TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

iMpact Wrestling Discussion

Crulex1369

[101]Apr 20, 2010
    • level: 26

telvisnostic wrote:
    I loved how they didn't explain his kidnapping.

I don't remember where I saw it, but someone made a roll call andratingsjoke that went something like:

*Hogan is sitting in his office with Bishoff going over that week's card and says:*

Hogan:So, who is all working this week?

Bishoff: Wolfe, AJ, Flair, Abyss, Pope, Beer Money, RVD and Hardy. And some of the knockouts.

Hogan: What about Joe?

Bishoff: He got kidnapped three weeks ago. We haven't called the police and Taz is the only one looking for him. His family isn't concerned, his friends haven't noticed that he's goneand we'll keep paying him unless he turns up dead. If heturns up dead, we'll repackage him and then release him.And if he shows up, I don't think we'll bother to ask how he got away.

Hogan: Huh. Sounds like everything is going just fine.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wdprince

[102]Apr 20, 2010
    • level: 21

rvd becoming champ was just assinine

hogan and bischoff suck

qfrodri85

[103]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 27
    The only way the RVD TNA Heavyweight Championship reign would work is if it draws on tv. Otherwise, the title change tanked.

And while Impact was good, it still felt like hot-shotting. But I think they wanted to hot-shot since Raw wasn't going to do a good tv show.

ballin1347

[104]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 18
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    ]But I think they wanted to hot-shot since Raw wasn't going to do a good tv show.

Agreed. It just comes down to if they can keep the excitement at that level every week, just like they overdid it on the first Monday show.

telvisnostic

[105]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 52
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    The only way the RVD TNA Heavyweight Championship reign would work is if it draws on tv. Otherwise, the title change tanked.

And while Impact was good, it still felt like hot-shotting. But I think they wanted to hot-shot since Raw wasn't going to do a good tv show.
    I hope his reign bombs so badly that he goes back to Cali. and continues to smoke his life away.

seinfeld111690

[106]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 25
    telvisnostic wrote:
    qfrodri85 wrote:

I hope his reign bombs so badly that he goes back to Cali. and continues to smoke his life away.

What's your problem with Van Dam?

telvisnostic

[107]Apr 25, 2010
    Must you always ass me questions? What about other people on here who also disagree with the win...

Ugh, he doesn't deserve to be the champion of TNA. I don't care how popular he is or whatever, he just doesn't do it for me. He hasn't for a while. I'd have taken a hot shot of Matt Morgan being a champion over him. BTW, it's not a problem with him per say. Also they had no build up for him, except for the promos.
    Edited on 04/25/2010 8:48pm

qfrodri85

[108]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 27
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Must you always ass me questions?
    Lol.

It's not like AJ was an spectacular champion in the first place. By the time he was hooked with Flair, he started to lose anything that made him cool or interesting.

And as far as the RVD thing goes, I'd take RVD over Jeff Hardy, considering all the things. Even if Jeff Hardy is more popular, Jeff still has the trial thing on him.

Also, this is Bischoff. He cares more about TV moments rather than doing proper build-up to a PPV. And most World Title matches on TV end up with the title not changing hands. it's uncommon to see the belt change hands on tv, unless it's due to the belt being vacated or someone gets injured.

Besides, RVD might job to Nash at BFG and Fingerpoke Of Doom II at the Impact after BFG.
    Edited on 04/25/2010 10:05pm

Crulex1369

[109]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 26

telvisnostic wrote:
    Must you always ass me questions? What about other people on here who also disagree with the win... Ugh, he doesn't deserve to be the champion of TNA. I don't care how popular he is or whatever, he just doesn't do it for me. He hasn't for a while. I'd have taken a hot shot of Matt Morgan being a champion over him. BTW, it's not a problem with him per say. Also they had no build up for him, except for the promos.

Greatest mistake ever. Good job, Telvis, you accidently made my day. CoolAnd agreed on all points.

seinfeld111690

[110]Apr 26, 2010
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Must you always ass me questions? What about other people on here who also disagree with the win...

Everyone else just seemed to disagree with the win, you made it seem like you disliked Van Dam.

telvisnostic wrote:
    Ugh, he doesn't deserve to be the champion of TNA. I don't care how popular he is or whatever, he just doesn't do it for me. He hasn't for a while. I'd have taken a hot shot of Matt Morgan being a champion over him. BTW, it's not a problem with him per say. Also they had no build up for him, except for the promos.

Fair enough. Just because you aren't a fan though doesn't mean he shouldn't get a shot at being champion. How can you say a guy like Matt Morgan deserves it over Rob? Rob has worked his ass off for 20 years to get where he is today, give him a little bit of respect.

How did everyone feel about Swagger winning the title a few weeks back? He went from being a jobber one week to the champion the next, yet I saw almost no complaints about that.

telvisnostic

[111]Apr 26, 2010
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Must you always ass me questions?
    Lol.

