We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

Interviews

telvisnostic

[41]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 52

In an interview with Live Audio Wrestling, former WWE/WCW & TNA star Booker T noted that he was not happy to leave TNA Wrestling, but noted that after 2 years with the company, he felt that the writing staff precluded the former TNA wrestler from showing what he could actually do. Booker noted that had the Main Event Mafia faction been booked properly, it would still be going strong as a big faction within TNA today.

Booker noted that he left TNA Wrestling on good terms with management, which is why he filled in for AJ Styles who couldn't make it to a TNA event recently in Houston, TX. He shot down reports of having a bad attitude in TNA and said that any young guy in TNA right now would state that Booker was very helpful to them. He also noted that he would like to see a creative staff in TNA consisting of writers and former professional wrestlers as to develop compelling storylines. Regarding TNA Wrestling removing the six-sided ring, Booker felt it was a step back for the company and noted that after 7 years, it was taken away so quickly and they lost their signature.

Booker noted that he is a big fan of fighting (MMA & Boxing) and said that he does not see former WWE superstar Batista suddenly transforming into a MMA fighter. Booker noted that it is not the last time we have seen him in professional wrestling and noted that he has things in the works.

The interview also features F4WOnline.com's Dave Meltzer and can be downloaded in full at the following link.

http://wrestlingpronews.com/

The following are some quotes from a recent Booker T interview on The LAW radio show in Canada:

On the ECW reunion: I know a lot of the ECW guys - RVD is literally my best friend and we're really tight and doing the ECW thing, it's a nostalgia thing but it's not done the right way and more importantly not done for the right reasons and it's done for a TV rating and that's not what they need to be focusing on. The ratings will come if you put your time into the product and stay on the grind when it comes to focusing on where you're trying to go as opposed to coming in and figuring it out on the fly and it all goes back to having a staff that is coming up with different ideas and you can bounce them off wrestlers who have been in the ring wrestling, that can go up top and give it a 'yea' or 'nay'. You've got to be able to agree to disagree without having animosity and have egos involved when you're trying to run a business and when I was there it didn't feel like it was being run like we really wanted to win and I'm not saying I wanted to beat WWE but I wanted to be the best wrestling company out there and it has nothing to do with WWE.

On a return to a big company: I would not say that I won't be in the big spotlight again - I've got some stuff brewing just keep your ears open and maybe coming up real soon. Booker T. is not over yet, I'm still going to go out there and perform like I said, do my thing, like I always do and make my fans jump.

Check out the complete interview (audio available) online at LiveAudioWrestling.com.

-Wrestlezone

Edited on 08/10/2010 12:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[42]Aug 20, 2010

Former ECW wrestler Axl Rotten appeared on Low Blow Radio on Thursday night. Axl gave his thoughts on ECW and the TNA Hardcore Justice pay-per-view.

-Axl on ECW: "Isn't it funny how it's 2010 and we're talking about ECW? The company that has literally been disbanded for 10 years. The wrestling fans just won't let it die because ECW wasn't just any wrestling promotion. I mean the fans were as much apart of what we did anything."

-Axl on the Hardcore Justice PPV: "It felt like we were home. Dixie Carter was very kind. She was a class act. She told us we were TNA's guests and this was our show, very different than out experience with WWE One Night Stand... It was like I was 8 years old and it was Christmas morning and I still believed in Santa Claus. That was the look on these people's faces. I want them to know it wasn't just them. I was just as excited and happy to be there as they were."

-Axl on keeping an ECW-type faction in TNA: "Isn't it funny how when the wrestling industry is in a slump and in the toilet they turn to us, the freaks and misfits, as a way out? I think it would be very smart of TNA to bring back a form of ECW because the fact remains they can put a lot of money in everyone's pocket's by doing so."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10013661.shtml

---------------

He is right about how when wrestling is in a slump, a company will revive it to get some ratings for a bit.

telvisnostic

[43]Aug 20, 2010

WrestleZone.com reader Justncredible818 sent along the following:

Courtesy: www.MondayNightMayhem.com

Monday Night Mayhem DVD Review: "YouShoot LIVE: Dixie Carter"

Produced By Kayfabe Commentaries & Legends of the Ring

Written By: "Wild" Bill Brown

Content: 8.8

This one of a kind exclusive comes at you this time from Kayfabe Commentaries, as Sean Oliver & his camera crew set up a studio shoot interview with none other than the President of TNA Wrestling, Dixie Carter. Not only is this a monumental occasion to witness the most powerful person running Total Nonstop Action get sizzled in the hot seat with the most challenging questions, but once again a one of a kind first takes place. A live audience not only are viewers, but are allowed to take to the podium and ask their very own questions live & in person straight to the boss. A unique concept, one that has the ability to get a little crazy: see for yourself when Dixie Carter allows the wrestling fans, the media, & Sean Oliver put her through the wringer.

Audio/Video: 9.0

Shot with at least three cameras, once again a fantastic job by the crew here. Clear Dolby Surround in two channels and fantastic video shooting, all that needs to be shown to a viewer at home is emphasized & displayed nicely.

