause?

Crulex1369

[99]Apr 20, 2010

As much as I like RVD, that was stupid. There was no build-up, no time to get things going, and just seemed like a random title drop. What the hell was the point of that? The Pope should have gotten it first and foremost, and if they were going to give it to RVD, it could have been done SO much better to make it seem like he earned the thing, not just got it out of nowhere. Ugh, this is so annoying. Glad to see Joeback though. As the only internet fan of his, I'm probably the only one .

telvisnostic

[100]Apr 20, 2010
    Oh there's a legion Samoa Joe fans. I'm not a big fan of his, but he's very good at what he does. If they just keep him as a bad-ass that's fine.

I loved how they didn't explain his kidnapping.