TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

Interviews

telvisnostic

[21]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 52
    The Sun website has an interview with Dixie Carter talking about tomorrow's head to head war with WWE.
    Some of the things she mentioned were -

Whether Hulk Hogan will be more than an on-air talent:

"Absolutely. He is a great on-air talent, but his biggest contribution to TNA will come from him partnering with me. I can't imagine a door that the two of us could not open or a deal that the two of us could not close."

Whether he will help with the direction of the company:

"Yes, he is involved with everything from looking at new talent to how we are shooting the show.
    The two of us, over the past several months, have literally ripped apart every single aspect of the company. I wanted a fresh set of eyes on it, and what better eyes than the greatest wrestler in the history of this business.. We're looking at what we can do better, what we can do differently and what we can try."

What will be defined as success or failure tomorrow:

"How I define success is just being there. Just the fact that we are there on Monday night is a huge success for us. It makes the exact statement that we want to make. This is a marathon not a sprint. The ratings, quite honestly, are irrelevant. Our success is being there and the quality of the show we put on. That's how I'll assess it as far as that specific night goes. But the real winner on Monday January 4 is the wrestling fans, because this truly is the ****c David and Goliath set-up. We have Goliath bringing out the biggest guns that they could possibly bring.. And we're trying to put our best foot forward. You'll see a lot of surprises and a lot of great showcasing of TNA's top talent. The bottom line is that the fans are going to win that night and wrestling is going to win that night. And that's what we want to see happen."

Whether the full three hour show will be aired in the UK:

"I am getting asked this question non-stop and unfortunately the UK fans will see a two-hour edited version of the January 4 Impact on Saturday January 9. I hate the fact that is going to happen, but that's the reality of our situation. We're working to try and get the three-hour show in its entirety shown for free on Video Vault on tnawrestling.com for the UK fans and those around the world who also can't watch it live. It will be a delayed version, but we will find a way to make sure everyone gets to see that full three-hour show.

Whether AJ ****, Samoa Joe and Daniels will still be in the Main Event when Hogan arrives:

"I think Terry has an amazing eye for talent and, with all those people your readers are mentioning, his goal is to make them household names. I can't imagine a better person or brain to have behind the amazing talent that those young guys possess. So that's actually one of the main reasons I brought him in. Again he's not coming in worried about Hulk Hogan and making sure Hulk Hogan is getting over, that's not his job. His job is to get TNA over. And to get TNA over, AJ **** has to become a household name, Desmond Wolfe has to become a household name, Beer Money has to become a household name. "

Whether they are ready for any tricks WWE might have up their sleeves:

"They may say that they don't consider us competition or don't pay attention to us, but we deal with them playing those tricks with us all the time. Nothing is going to change in our game plan. We're going to continue to do what we do best and that's grow TNA one fan at a time. We're not taking on Vince McMahon. We're trying to give the wrestling fans what they want — and that is to make wrestling better as a whole. The thing I'm most sick of is when somebody will put their hand over their mouth and say: "OK, I'll admit it, I'm a wrestling fan." Why do you have to admit you're a wrestling fan? Our goal is to make wrestling cool, hip and relevant."

On WWE calling themselves an entertainment brand rather than a wrestling brand:

"Well we are a WRESTLING company. We have WRESTLERS telling stories through WRESTLING moves and storylines. How can you say you're not a wrestling company? It's time for us to stand up and be proud of that. Because if we're not proud of it, how can we make the fans proud to say that they're wrestling fans?"

Whether Rock, Steve Austin or Shane McMahon will ever be in TNA someday:

"There's nobody we won't go after. But they have to be right to come to the company. They have to be in it for the right reasons. They've got to fit in with what we're doing. If that's The Rock then fantastic. If it's RVD then fantastic. It doesn't matter. If somebody makes sense and has that work ethic and wants to embrace being a wrestler on a wrestling show and trying to do something different then we would love to have them. And, I promise you, we have many more exciting surprises to come."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2792029/Dixie-Carter-Hulk-Hogans-job-is-to-get-TNA-over.html

-PWisinder

Edited on 01/03/2010 12:27pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[23]Jan 21, 2010