Special Features

As is customary with some other "YouShoot" victims, this time around due to the nature of this presentation & the live audience, as well as the type of person that is being interviewed, Sean & the crew didn't try for fun & games with the TNA President. No "Ho-Bag" or "F*ck, Mary, Kill" type of games here. While always fun to watch, it is certainly understandable to focus on questions pertaining to the wrestling business in a very serious manner to get honest & understanding answers.

What's On The DVD?

For over an hour & a half, Dixie will answer any question thrown at her in a live setting. While some topics are certainly tiptoed around nicely, such as the constant criticism to producer Vince Russo or the answers to the Wellness Policy of TNA, she does indeed offer some form of answers to anything thrown at her. Not only that, but some questions brought her way were answered more strongly than expected and should satisfy the viewing audience. And as is customary with "YouShoot," some of the personalities in the business will have questions, and a very close former backstage producer and now company enemy has a serious video question that will get answered from his former boss. The audience will speak, Dixie will tell, and the questions will be constant. Dixie's past will be shared, the involvement of Panda Energy & Spike TV, as well as the talent both with or not with TNA will be mentioned here. Are the newsletters & reporters too hard on TNA? What are Dixie's responses to all of this, along with the rumbles that have gone on in the company? Additional topics covered in the DVD include: Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle (then & now), the six-sided ring, Bubba the Love Sponge, Vince McMahon, mistakes of WCW, the independent contractors argument, & the booking of TNA. So much more is asked, and Dixie now has to answer to all of us.

Overall Recommendation:

As nervous as Dixie Carter looked in the beginning and the fact that she made mention that she does not care for the video cameras, by the end of what she called privately as an "interrogation process," she comes off looking very professional & openly honest about the matters at hand in the world of professional wrestling, as well as her own company. You will not by referring to anything on here as "tawdry," and quite honestly should be pretty satisfied by how everything went down. This fine video production by Kayfabe Commentaries is definitely worth checking out.

Final Thoughts:

One thing about this live "YouShoot" interview session is the fact that there are no edits & no softballs thrown out. If there is something sizzling in your own mind that you always wanted to ask, chances are those questions will be taken to task here with some form of an answer. The wrestling fans have asked the questions...It's up to Dixie to tell us the answers.

Overall Rating: 8.9

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/detailed-dvd-review-youshoot-live-dixie-carter-109831

qfrodri85

[44]Aug 22, 2010
    • level: 27
    The fact that Dixie Carter does a appearance on YouShoot speaks volumes of the differences between WWE and TNA.

B*tch should appear on YouShoot only after TNA is literally gone.

telvisnostic

[45]Sep 1, 2010

Interview highlights courtesy of The Mayhem's official correspondent, Paterson from New Jersey:

His reaction to those wrestling fans that ask the question "Where is the controversy in TNA?" and if we will be seeing that on TNA programming in the coming weeks/months: "I think that you will. One of the challenges in the business today, and the same is true in the WWE, what can we do that hasn't been done to death in the last 10 to 12 years? When I launched Nitro, and we did all the ridiculous stuff & controversial stuff that I did that put WCW on the map, nobody had ever done it before, and that's what made it controversial. That's why I was the 'anti-Christ' for wrestling fans, because I was doing things no one had done before. Giving away finishes live on the air five minutes before the competition's show went on. All these things people said was stupid & ridiculous, how do you do that again? How does Vince McMahon do all things that are ground-breaking, controversial, & water cooler buzz? How does he recreate those elements in the guidelines of a televised wrestling show? How do you recreate that in today's environment? Is there going to be controversy in TNA? Of course there is. Are we seeing right now? Without giving anything away, I think we're setting it up. In the months to come, people are going to see some things that are controversial, but I don't think anyone should raise the bar of expectations so high that we are magically going to get back to that virgin territory that we enjoyed 10 or 12 years ago."

How much input he usually has into an edition of TNA iMPACT, his response to those that strongly believe that Hulk Hogan & himself are "running TNA," and the current chemistry between himself & Vince Russo: "It varies a lot depending on the week. I've read some of the comments of some of your other guests on Monday Night Mayhem talking about me, and I think Kevin Kelly was one of the ones I read last, and I know people out there think and are under the assumption that Eric Bischoff & Hulk Hogan are 'running TNA.' Nothing is farther from the truth. We have nothing to do with the strategy of the company. We have nothing to do with the marketing of the company. Nobody talks to us or asks us about talent acquisitions or people getting fired. We have little to do with the day-to-day operations of TNA. The same is kinda true with regards to creative. I work closely with Vince Russo, I see the formats, I give my suggestions. Vince & I have a great working relationship, and in regards to chemistry, I would say besides my partner Jason Hervey and Hulk, there's no one better that I have a working relationship with."