It's not like AJ was an spectacular champion in the first place. By the time he was hooked with Flair, he started to lose anything that made him cool or interesting.

And as far as the RVD thing goes, I'd take RVD over Jeff Hardy, considering all the things. Even if Jeff Hardy is more popular, Jeff still has the trial thing on him.

Also, this is Bischoff. He cares more about TV moments rather than doing proper build-up to a PPV. And most World Title matches on TV end up with the title not changing hands. it's uncommon to see the belt change hands on tv, unless it's due to the belt being vacated or someone gets injured.

Besides, RVD might job to Nash at BFG and Fingerpoke Of Doom II at the Impact after BFG.
    Yes that was a mistake made on purpose.

AJ wasn't spectacular, but he was a good champion. I do think that Flair kind of messed up his reign more than helped. I always wanted Flair to be paired with someone else, I don't know why, I just do.

This is why he shouldn't have this much power, Eric Bischoff that is. Oh I know it's not uncommon, but they just decided to this out of the blue and it was done to just one up RAW.

telvisnostic

[112]Apr 26, 2010
    Crulex1369 wrote:

telvisnostic wrote:
    Must you always ass me questions? What about other people on here who also disagree with the win... Ugh, he doesn't deserve to be the champion of TNA. I don't care how popular he is or whatever, he just doesn't do it for me. He hasn't for a while. I'd have taken a hot shot of Matt Morgan being a champion over him. BTW, it's not a problem with him per say. Also they had no build up for him, except for the promos.

Greatest mistake ever. Good job, Telvis, you accidentally made my day. CoolAnd agreed on all points.

Why thank you.

telvisnostic

[113]Apr 26, 2010
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Everyone else just seemed to disagree with the win, you made it seem like you disliked Van Dam.

telvisnostic wrote:
    Fair enough. Just because you aren't a fan though doesn't mean he shouldn't get a shot at being champion. How can you say a guy like Matt Morgan deserves it over Rob? Rob has worked his ass off for 20 years to get where he is today, give him a little bit of respect.

How did everyone feel about Swagger winning the title a few weeks back? He went from being a jobber one week to the champion the next, yet I saw almost no complaints about that.
    I'm going to be very honest, Rob Van Dam is a good athletic guy, but he can't cut a promo. And it's a problem if I don't like Van Dam? I don't get that part of your statement that I put in bold above.

As for Swagger, I've always liked him and situation is different because he had that MiTB thing. He cashed it in. I've never had an issue with Swagger winning stuff. I just had an issue with him leaving the once re-born ECW too early to get put on RAW and then to lose constantly. Plus what has Van Dam done in TNA, not elsewhere to get him this win?
    Edited on 04/26/2010 12:44pm

Randyspeeps

[114]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 34
    I love how TNA marks always claim that TNA is pushing their younger talent more than the WWE,yet the "pushed young talent" can never see the TNA World Championship. At least the WWE gives the young stars an opportunity to test the waters with the title around their waist. While TNA gives the Championship to RVD instead of the "pushed young talent."

The TNA Championship should of gone to Pope not RVD. RVD as champion makes no sense at all.

telvisnostic

[115]Apr 26, 2010
    I do hope that DiNero get a re-match when he returns from his injury.

seinfeld111690

[116]Apr 26, 2010
    Randyspeeps wrote:

The TNA Championship should of gone to Pope not RVD. RVD as champion makes no sense at all.

It makes sense. RVD is much more well known than the young guys at TNA. TNA feels that if they push RVD as far as possible they'll gain more exposure. You may not agree with it, but it makes sense.

Randyspeeps

[117]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 34

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    It makes sense. RVD is much more well known than the young guys at TNA. TNA feels that if they push RVD as far as possible they'll gain more exposure. You may not agree with it, but it makes sense.
    They've tried that with how many well known stars (more popular than RVD)? RVD has been out of the business for how long? Do people know RVD is back? Hell Angle was in TNA for years and fans didn't know that.

There was no build-up. It was a random title drop. I could understand if this happened down the road, with some kind of build-up, but under the cirumstances that TNA did it, itmade no sense.

If they wanted to push someone as far as possible, with a big fan base, that would get them exposure, why not put the title on Hardy?

Edited on 04/26/2010 4:57pm

telvisnostic

[118]Apr 26, 2010
    I agree with Speeps and I'm one of the biggest TNA fans on this site.

Someone explain to me, how is smoking pot a lifestyle? AJ is getting better and better on the mic each week.

telvisnostic

[119]Apr 26, 2010
    So far the show has been solid for the ring stuff and they have continuity again. Hurrah!
    For some reason Joe isn't doing it for me this time.

telvisnostic

[120]Apr 26, 2010
    DiNero is really good at getting crowd in his promos.
    The Jim Jones reference was terrible.