TNA wrestler Matt Morgan covered a number of TNA subjects in an interview with Jim Varsallone of the Miami Herald following this week's marathon PPV/TV tapings in Orlando, Fla. The interview is worth reading in its entirety. The following are key highlights:

On Genesis PPV: Morgan said he nearly broke down crying on-camera following his TNA tag title victory with Hernandez at the Genesis PPV because his father was recently diagnosed with brain cancer. Morgan said his father "waited eight long years to see me win a title" and he's not in good shape right now. Morgan said he was in a fragile state of mind going into the PPV. "I'm still a team player, and I'm thinking I don't want to ruin the pay-per-view by breaking down. They said, 'You're not going to ruin it. That's who you are. That's emotion we can't write for you, Matt. So if you do it, you do it. If you don't, you don't.'"

On Possibly Returning To WWE: Morgan said some wrestlers have advised him to jump to WWE while he's hot as a big man in the wrestling business who recently main-evented TNA PPVs. Morgan said he won't because he's loyal to TNA and president Dixie Carter. "People that think they know what's best for my career, like I don't, apparently, will beg and plead with me to go back to WWE. They think I'm crazy for not doing it and why wouldn't I do it especially right now while I'm hot," Morgan said. "Well, it's because of things like that, what Dixie Carter did for me. Physically, I would run through that wall for her, if she told me to. I really would. You can't put a price tag on that. You can not. I'm so emotionally invested. She's a good person."

On Teaming With Hernandez: Morgan said he was initially concerned about being teamed with Hernandez on TV after his singles push, but he believes TNA is building toward a "money match" down the road when they inevitably split apart. "When I was told I was teaming with Herandez, I said, 'Okay, where are we going with this?'" Morgan said. "We have a lot of similarities. We are both big strong guys who are athletic. We do a lot of finesse moves, plus power moves. … One day that's a money match. That's a Bound for Glory, Super Bowl type match. We're both competitors. The athlete in me looks forward to it, and same with him, and that's why I like him. That's why we're friends, but right now, we are the tag team champs, and that's are focus."

On Hulk Hogan In TNA: Morgan showed he knows who butters his bread, as he talked up Hulk Hogan in the interview. Morgan stated his opinion that Hogan was "one of the most over big man babyfaces" of all-time in wrestling and he wants to learn from Hogan in order to one day handle the pressure of being a headline star carrying a company. "If you don't want to pick Hulk Hogan's brain, you really need to have your head examined and quit the business now because you just don't want to be a headline star," Morgan said. "You just don't. You don't want the pressure of the company on your shoulders. Otherwise you'd be picking his brain because no one's ever had a company on his shoulders more than him."

You can read more of the Miami Herald Interview at this link.

-Forceofwrestling

telvisnostic

[24]Jan 25, 2010
    AJ interview. Good read link.

Hurricane1123

[25]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 34
    Eric Bischoff Twitter wrote:
    Sorry to disappoint all of you who are expecting heat between Russo and I. Actually enjoy working with him so far.

Good to know, as much as people joke about how TNA backstage heat is entertaining, it really does the company no good.

telvisnostic

[27]Mar 2, 2010
    The following are excerpts from an interview with Brother Devon from Team 3D from FanHouse.com:

On if TNA wants to run WWE out of business
    : Everyone asks me are you looking to run Vince (McMahon) out of business and I say no we're not. We've seen what happens when there is only one company left and the rival company is run out of business. That one company that stays in business holds a monopoly and that's never good for anyone. With TNA, we're not trying to run Vince out of business. What we want to do is give him competition yet we want to be number one. That's what we're striving for. We want to be the number one company in professional wrestling. We want to have the number one ratings. We want to have the number one talent. That's what we're looking for. We're not looking to run Vince out of business. I don't think anyone would want to see that. I think competition is very good for the business and knowing that it's going to keep both companies on their toes. There will be times when TNA will lose. Their may be times when WWE may lose. But then, knowing when we lose that we regroup, get back together and try to kick their behind. I'm sure they're saying the same thing with us. So either you're on board and going full tilt and you're bringing your best or you have to ship out.