The Internet's constant stream of hating against TNA & why it's easier for fans to point out the flaws of TNA than those of the WWE: "Let me put it to you this way: Misery loves company. It's easier for people who are negative, who want to criticize without really having anything intelligent to say and without it being constructive criticism. It's one of the reasons why I constantly am trying to raise the bar, eliminating one stupid fan at a time. When I see the kind of comments like 'TNA Sucks' or 'Your storylines blow,' or 'Fire Russo, or 'Fire Bischoff,' or 'Hogan sucks,' I laugh at that stuff because there are a lot of people out there and because misery loves company. Let's face it, WWE is a giant bandwagon. It's been around a long time. It's easier & safer when you're the type of person who is looking for a group of miserable people to jump on the bandwagon that's successful, because the WWE is a cable television juggernaut. It is what it is. So it's easy to jump on that bandwagon and look down at TNA for its warts, blemishes, bumps, bruises, & dents because there's plenty of them. TNA is not WWE. It's not a billion dollar company with the kind of infrastructure & production staff taking their show live on the road every week. There's so many things that we don't have that it's easy to point out our flaws. I think if you look at what TNA does, and does well, and tries to do. We are 'the little engine that's trying.' There's some great talent in the ring, I think we have the greatest balance of new, young & exciting talent, established talent that rates well despite what everyone else wants to believe on the Internet. If you're objective and you're a real wrestling fan, you're gonna have comments, and while you may not like certain things that are happening in TNA, you'll find plenty of things to like."

Bret Hart's comments about Vince McMahon "stomping out" TNA from Monday nights, the impact "The Hitman" may have had in making that a reality, & what the final outcome would have been for TNA on Monday nights had Bret Hart never come back to the WWE: "I like Bret so much so it's hard for me to comment about things like this. Bret Hart is a little pre-occupied with the legacy of Bret Hart. Not going to deny it, the move to Monday night was a mistake. It is what it is. It was ill-conceived, it was bad timing, it was a risk, and it was a risk that didn't pan out. I've taken plenty of risks that didn't work out, and I've taken some risks that have. Vince McMahon has taken some risks that worked and taken plenty of risks that hasn't. The move to Monday night was a miss, and I'll take as much responsibility for that as anybody else. I don't think any of it had anything to do with Bret Hart. I think if Bret Hart would have never come back to WWE, the outcome of our Monday night effort would have been exactly the same."

His thoughts on this Sunday's No Surrender Pay-Per-View & why his primary focus will be on the semi-finals of the TNA World Title Tournament: "I think there are some great matches on the card. The primary thing that I'm focused on is our 'A-story,' which is who is going to become TNA World Heavyweight Champion. You got four powerful names there, four very exciting talents four guys who could deliver anywhere in the world in either company. You got four guys who are great storytellers and can deliver in the ring. If there's a reason to watch the Pay-Per-View, that's the one thing I would encourage people to follow & watch, because it's another chapter in a pretty interesting story that we laid out back in March, and I'm excited about it."

http://forceofwrestling.com/eric-bischoff-discusses-tnas-move-to-monday-nights-claims-himself-hulk-hogan-are-not-running-tna/

telvisnostic

[46]Sep 2, 2010

Raven wrote:
    Now wrestling:

I would like to point out a few of my current wrestling pet peeves. It could be written more clearly and concisely but I dont have much time before I have to go out of town but I wanted to get them off my chest.

A) Chairshots to the head should only be banned if you dont know how to throw one properly. A suplex can be deadly in the wrong hands. If you throw a chair shot correctly, or know how to bump so the chair shot only grazes you hard enough to make a noise, they are fine. It is idiots who swing for the fences or morons who dont bump with them that should be banned.

B) I guarantee you that more concussions are had by wrestlers from endless nonsensical high spots that the sheets promote as making a better match than chair shots to the head.

C) I guarantee you that more concussions are had by wrestlers from working strong style that the sheets promote as making a better match than chair shots to the head.

D) Dreamer's kids have been actresses since about 2 years old. They know what acting is. They were introduced to Tommy's friend Scotty (thats me) before the match and told that is was all acting. After the show, all bloody, I went up and talked to the girls to see if they were ok. They were laughing and said they had a great time. They thought the whole thing was a blast. Huh? But how could that be? Dont they have to be traumatized? Ever think that each case is a little different and should be treated as such. How bout giving Tommy credit for being a wonderful father who would never harm his little girls for the world and made sure they knew exactly what would happen ahead of time, and if he for an instant thought it would be problematic, he would have left that spot out completely.

E) Get some f@#king facts before you disparage ****

For example 1): One of the guys they put over for looking good and cleaning up was the only person f@#ked up out of his gourd which was obvious to anyone watching a Tv except them.

