Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

iMpact Wrestling Discussion

seinfeld111690

[121]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 25

Randyspeeps wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    The TNA Championship should of gone to Pope not RVD. RVD as champion makes no sense at all.
    It makes sense. RVD is much more well known than the young guys at TNA. TNA feels that if they push RVD as far as possible they'll gain more exposure. You may not agree with it, but it makes sense.
    They've tried that with how many well known stars (more popular than RVD)? RVD has been out of the business for how long? Do people know RVD is back? Hell Angle was in TNA for years and fans didn't know that.

There was no build-up. It was a random title drop. I could understand if this happened down the road, with some kind of build-up, but under the cirumstances that TNA did it, itmade no sense.

If they wanted to push someone as far as possible, with a big fan base, that would get them exposure, why not put the title on Hardy?

Does it really matter? I never thought I'd see the day when fans actually complained about a good wrestler winning a belt.

telvisnostic wrote:
    I agree with Speeps and I'm one of the biggest TNA fans on this site. Someone explain to me, how is smoking pot a lifestyle? AJ is getting better and better on the mic each week.
    Yeah, AJ was dynamite on the mic this week. Has Ric made an appearance on TNA without breaking out the fake blood yet?

Edited on 04/26/2010 6:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[122]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 52
    People do that. Not everyone is going to like him or the win, it happens. I think Ric has been busting his blood spots way too much and I like the blood, when it's needed.

qfrodri85

[123]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 27
    I haven't watched TNA due to my time arrival at home and the Draft has my interest.

The only two things I can say:

-Pope/Anderson segment seems the best part of the show.
    -The Top 10 rank thing is lame for online voting only. Sounds like popularity vote. I'm kinda glad Daniels got fired before this, otherwise all his fans would crawl from the woodwork and make him go #1.

telvisnostic

[124]Apr 26, 2010
    The DiNero/Anderon promo was very good.
    The matches that had Moore/Kaz and the 3 Way Woman's match were good.
    Other than that, nothing much to really write home about.
    Oh the Matt Morgan thing was just hilarious.

As for the ranking system, it is silly, but it's different. And you know how big of a fan I am of Christopher Daniels, but I wouldn't vote for him. For some reason the people in that company don't see anything in him.

seinfeld111690

[125]Apr 26, 2010

qfrodri85 wrote:
    I haven't watched TNA due to my time arrival at home and the Draft has my interest. The only two things I can say: -Pope/Anderson segment seems the best part of the show. -The Top 10 rank thing is lame for online voting only. Sounds like popularity vote. I'm kinda glad Daniels got fired before this, otherwise all his fans would crawl from the woodwork and make him go #1.
    I checked TNA's website, they only give you like ten wrestlers to choose from. Daniels would have never made the list.

Tonight's show wasn't as good as the previous few weeks. TNA needs to cut down the amount of time they give to these "knockouts". I feel like they have the same 6-woman tag each week.

Edited on 04/26/2010 7:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

qfrodri85

[126]Apr 26, 2010
    Lol @ Wolfe being second place despite doing jack in TNA lately.

Good that it's a restricted ranking, but why vote for Angle when he's out for the moment?

telvisnostic

[127]Apr 26, 2010
    I think they just want to make sure that he's still in the company.
    Edited on 04/26/2010 7:32pm

telvisnostic

[128]Apr 26, 2010
    seinfeld111690 wrote:

Tonight's show wasn't as good as the previous few weeks. TNA needs to cut down the amount of time they give to these "knockouts". I feel like they have the same 6-woman tag each week.

No they don't. I think they get just enough time. What is it like 10 minutes with promos and commercials included.

Spending almost 20 minutes to open a show they need to cut down on.

seinfeld111690

[129]Apr 26, 2010
    I think it is safe to say Hardy is the new #1 contender.

telvisnostic

[130]Apr 26, 2010
    Oh boy then he'll take off his shirt and show us his fatness? J/k

telvisnostic

[131]Apr 26, 2010
    Anderson and DiNero are tied at 10%. I'm surprised at Wolfe getting a lot of votes too. Interesting.
    Who voted for Rob Terry? Who?!
    Edited on 04/26/2010 7:35pm

seinfeld111690

[132]Apr 26, 2010
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Anderson and DiNero are tied at 10%. I'm surprised at Wolfe getting a lot of votes too. Interesting.

Well, Wolfe was big over in ROH wasn't he? I'm sure it's just a bunch of ROH fans trying to get him some more TV time.

telvisnostic

[133]Apr 26, 2010
    Yep he was. And I guess his Ring of Honor fanbase followed him over here. If only more people would do things like that.

seinfeld111690

[134]Apr 26, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:
    seinfeld111690 wrote:

No they don't. I think they get just enough time. What is it like 10 minutes with promos and commercials included. Spending almost 20 minutes to open a show they need to cut down on.
    I guess my main problem with them is they are getting tv time while better wrestlers are not. While guys like Pope and Anderson are sitting out, we are forced to watch the same 6 womens wrestlers attempt to put on a decent match.

Edited on 04/26/2010 7:47pm

telvisnostic

[135]Apr 26, 2010
    DiNero is injured and Anderson just got done with Angle. They only have one show and not everyone gets showcased all at once.
    I think if they decline in ratings, we'll see less of the ladies. I do think the tag team belts need to go the way of the dinosaur though.

Randyspeeps

[136]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 34

seinfeld111690 wrote:

Randyspeeps wrote:

seinfeld111690 wrote:
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    The TNA Championship should of gone to Pope not RVD. RVD as champion makes no sense at all.
    It makes sense. RVD is much more well known than the young guys at TNA. TNA feels that if they push RVD as far as possible they'll gain more exposure. You may not agree with it, but it makes sense.
    They've tried that with how many well known stars (more popular than RVD)? RVD has been out of the business for how long? Do people know RVD is back? Hell Angle was in TNA for years and fans didn't know that.

There was no build-up. It was a random title drop. I could understand if this happened down the road, with some kind of build-up, but under the cirumstances that TNA did it, itmade no sense.

If they wanted to push someone as far as possible, with a big fan base, that would get them exposure, why not put the title on Hardy?

Does it really matter? I never thought I'd see the day when fans actually complained about a good wrestler winning a belt.
    You've been a part of forums for how long? And you've never seen fans complain about a good wrestler winning a belt? Seriously... I'm pretty sure you've done the same thing before.

And it's quite simple. I don't want to see RVD with the title. Put it back on AJ or Pope, but not RVD.

Edited on 04/26/2010 8:02pm

seinfeld111690

[137]Apr 26, 2010
    Randyspeeps wrote:
    You've been a part of forums for how long?

Two weeks.

:
    And you've never seen fans complain about a good wrestler winning a belt?

What's there to complain about? As long as he's a good wrestler and can work the stick, I don't see why there is a problem.
    :
    Seriously... I'm pretty sure you've done the same thing before.

Not about any wrestler that I was a fan of. I've done a lot of complaining in my time as a wrestling fan, but I don't see the point of complaining about someone I enjoy seeing wrestle.

qfrodri85

[138]Apr 26, 2010
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    As long as he's a good wrestler and can work the stick, I don't see why there is a problem.
    RVD can work the stick (mic)?

seinfeld111690

[139]Apr 26, 2010
    qfrodri85 wrote:
    seinfeld111690 wrote:
    As long as he's a good wrestler and can work the stick, I don't see why there is a problem.
    RVD can work the stick (mic)?

In his own comical way.