On TNA vs. WWE in head-to-head ratings battles: See, I look at it like this. You have TNA which is on Spike TV and there are some viewers that don't get Spike TV. That was a problem for WWE at one point because they liked to use that reason why their ratings were going down in the first place. OK, we're on Spike TV and we're getting very good ratings. We're not getting the ratings WWE has because they've been around for so long but we will get there. We're inching along, slowly but surely. I'm going to have to same the name recognition. We probably have the most names on our show compared to the WWE. You have your Hunter (Triple H), Undertaker, (John) Cena, Batista, your (Chris) Jericho and Rey Mysterio. Then after that, you go on the younger talent who haven't been really established. With a lot of the guys that are on their TV, you're like "who?" You don't really know who these guys are because there was never a real connection when you brought them in the first time. Now, you're force feeding them down the fan's throats. I generally feel that we have the opportunity to gain momentum. Not taking anything away from the WWE cause they are who they are but we're TNA and we're going to do whatever we have to do to become the number one company regardless.

Check out the full interview at http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/03/02/d/.

-Wrestlezone

telvisnostic

[28]Mar 3, 2010
    The following is an excerpt from a recent interview with TNA star Ken Anderson (Mr. Anderson) from Brian Fritz of AOL Fan House:

Question: Can you clear up one misconception because there was a lot of talk about when you left WWE and what exactly happened to make the company decide to give you your release. There was talk about a match with Randy Orton where afterwards he chewed you out. Can you explain what exactly happened?

Ken Anderson: First of all, I did not get injured in that last match. I know that a lot of people were saying that I had broken my wrist or something like that. I was holding my wrist because I had just got the snot pounded out of me for about ten minutes by five of the top guys in the company. I was just selling. Actually, my physical therapist called me the next day and she said 'did you re-injure your shoulder?' I said no and she was like you were holding your wrist and that's an indicator I guess for those people in that profession. That's something that they look for, for recurring shoulder injury is holding the wrist to immobilize the shoulder. He (Orton) told me to give him a belly-to-back suplex and I did and I thought everything was fine. I got to the back and he was holding his neck, saying that I dropped him on his head. He went to the back and lectured me about how I need to be safe and all this other stuff. He got three huge bags of ice – one on his neck, one on his left shoulder, one on his right shoulder. He got them all saran wrapped up, put his shirt back on and we walked to the locker room and he chewed me out the whole way there – calmly and quietly – but he told me that you need to be careful, blah blah blah. I felt bad about it because I didn't know. I hadn't seen the tape so I thought I really dropped him on his head. Then I went home and saw the tape and saw that he landed flat. If you slow the video tape down, his neck never comes into contact with the mat. So, I'll let you...you watch the tape and you let me know what you think. He landed flat as flat can be and then he went and complained to Vince (McMahon) and then (John) Cena went and complained to Vince and said that they didn't want to work with me anymore because I was dangerous and that is what ended up being the final straw. I wouldn't say that's what got me fired because there were so many other things before that. It was like they were looking for a reason to get rid of me.

Check out the complete interview at http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/03/03/mr-anderson-feeling-reborn-with-tna-wrestling/.

Wrestlezone

telvisnostic

[29]Mar 5, 2010
    D'Angelo DiNero interview.

telvisnostic

[30]May 1, 2010

Scott Steiner's awesome interview.

Just a taste of what he said:
    :
    While not too long ago, he had a deal with TNA, he's not exactly sure what went wrong. And he doesn't really want to talk about it.

What he doesn't like is the robotic mannerisms of many of wrestling's top performers.

"It pisses me off, the guys that they push to the forefront," he says. "They're basically puppets. It's an agent on a headset controlling everything."

:
    Steiner also bristles at suggestions that he was using steroids during his WWE heyday.

"I told (WWE) to have Triple H pick me up in a limo, then we could go test together," he says with a laugh. "They never asked again. I've never failed a drug test in my life.

"Their Wellness Policy is a political issue. A lot of people have addictions. And if they don't hve the willpower to control it, that's when it becomes a problem."

telvisnostic

[31]May 10, 2010
    Jeff Hardy interview.

Excerpts:
    TNAWrestling wrote:
    Boo: With all of that said, what's your favorite match you have had?

Hardy: Overall, it would have to be at WrestleMania X-Seven in Houston. It was the second TLC Match and it's the one where Edge speared me when I was hanging from the belt hook above the ring. In TNA, it was definitely Monster's Ball from the first ever Bound for Glory in 2005. It was me, Abyss, Rhino and Sabu. Both of those matches were matches with stipulations. If you want to know about my favorite regular match of all time, it was at Great American Bash 2008 against Umaga.