For example 2): For years the sheets would always say, how come so and so always happens to have the right pair of keys to open the handcuffs when they would be handcuffed allowing them to escape at the most fortuitous moments? What they didnt know, nor decided to look into was that all f@#king handcuff keys are the same. Yet they spent years dogging any and all matches when someone would happen to have keys to escape. The sheets arent always right. They thought Sean Waltman early in his career was one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Same with Sabu. A couple years later, when both actually became the incredible workers the sheets thought they had been (which both Sean and Sabu will tell you, they werent nearly as good as they became and the sheets were wrong), the sheets are ****ting on both for not being as good as they used to be because they didnt have the kind of matches the sheets wanted, non stop action without a story. In Hollywood, movies with non stop action and no stories are called crap. The sheets are quite often wrong, and there is a word for people who follow them without thinking for themselves, it is sheep.

F) The sheets crapped on the former ECW guys who werent in shape, but decry when wrestlers used steroids. Make up your mind. Benoit who until he became a double murderer was the biggest steroid user in the business and without steroids he never would have had a career, yet he was never buried for it. Other guys were. Dont you love people who pick and choose their favorites when condemning society.

G) Finally to all the sheet writers, if you were really as strongly convicted about stopping all the deaths in wrestling, you'd stop watching wrestling and supporting such a horrible business, you'd stop making money off it, you would try and get your readers to stop watching, and you would fight for what you claim to believe in, like getting us health care or what not. But no, you prefer to sit in your ivory tower decrying every death, then writing all about it waiting for the next death and continue to line your pocketbooks like the carpetbaggers you are. Which makes you pompous, holier than thou ****

My fingers hurt. Time to start doing video blogs.

Raven

Thank you RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

Crulex1369

[47]Sep 4, 2010

telvisnostic wrote:

Raven wrote:
    Now wrestling:

I would like to point out a few of my current wrestling pet peeves. It could be written more clearly and concisely but I dont have much time before I have to go out of town but I wanted to get them off my chest.

A) Chairshots to the head should only be banned if you dont know how to throw one properly. A suplex can be deadly in the wrong hands. If you throw a chair shot correctly, or know how to bump so the chair shot only grazes you hard enough to make a noise, they are fine. It is idiots who swing for the fences or morons who dont bump with them that should be banned.

B) I guarantee you that more concussions are had by wrestlers from endless nonsensical high spots that the sheets promote as making a better match than chair shots to the head.

C) I guarantee you that more concussions are had by wrestlers from working strong style that the sheets promote as making a better match than chair shots to the head.

D) Dreamer's kids have been actresses since about 2 years old. They know what acting is. They were introduced to Tommy's friend Scotty (thats me) before the match and told that is was all acting. After the show, all bloody, I went up and talked to the girls to see if they were ok. They were laughing and said they had a great time. They thought the whole thing was a blast. Huh? But how could that be? Dont they have to be traumatized? Ever think that each case is a little different and should be treated as such. How bout giving Tommy credit for being a wonderful father who would never harm his little girls for the world and made sure they knew exactly what would happen ahead of time, and if he for an instant thought it would be problematic, he would have left that spot out completely.

E) Get some f@#king facts before you disparage ****

For example 1): One of the guys they put over for looking good and cleaning up was the only person f@#ked up out of his gourd which was obvious to anyone watching a Tv except them.

For example 2): For years the sheets would always say, how come so and so always happens to have the right pair of keys to open the handcuffs when they would be handcuffed allowing them to escape at the most fortuitous moments? What they didnt know, nor decided to look into was that all f@#king handcuff keys are the same. Yet they spent years dogging any and all matches when someone would happen to have keys to escape. The sheets arent always right. They thought Sean Waltman early in his career was one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Same with Sabu. A couple years later, when both actually became the incredible workers the sheets thought they had been (which both Sean and Sabu will tell you, they werent nearly as good as they became and the sheets were wrong), the sheets are ****ting on both for not being as good as they used to be because they didnt have the kind of matches the sheets wanted, non stop action without a story. In Hollywood, movies with non stop action and no stories are called crap. The sheets are quite often wrong, and there is a word for people who follow them without thinking for themselves, it is sheep.

F) The sheets crapped on the former ECW guys who werent in shape, but decry when wrestlers used steroids. Make up your mind. Benoit who until he became a double murderer was the biggest steroid user in the business and without steroids he never would have had a career, yet he was never buried for it. Other guys were. Dont you love people who pick and choose their favorites when condemning society.

G) Finally to all the sheet writers, if you were really as strongly convicted about stopping all the deaths in wrestling, you'd stop watching wrestling and supporting such a horrible business, you'd stop making money off it, you would try and get your readers to stop watching, and you would fight for what you claim to believe in, like getting us health care or what not. But no, you prefer to sit in your ivory tower decrying every death, then writing all about it waiting for the next death and continue to line your pocketbooks like the carpetbaggers you are. Which makes you pompous, holier than thou ****

My fingers hurt. Time to start doing video blogs.

Raven

Thank you RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

*Clap clap clap-clap-clap* Thank you Raven!!! at him wanting to do video blogs to save his fingers. It'd be worth it to hear him say this on camera.

qfrodri85

[48]Sep 4, 2010
    I may disagree with him a bit on the chairshots to the head not being banned (but the people who have to sell chair shots should be blamed too), but he's got many right points. If only he was actually a greater in-ring worker and given good mic time, he could have been bigger than what he is.

What sites is he targeting in his blog?
    Edited on 09/04/2010 7:24pm

telvisnostic

[49]Sep 4, 2010

The Pope D'Angelo Dinero spoke about his schooling, movies, TNA, and more in a recent interview which you can read at http://www.fanhouse.com/ Here are some highlights:

On where he's going to school: Florida State daddy! It's still going on. Pope got six more classes and once I finish that hopefully if all goes according to plan just finishing out that whole criminal justice thing, y'all know the background. Just finishing that out and if all goes according to plan man, Pope will be marching in March.

On whether he will become a lawyer: Hold on daddy, you're going in the wrong direction. You're supposed to be saying you can see Pope on the big screen. Even when that happens, Pope will still be a part of this business one way or another. That's where Pope wanna go daddy. Hollywood is the only suitable destination for a Pope of my caliber.

On why he hasn't made a movie yet: You know what daddy? That question is as good as mine but then I look up north (WWE) and I say gee whiz, how come no one of Pope's background if you get my drift, how come ain't none of them done a movie either? Their chance is probably more good or better than mine at this time being that they got a whole production film thing going on. I look at the guys like, that was Cryme Tyme and some of my friends up there, Kofi (Kingston) and I'm like why aren't those guys in movies? My time will come so I'm not worried about that. Pope's time will come. Everything happens in due time but right now, first things first, is Pope's gotta get that gold to have as big of bling around his waist. You're talking about the TNA World Heavyweight Title daddy.

On whether his WWE friends are getting a fair shake: (laughs) In this day and age, if you're up there, shake what ya got. Shake what ya daddy or momma gave ya. They're getting something. I can't speak on their behalf because I don't know what a fair shake to them would be. But Pope can count his blessings and I'll make that known right now that I am happy, I am elated, I am ecstatic to be a part of TNA Wrestling. That's for sure.

On being happy with his position with TNA: Ooh, that's a good question. I will say I couldn't be in a more happier and suited spot than I am in right now. Everything's going well, everything's going to plan. I can say yes, I can say no but then you'd have to attribute some of that to Pope's recent injury. So for me to come back off an injury, you know, three months ago when I went down with that injury and come back and be in the main event spot with (Mr.) Anderson and Kurt (Angle) and Jeff Hardy right now double main-eventing "No Surrender", I can't ask for more.

On whether he was worried about his spot due to the injury: No. That never ever crossed my mind at one time because Pope ... You know, TNA is a place of opportunity. TNA is a place that recognizes talent. They recognize raw talent and they want their talent to shine. That never crossed my mind. What was killing Pope was being stuck up in one place at one time, home at the crib. I mean, you can only play Xbox 360 for so long. When you can only play Madden, you can only watch a movie for so long. I couldn't do anything. Pope couldn't even shower by himself. And trust me, while it was fun getting washed from head to toe everything now and then, it got old after a while as well.

On his tweet that was taken to be a hint at Dixie Carter's surprise: (laughs) Pope had no idea that Dixie had ... I don't know if she had tweeted or Facebook. I just have to drop in every now and then to let me congregation know that hey, I ain't forgot about you. Like I said, I'm in the midst of four different classes so I just dropped a little tweet 'cause I heard some good news for Pope. So I chose to say "that's cool". I don't know man. This place has ... when Pope says this is cool on Twitter, all of a sudden everyone started coming at me like, like an animal!

On Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair being the focus of TNA programming: No daddy. Here's what Pope is gonna say about that. Everybody, everybody can be used and have a spot in the entertainment aspect of any wrestling program. It's not where or who it is, it's how it's being done. And as you mentioned, focal point. Well, I don't think they are the focal point. I mean, I don't see Flair or Hogan headlining No Surrender. I didn't see Flair or Hogan headlining Victory Road. They're no focal points. They're there to add credibility to the product. Their name value obviously is more than some of us younger guys so you have to give them that credit. They're not focal points and I think TNA knows that. Hogan knows that. Hogan has said that. Flair knows that. Flair said that. You know, Flair didn't go out there and put himself over with AJ Styles. Flair went out there every "Impact" and did his absolute honest best to say this guy, AJ Styles is not only the best wrestler in this company but in the world. Flair was being the same Flair that he was with Triple H in the year 2001 and so forth. So, those guys are not focal points.

On whether he or Flair is the better talker: Oh daddy, Pope will eat Ric Flair up! Don't try to pull Pope on the ... Flair is the absolute all-time greatest when it comes to it. But right now, in this day and age, daddy you put Pope and Ric Flair face-to-face with a microphone I guarantee you things are gonna get turned upside down. And that's not no threat to Flair or anybody else, that's just a promise man. You put a mic in my hand and you already know the deal.