TNA Wrestling wrote:
    Boo: Before we go, do you have anything else you would like to say to the fans?

Hardy: Yes. Pro wrestling to me is an art form and it's a physical soap opera and a great mix between theatre and Hollywood movies and all that combined is what this profession is. I think I stand out so much because I offer more than a lot of other guys (into painting, motocross, music, etc.) This really helps me stand out. I believe it is sometimes easy to fit in, but hard to stand out. Follow your dreams and utilize your talents.

telvisnostic

[32]May 11, 2010

His thoughts on the move of TNA iMPACT back to Thursday nights, TNA never intending to compete with the WWE, & the experience of gaining more exposure for the TNA brand as a result of going head-to-head with World Wrestling Entertainment: "First, I don't recall fans en mass telling us not to go to Monday nights. On the contrary, I remember quite a bit of enthusiasm & energy, just because it was a chance to create competition & provide an alternative. There were a lot of fans that spoke out and said it was the wrong decision, but there was a lot of fans that felt the other way. What happened after the move (as we did some research, along with Spike TV), it was determined that while there were fans who enjoyed the competition, there was also a lot of fans that weren't able to check out both. It was a problem for them having to switch back & forth. Unlike the WWE, TNA does not have a lot of other programming, so there's only one TNA vehicle out there, and putting it head-to-head made it difficult for some fans of TNA. As far as WWE being too big to compete with, they're a monster. We never intended to compete with WWE, we intended to position ourselves on Monday night, because that's where the traditional wrestling fan audience is, and we thought that would be a great way to gain exposure for the TNA brand. That's why we went to Monday nights, not to compete."

Rob Van Dam capturing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, the signing of RVD/what if means to the company now & for its future: "RVD, in my opinion, is one of the better things that has happened to us in a while. He's just got a different vibe, a different energy, and he appeals to a different audience again. Hoping that change (the TNA World Title change) is something that resonates with people who might not have otherwise tuned into TNA previously. One of the reasons RVD is here is to expand our audience, and he is clearly a guy that is worthy of being the TNA World Heavyweight Champion."

Those Who Feel "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan is getting lost in the shuffle of TNA's tag team division & the chances of seeing him return to the singles spotlight: "I'm not the head of creative, and I don't pretend to be. I'm a big supporter of Matt, and his future will be determined in the weeks & months to come. One of things I'm not going to do is talk about storylines & internal creative decisions, because A) there's enough spoilers out there; I don't need to do any it, and B) it's not fair to a lot of other people involved. Matt Morgan is a great talent; I think he's got a bright future, and those of you who are Matt Morgan fans should just sit back, watch, & enjoy."

The confidence he has in TNA going to improve in the months ahead & his reaction to certain fans complaining about particular aspects of TNA, including those who are harsh to criticize the older wrestlers/talents in the company: "Is TNA going to improve? Absolutely. Anyone who is objective who's been watching it for the last couple of months, would be hard-pressed to deny that this product is evolving...and in a good way. In terms of older wrestlers, I heard exactly the opposite. I heard a lot of people say, who are fans of both WWE & TNA, they like seeing brands, names, & faces they recognize and that they have a history with. That's not to say they want to see them dominate the show, and we don't need research to tell us that. I'll be careful to say that 'all fans want to see one thing,' because that's not true."

The likelihood of seeing either Jim Ross and/or Paul Heyman in TNA soon
    : "I don't know. I don't know what Jim is thinking & his point of view. I like Jim, and he & I have a pretty good relationship, and we stay in touch from time-to-time. I don't have this kind of conversation with him, and quite frankly, it's been a few months since I spoke to him. Heyman...no idea. But who knows, time will tell. Never say never right?"

Source

telvisnostic

[33]May 11, 2010

Ring the Bell Radio with Kurt Angle
    Hosts: Matt and J.D.
    Audio interview available at http://www.ringthebellradio.com/.