-TNA Wrestling News

http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/09/03/the-pope-preaching-his-ways-heading-into-tna-no-surrender/

telvisnostic

[50]Sep 4, 2010

qfrodri85 wrote:
    I may disagree with him a bit on the chairshots to the head not being banned (but the people who have to sell chair shots should be blamed too), but he's got many right points. If only he was actually a greater in-ring worker and given good mic time, he could have been bigger than what he is.

What sites is he targeting in his blog?

I'm going to guess that it's Wrestlezone.

telvisnostic

[51]Sep 10, 2010

Low Blow with Kid Kash
    Available at BlogTalkRadio.com/lowblowradio.

Kash on a potential ECW revival within TNA: "Well I think it would be great. Just look at the history. ECW was very popular and drew. WWE brought them back for the invasion angle and drew high ratings up until they turned it into just another WWE brand. TNA's ECW PPV was very successful. What would you do? It's all about the facts. ECW has always drawn well for whatever the purpose of the company was using it. I say it would be a smart idea."

Kash on his recent TNA dark match: "I was in town and they contacted me to work and I did my business. That's all."

Kash on the possibility of signing with TNA: "Yes I would be glad to and very open to it. Wrestling to me isn't what it is to other guys. It's not as much about the love for the sport. It's a way for me to make myself a living and TNA would be great with that."

Kash on the possibility of Paul Heyman joining TNA: "I think it would be great for them. He was always a great booker but not the best business man. I think if he booked and the financial aspect was handled otherwise it would work out well in the end for everyone."

Kash on incorporating more MMA into pro wrestling: "Yea I think that would work well. I'm actually an MMA fighter myself. I think it would be awesome. I mean think about it. I even asked TNA about this. I personally would go out there as an MMA fighter myself and go at it. I would love to do an angle where I would go out there in the middle of the ring and challenge Dana White and his guys.

"Bring the UFC and TNA together for a one night PPV and have some matches which are real fights. Not one that's set up. I mean you would have your scripted wrestling matches but also your real MMA style fights. I don't know about the other guys but I'd be the first guy in the dressing room to stand up and put my gloves on because I love it. More than wrestling. I mean I'm 41 years old and I train every day, not only in the weight room but on the mat as well."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10014006.shtml

Deadnight-Majin

[52]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 18

The following is taken from Dixie Carter's Youshoot interview. These excerpts were printed in Power Slam Magazine, and being the hero that I am, I shall type them up for you to read.

Question posed to Dixie: "What is TNA's mission statement?"

Dixie's response: "To become the pre-eminent wrestling company in the world, and to do it with integrity and professionalism."

Question: "If you could model TNA after any wrestling company, [which] would serve as the perfect model?"

Dixie: "I don't think I would model it after any company: it's important to be your own company. I learn from what other companies do well. Our biggest challenge is keeping up with technology."

Question: "How badly do you want [TNA] to become the number one [wrestling] company in America?"

Dixie: "I'm competitive so, of course I want to be number one. At the same time, I'm smart, and I know one competitor has a 20-plus-year head start on me, and respect that they are ingrained into every market around the world. In television ratings, we're actually winning." [Power Slam Editor: Really? Where?]

Question: "Why is there no TNA Magazine?"

Dixie: "Magazines are obsolete, and not a good business decision."

[Power Slam Editor: Erm, what? There are over 2500 different magazines currently being published in the UK alone. To refute the second part of her statement, every one of the previous 193 issues of Power Slam made a profit, and Issue 194 will as well. TNA, on the other hand, has been profitable for less than two years of the eight years it has been in existence, and is currently losing money, largely due to itoverspending on stars of the 1980s and 1990s.]

Question: "How much would Vince [Mcmahon] have to offer [for] you to sell [TNA to WWE]?"

Dixie: "I dunno. What do you think he'd take for [WWE]? I think we're just as capable of raising funds and buying them as they are trying to do the same to us."

Question: "Do you think TNA should start charging for tickets in Orlando, Florida?"

Dixie: "You want o pay? No. I think if a fan is going to travel to see us, they should get in free for the show."

Question: Do you think it would make more sense to have first-time opponents [in TNA] have [their] matches on pay-per-view [instead of] on free TV?

Dixie: "Again, [the person asking the question] wants to pay for this stuff? The pay per view business is another model that is on its decline [PS Editor: UFC's numbers disprove that statement.]. It's important to us when we're trying to build a brand to show stuff on television and not just on pay per view."

Question (from Jim Cornette via video): "Why do you employ Vince Russo? Why have you entrusted the creative direction of your company to Vince Russo for so long? Why does Vince Russo have a job within the professional wrestling industry? Answer the question as if your company depends on it - because it does."

Dixie: "Thank you Jim, so good to see you [sarcastically]. What makes someone successful in pro wrestling is that you either love them or you hate them, and I think that Vince Russo is that kind of character - and that's really what you want from your best talent. He is honestly incredibly talented when it comes to writing creative."

Question: "You stated that pay per view os not as important to your company's survival as some might think. When contractual obligations [expire], do you plan on moving to a TV-only [approach]?

Dixie: "It's a dying model, but one I happened to make millions of dollars on. Until I can replace that income, I'll continue to do it. It's not where I'd put my sole focus on."

telvisnostic

[53]Sep 13, 2010

She should never ever interview again!

Crulex1369

[54]Sep 13, 2010

Wow, Dixie. No, just.........no.

Deadnight-Majin

[55]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 18

Best responses ever.

telvisnostic

[56]Sep 14, 2010

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Best responses ever.

She needs to hire a new P.R. person. This interview was not just terrible, it was stupid on so many levels.

qfrodri85

[57]Sep 16, 2010
    Damn... I knew/read Dixie was quite a moron, but not that bad.

Randyspeeps

[58]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 34
    I frequently call Dixie Carter an idiot, but I'm afraid I was giving her too much credit.

telvisnostic

[59]Sep 23, 2010

Being recruited by "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, the comparisons of Fortune with other factions over the years (and the similar ingredient they all had making each group successful), and his mindset leading into the "big battle" vs. Fortune at Bound For Glory: "It's simple...It's like this.When I came out on iMPACT, and I said Ric Flair recruited me as his #1 recruit, I wasn't lying. People thought that since I didn't join the group immediately, that 'The Blueprint' was full of himself, and he's juts exaggerating as usual. No. I'm not some kind of fortune teller. I wasn't just predicting the future. It was already set before we went down that route. You look at any group, whether it be the versions of The Horsemen that have gone throughthe years back in, or you look at any other important faction in the history of our business, what's the one common denominator that every group always had?

"They all had the big freak, they always had some big monster. That was the one, yet very big missing ingredient they needed for Fortune. As soon as I joined them, what happened? We started taking over the damn show. So I think that speaks the truth more than anything else does, and I think it's a bunch of guys that are the best in the world at our craft from different perspectives. The high flyer in AJ (Styles); you have the best in wrestling in Beer Money; you got Kaz, who has stepped up immensely; Doug Williams is one of the best wrestlers I've ever seen between the ropes. You put us all together with Ric Flair...I mean come the hell on! That's a done deal. That's a wrap. Who the hell's gonna screw us?

"Well apparently EV2 has attempted to. It becomes tiresome, it becomes annoying that these old fossils just keep showing up on our show. We're pretty much just sick and tired of it. I'm an equal opportunity ass kicker. I don't care if these cares are about a step away from their AARP memberships. I could care less. We're gonna take what's ours, and then once what we take what's ours, we'll take what's yours as well next. That's what's going tobe going onat Bound For Glory. You're going to see a big battle. Fortune is going to prove why we're not only the best action in wrestling, but we own TNA...It's only a matter of time."

How he feels that he has evolved in the company since last year's Bound For Glory (vs. Kurt Angle) to where he currently stands in TNA, why the frustration and issues we are seeing between Fortune and EV2 go beyond the parameters of a wrestling storyline, Ric Flair making every one in Fortune better individually and collectively, and why he disagrees with those that feel that "The Nature Boy" is taking up TV time: "Last year (this time at Bound For Glory), I was working with Kurt Angle, and we had a hell of a match, and it was one of the high points of my career. We brought in a lot of new guys since then, and that's one of the problems that me and the rest of Fortune have been having. It's not like some written-out storyline that was handed to us. These are true feelings coming from all of us when you hear us speak about it, or more importantly, when you see us act on it (our hatred to a lot of these guys that just come into the company). Technically, you could say I was one, but I paid my dues.

"I didn't just come in through this rolling door and just get boosted to the main event. People remember that I busted my @ss. I worked my way all the way up to that main event slot. And last year, vs. Kurt Angle, I thought I solidified that. With all the influx of new talent, I understand the company needs to grow, but Fortune's problem is that we just get sick and tired of it when it becomes the '40, 50,and over club' so to speak.Look at Ric (Flair). Ric's not taking up TV time. He's trying to pass his knowledge on to us. If you pay attention,he is single handedly going to make each and every one of us better...one by one and then correctively. At Bound For Glory, you are going to see us take out a lot of pent-up frustration over the last 365 days. You'll see what we doto EV2 about it."

The evolution of his acting career, his experience of guest starring on the season premiere of FOX's The Good Guys (airing this Friday night @ 9PM ET/8PM CT), along with his forthcoming projects on the horizon:"I'm currently doing two movies right now. I've about to wrap one of them, and another one I start doing in about a month from now. The Good Guys (this Friday on FOX) is a great opportunity for me, and it's a great opportunity for our company to get some mainstream publicity. You can't deny one thing: I stick out like a sore damn thumb.