Kurt on his new food line and how it helped Brock Lesnar: "I recently started a food company and a new cafe in the Strip District in Pittsburgh, PA. My food line helps promote muscle tone, weight loss and fat loss. We offer all gourmet food and Italian food, but our food offers high protein and high fiber. That is the new secret that not many people know about. People that have eaten our high fiber high protein foods have lost a lot of weight already.

"A good friend of mine Brock Lesnar (who is a UFC fighter) almost died last year. He contributes his success from getting off of his death bed and being 120 percent healthy due to two things; High Protein and High Fiber, and that is the new secret today. Brock changed his lifestyle and the things he ate. He used to eat tons of red meat, high cholesterol, high fatty foods and that finally caught up with him. But again the way he got back to 100 percent health was a high protein, high fiber diet."

Wrestling in Pittsburgh for the first time with TNA since leaving the WWE: "I thoroughly enjoyed it! Anytime I come back to Pittsburgh we have a great outcome. We had a sold out standing room only show back in March for that TNA house show. TNA does really good in Pittsburgh. The ratings here are double where they are everywhere else. For some reason Pittsburgh really likes TNA and that makes me feel good. Pittsburgh is a great wrestling city, WWE does really well here and TNA does really well too and we are talking about doing a PPV here the next time we come back and hopefully I'll be wrestling for the world title."

How TNA house shows differ from WWE: "We (TNA) have a different mentality than the WWE. You know, Vince McMahon likes to keep his wrestlers away from the fans. He doesn't want any fans in his little fantasy world. But I don't blame Vince for that and that's not a bad mentality to have. But we (TNA) have more of a Southern Hospitality. We invite our fans into our locker room, we invite them to meet all of the wrestlers, we let the fans get into the ring if they choose to do so. I think it's worked really well too, because our house shows (attendance) have been up 30 percent in the past year. I attribute that to how TNA runs the house shows, and the fans really enjoy it. They (fans) go home happy, they get all of the wrestlers autographs, they get to take pictures with whoever was in the main event. I think it's a really great idea and it's done really well for us."

What goes through his mind right before we walks through the curtain
    : "I really go blank. To be honest with you all day long I'm really sore and tired, you're at the arena all day, your doing your pre-tapes and going over what you have to say during the show. I'm not a big fan of going over too much of the match. Once the music hits, your body goes numb, and you're focused on putting on the best performance you possibly can. It's almost like what I went through wrestling for the gold medal in the Olympics. You have to have that focused mentality because wrestling is so dangerous and you go out there and want to perform for the fans, but once you go out there your adrenaline kicks in, and then you start doing things you wouldn't necessarily do." Source

telvisnostic

[34]May 13, 2010

Rob Van Dam's interview:

SlamWrestling wrote:
    "AJ's good," Van Dam told SLAM! Wrestling on Wednesday. "I'm used to having everybody's best match my whole career. I take everybody's move's the best anybody's ever taken them, I make everybody look better than they've ever looked before. AJ's got a lot to work with. I expect, and there's a really good chance, that this is going to be the best match of his career and hopefully a match that has everybody taking about TNA."

:
    "I need the pressure. That's what makes me tick," he said. "On my own time, on my own personal time, I have to overload my schedule with projects. I thrive on the pressure. ... I have to challenge myself in order to appreciate what I'm doing in order to feel alive and enjoy the moment. I love the fact that I've been calling myself 'The Whole F'n Show' for almost 15 years now. And the crowd just confirms it every time I look at them and point my thumbs to myself."

:
    "It meant a lot to me to beat AJ Styles for the belt because a lot of people had always wanted to see AJ and I wrestle," Van Dam said. "Fans acted like that was a dream match. I always felt like that when the match did happen that I'd come out on the winning end of the stick, outclassing, outshining, looking more like The Whole F'n Show. The way the match went down, I feel like [Eric] Bischoff, [Hulk] Hogan and Dixie [Carter], the decision makers feel like I weigh out in the same way."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/05/13/13930376.html

telvisnostic

[35]Jun 6, 2010

Ric Flair speaking to KENT NEWS wrote:
    Legendary wrestling star Ric Flair has tipped a Kent-born colleague to reach the very top of his profession.

The former 16-time world champion says ex-Maidstone schoolboy Steven Haworth – who performs under the name Desmond Wolfe – has all the tools required to make a name for himself in the industry. Both men currently star in the Total Non-stop Action (TNA) promotion, which is returning to the UK next January for its third tour of the country.