"When you watch the show (no matter if you're a wrestling fan or not), people are going to click through the channels and go 'Holy crap..look at the size of that guy,' and then when you see the persona and the character I'm playing,people are going to get hopefully enthralled enough with it to continue watching the show that haven't watched the show regularly. I felt honored that they chose myt o be the big fall season premiere.That's a huge honor. Very rarely will there be another opportunity where I get more sets of eyes on me than this Friday. It's just a great chance for me to show that I've honed my craft, and that I've improved, and I'll continue doing it to be perfectly honest."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10014222.shtml

telvisnostic

[60]Sep 27, 2010

Busted Open show with Mr. Anderson
    Hosts: Dave LaGreca, Doug Mortman, and Reby Sky
    Airs Mondays and Wednesdays on Sirius 126 and XM 243 from 2-4 ET
    Visit Facebook.com/bustedopen for more information

Anderson on WWE's PG approach: "I don't know how you have guys beating each other up and half-naked women running around and make it a PG... To me it doesn't make sense. I understand they have investors and things like that to answer to, which kind of sucks in a way. I think when that company went public, that was the start of the sinking ship, that was the little hole in the side of the ship."

Anderson on being released by WWE for being too stiff in the ring: "When I left and I started talking to different people who had been there a while who had left like Booker (T) and people like that, I remember telling Booker that. He said, 'Ah, they got you with the old being stiff routine, huh?' This has been used for years and years and years. If you don't want somebody to be there anymore, you start complaining that they're too stiff or they're prone to injuring others and stuff like that, and eventually the person gets pushed out the door."

Anderson on the origins of his **** routine: "I started saying 'nice guys finish last, thank God I'm an **** in OVW. I actually started saying it on independents right before I got to OVW. I said it during promos at OVW, and the boys popped for it and they liked it. It's a good test, if the guys like it, the fans are usually going to like it. They are more critical, they've seen everything, and heard everything. When I got brought up on the road, I asked Vince (McMahon) in our first sitdown meeting... I asked him if I could say that. He said no, you can't say ****.

"We started trying to figure out ways we could work it in. Johnny Ace came up and said, (impersonating John Laurinaitis) 'Hey, uh, your name could be like Adam and your last name could be hole and you could be like thank God I'm an a-hole.' Vince looked at him like, 'Are you kidding me?' I went to Johnny, I like that idea, but I think that's an idea for someone who is going to be here for a month or two. It's pretty gimmicky and I plan on being here for a long time. Vince looked at me, 'Yeah, that's the right answer.'"

Anderson on Kurt Angle: "Kurt Angle is a guy who... You know how much he's done in this business, what he's done and where he's been, how much he's done for this business. He's in a position right now where he doesn't really have to give anything back if he doesn't want to, but that guy puts 110 percent in every single day that he comes to work. All of his matches, he wants them to be the best matches on the show."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10014290.shtml

Part 2:

Anderson on the meeting he had with Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon regarding his planned World Title win: "I went into the office and there was Stephanie and Vince. He was like, 'It's unfortunate that Undertaker has to have surgery. We wanted him to have a very long title run.' And then he laid out the scenario that Edge eventually carried out. He said you're going to have a match, a cage match, and he's barely going to squeak out of that one, and then you're going to come down with your Money in the Bank and we have a new champion.

"I remember he gave me a reason, he said right now Batista's stock is really high because he's chasing the title. If that stock starts to dip, we're going to put the title on him. It's kind of that give and take. He asked if there was anything else I wanted to talk to him about. I told him I appreciate the information, but you don't need to tell me that because I'm a businessman and this is a business. You know, it's fake wrestling. As long as the crowd says boo when they're supposed to say boo and they say yeah when they're supposed to say yeah, I'm happy.

"Ultimately, I don't think he liked that too much. He obviously doesn't want it then, that kind of mentality, it's weird. That's not what I meant at all. You hear about guys not wanting to put somebody over, not wanting to lay down and get pinned or whatever. You think that if Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenneger were working on a movie together and Arnold is the bad guy and Stallone is the good guy, do you think Arnold is going to go to the director and said, "You know, I don't think at the end of this movie my character would die.' He wouldn't say that. He wouldn't say at the end, I think I should win. That's the kind of mentality I have. Like I said, if the crowd says yeah when they're supposed to and boo when they're supposed to, I'm happy."

Anderson on Stephanie McMahon breaking the news to him regarding his injury that cost him the World Title run, and later finding out that it was a medical misdiagnosis: "Stephanie called me, I was in my hotel room, and was like, 'Ken, do you know what happened? You tore your triceps off the bone and you're going to have to have surgery and you're going to be out like seven or eight months. We're actually having Vince's corporate jet come to pick you up now and bring you to Raw and Edge is going to challenge you for your briefcase and you're going to drop the briefcase to him and then he's going to do what you were supposed to do.'

"I'm thinking in my head like, I have a year to cash this in. I'll be back in seven months. You still have time. But they just couldn't think of a better way to take the title off Undertaker. Like, there's a million ways you could do it. Anyway, so I went there and I dropped the briefcase to Edge. The next day I went down to Birmingham, Alabama to see Dr. James Andrews. He comes in and he grabs my triceps and he starts moving it around and he says, 'That's not torn.'... Sure enough, I went through another MRI and no tear. It was just a large bruise. I had to take two weeks off and I ended up taking like four weeks off."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10014293.shtml

Edited on 09/27/2010 12:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.