Speaking to KOS Media to promote the Maximum Impact shows, Flair – considered one of the finest wrestlers in history – heaped praise on his fellow grappler. "Desmond has a lot of skill and has a tremendous future in the business," he said. "I certainly think he's a future world champion. "It may not happen overnight, but I have no doubt it's something he's capable of fulfilling."

Flair – nicknamed The Nature Boy – also had kind words for Sevenoaks grappler Douglas Williams, who is under contract with TNA as the promotion's X-Division champion. He said: "Doug is a tremendously skilled guy as well. He's definitely a gifted athlete."

Source

telvisnostic

[36]Jun 10, 2010

Wrestlezone wrote:
    The following are some excerpts from a recent interview with TNA Knockout Madison Rayne:

Madison Rayne on who she admires: "I really, really, really liked watching Trish Stratus, and I really really liked watching Ivory and Molly Holly and that whole era. Victoria (Tara), I watched all of that not growing up, it was'nt that long ago but when I was training and learning and studying, those were the names I strived to be like. They kinda put women's wrestling back on the map."

Rayne on Impact move to Thursday's: "I like it. I didn't dislike being on Mondays, I just feel that I was a wrestling fan for so long and there are fans that are just solid TNA fans and there are fans who are just solid fans for the other company but I feel like generally wrestling fans want to see wrestling and just want to be entertained. If there's the option for them to watch one show on Monday and then get to see something else on Thursday, that's gonna make everyone happier than having to choose."

Rayne on comparisons to Mickie James: "I've always been told 'You kinda remind me of Mickie James, you kind of resemble Mickie James' and I always looked at that as a huge compliment. She's great.....I took it as a huge compliment. If she comes to TNA, I think thats only going to be another amazing talent in the Knockouts locker room."

Check out more from the Madison Rayne interview at Facebook.com/bustedopen.

telvisnostic

[37]Jul 9, 2010

Bischoff interview recap:

The future of TNA ReAction on Spike TV: "As far as ReAction goes, I think there will be an announcement hopefully in the near future. I know everyone is excited about the show, but it's really a scheduling challenge. We are looking for the best time of year to premiere that show, and summertime is not typically the best time to debut a show. That being said, an announcement should come in the next couple of weeks from Spike."

The chances of seeing "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson joining TNA after his 90-day no-compete clause from the WWE ends: "I guess a lot of that would have to do with Bryan Danielson and whether he would want to come work for TNA. I don't know that answer to that, and I haven't had any conversations with him. I don't have an idea about what Bryan Danielson is thinking about in terms of his next move. I'm sure if TNA wanted Bryan and he was interested in working for TNA, I'm sure TNA could find a way to do it, given they haven't much trouble signing other big names in the last six months or so. We'll find out when that 90-day period is up."

His reply to Paul Heyman's post-UFC 116 comments about professional wrestling "needing to get their sh*t together": "As far as his comment goes, I don't have a clue of what context the comment was made in. People have a tendency to wanna compare MMA to professional wrestling, and for the life of me, I just can't figure out why. It's not even apples & oranges as I've said before, it's apples & bricks. One is a real sport & the other is scripted entertainment, and beyond that, if anyone can point out any similarities between the two and why wrestling should modify its business model based on what's happening in MMA, I would be very interested in hearing it, because last time I checked, they are two entirely different products."

If we are indeed closer to seeing Paul Heyman sign with TNA and take over the creative direction of the company: "I've heard the Paul Heyman rumor over the last few months, and I know that Paul has talked to Dixie so there has been some conversation, but I don't know what Paul's plans really are. I don't talk to Paul on a daily basis, and if Paul was to join TNA, I think it'll be a big asset, but I don't know what his immediate plans are."

Which match on Sunday's Victory Pay-Per-View he is looking forward to seeing the most & why the RVD/Abyss/Jeff Hardy/Mr. Anderson TNA World Heavyweight Championship Four-Way Match will be "intriguing": "I think the Heavyweight Title Match is intriguing. Love watching RVD, love watching Ken Anderson. I'm a big Anderson fan. Jeff Hardy & Abyss; it's gonna be great. I'm a huge Kurt Angle fan, and I love what he's doing, and that he pulled himself out of the Top 10 rankings, and is working his way up the ladder. So I find that match (Angle vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero) the one I'm looking forward to the most."

source

telvisnostic

[38]Aug 3, 2010

AJ PWI exceprts:

TheBradyHicks wrote:

This week, AJ STYLES stops by to talk about all things TNA Wrestling. Find out what Pro Wrestling Illustrated's top ranked wrestler in the world (PWI 500) thinks about TNA and what it needs to do to beat WWE, who he wants to see join the company, and what he thinks about Ric Flair, Dixie Carter, Batista, Michelle McCool, and Christian.

On Losing the Title to RVD
    I definitely didn't understand it. For the life of me, I couldn't understand it. I was very surprised that I would lose that title after holding it for so long, and to somebody who has basically been out of wrestling for over a year, and was coming in from WWE. And he should have been tired from wrestling a match before that. It was like I'm notthe star I thought I was. I guess I'm just a guy in TNA.

On the Changes TNA has Made
    I think there are mistakes that have been done. Things where you have to look at it and realize you have to take a step back. There were some people brought in that I don't know that we needed, but there are other guys I think deserved a shot.

On Being the Face of TNA
    I don't know. People tell me that I'm the face, but sometimes I don't feel like that. Don't get me wrong. My peers definitely treat me with respect. I guess sometimes I wish that the higher-ups would come to me sometimes and ask, "Hey AJ, what do you think about this?"

On Being Different
    I don't want to be like anyone else. I want to be AJ Styles. I want people to look at me, and have me be separated from everybody else.

On his Favorite Feuds
    Christopher Daniels, Joe, and myself had some great interactions. Kurt and myself, that was a great little program we worked. And even Abyss, we had some incredible matches. The list goes on. It actually seems like working with everybody in TNA has been a favorite.

All that, plus what could have been had AJ accepted a WWE developmental deal in 2002, who he would "steal" from the WWE roster, and if TNA will do ECW some justice. A must-listen for any TNA fan.

Deadnight-Majin

[39]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 18

telvisnostic wrote:

AJ PWI exceprts:

TheBradyHicks wrote:

This week, AJ STYLES stops by to talk about all things TNA Wrestling. Find out what Pro Wrestling Illustrated's top ranked wrestler in the world (PWI 500) thinks about TNA and what it needs to do to beat WWE, who he wants to see join the company, and what he thinks about Ric Flair, Dixie Carter, Batista, Michelle McCool, and Christian.

On Losing the Title to RVD
    I definitely didn't understand it. For the life of me, I couldn't understand it. I was very surprised that I would lose that title after holding it for so long, and to somebody who has basically been out of wrestling for over a year, and was coming in from WWE. And he should have been tired from wrestling a match before that. It was like I'm notthe star I thought I was. I guess I'm just a guy in TNA.

On the Changes TNA has Made
    I think there are mistakes that have been done. Things where you have to look at it and realize you have to take a step back. There were some people brought in that I don't know that we needed, but there are other guys I think deserved a shot.

On Being the Face of TNA
    I don't know. People tell me that I'm the face, but sometimes I don't feel like that. Don't get me wrong. My peers definitely treat me with respect. I guess sometimes I wish that the higher-ups would come to me sometimes and ask, "Hey AJ, what do you think about this?"

On Being Different
    I don't want to be like anyone else. I want to be AJ Styles. I want people to look at me, and have me be separated from everybody else.

On his Favorite Feuds
    Christopher Daniels, Joe, and myself had some great interactions. Kurt and myself, that was a great little program we worked. And even Abyss, we had some incredible matches. The list goes on. It actually seems like working with everybody in TNA has been a favorite.

All that, plus what could have been had AJ accepted a WWE developmental deal in 2002, who he would "steal" from the WWE roster, and if TNA will do ECW some justice. A must-listen for any TNA fan.

I came here to post that AJ interview. He really has a point about dropping the title to RVD. I still can't deny liking Van Dam as champion though.

I'm surprised he spoke out like that.

telvisnostic

[40]Aug 4, 2010

Rob Van Dam's championship reign has been decent at best. He's a boring champion and Styles has every right to be upset with losing the belt to him.

He's spoken out like this before.